Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-06-2006, 08:44 PM   #19
riceboy

Drives: icebox
Hey echo hrs,

Do you know if there's mounting kit for a touchscreen or lcd in that same slot? I'm thinking that it might be a cleaner looking install... instead of going with a pop out screen...
riceboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 08:51 PM   #20
Sp33dY
www.OZTOYOTA.com

Drives: Toyota Echo
Theres heaps of Double DIN's you could buy to fit.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:33 PM   #21
gravylegs

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback RS
So quick question....

I didnt get any kind of manual for the cd player, though I think there is some info in the actual car manual. Can someone who has pulled it out tell me if there is an RCA lead for a sub/amp? Easier to ask than to yank it out and look....

Does anyone know where I can get more detailed specs on the stock deck?
gravylegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 07:01 PM   #22
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47

This thread should help you out with that. There is specs for everything Yaris in the pdf's.

I'll try and see if the owner's manual says anything.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:14 PM   #23
echo_hrs
Around the universe...

Drives: Uber-Evolved Pokemon
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravylegs
So quick question....

I didnt get any kind of manual for the cd player, though I think there is some info in the actual car manual. Can someone who has pulled it out tell me if there is an RCA lead for a sub/amp? Easier to ask than to yank it out and look....

Does anyone know where I can get more detailed specs on the stock deck?

I don't think I've ever seen a stock Toyota deck have RCA Preouts...My upgrade 6 disc/MP3/CD certainly didn't...

Cheers
echo_hrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 04:01 PM   #24
gravylegs

Today I yanked off the door panels and the center part of the dash. I was a little reluctant, as in the past I have broken clips and stuff like that, and it is a pain in the rear to go and get new ones.

In any case, I was PLEASANTLY suprised at the design of this thing! I didnt have to remove a single screw to get the parts off, and the deck will be super easy to replace once I get a kit. I am replacing the deck and the front speakers, and adding a sub. The only thing that is a little irritating is that the speakers are held in by rivets instead of screws. I can drill them out, and will hopefully be able to find some screws that will fit the rivet holes. I don't know about you guys/girls, but I dont have a rivet gun lying around!

So in any case, as of today I will have the MP3 6-disc changer for sale....cheap! Anyone that bought a Yaris without the upgraded stereo want to upgrade?
Old 05-20-2006, 04:02 PM   #25
gravylegs

Oh, and I did snap some cel phone pictures....they arent the greatest, but for the folks that are more timid than I, I will be posting a DIY in the near future.

Cheers
Old 05-20-2006, 07:58 PM   #26
silverRS

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Silver
cool good work, let me know how it goes, im just itching to put in my 2 10" Alpine Type R's and amp, I just need to get my hands on a good deck, Alpine or Clarion. Oh and a Cap since that Alterntor and Batt are so damn small.
silverRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 08:08 PM   #27
gravylegs

Hey Silver....
So I went shopping today and nobody had a dashmount kit for the Yaris. I wasn't sure if the echo one would fit so I decided to hold off. Someone earlier in the thread said that the echo one does indeed work, so I guess I will pick one up tomorrow. Ive got a pair of 6" RF Punches that I will throw in the front doors, use the stock rears for fill, and will be using a single Orion XTR 10" (yes, it is old...) at some point in the future. Just need to figure out what amp to get to drive it. So tell me, whats the deal with the capacitor? how do you spec out the right one for your config?
Old 05-21-2006, 04:12 PM   #28
becomingx

Drives: 05 Scion xA Release Series 1.0
I don't have a Yaris yet, but I'm wondering where a good place to mount tweeters would be.. I have a set of Boston SL-60 components I want to use, but I don't want to hack into anything serious to do it.. Maybe the sail panels on the inside of the mirror would work.. Thats where the stock tweeters were in my Protege5 and Civic Coupe were.. I wish dealers here had liftbacks so I could check them out and see... Damn small town dealerships.
becomingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 04:45 PM   #29
plushDJ

Drives: 2007 3 dr manual
a good way to choose a cap is to think of it this way; a 0.5 farad cap is for up to 500 w, a 1 farad is up to 1000 w, and 1.5 is up to 1500 w. I'm running more than that so I just bought an Optima yellow top and I'll be running two batteries in the system instead of a cap. And for an update I'll be adding 4 10's instead of 2 12's. I'll trust yall that the echo kit works and I'm picking up a pioneer deck later this week. I can't wait til it's all done we're buying a digital cam here too so pics'll be up in no time!!
plushDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 05:08 PM   #30
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
4 10's, ouch. Had a friend who had a system in with 4 10's in an old school mid 80's pontiac. The thing gave you a back massage while going anywhere.

I hope you don't start blowing out your windows. lol.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:17 PM   #31
Sp33dY
www.OZTOYOTA.com

Im runnin 2x12s in my echo at the moment .... EACH sub is being fed 380rms. :)

Old 05-22-2006, 07:46 PM   #32
silverRS

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Silver
yeah Gravy, listen to Plush he know's whats up. Im not needing 2 batteries I dont think, a cap is all I should need cause of the little power the Yaris puts out.
silverRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 11:00 PM   #33
plushDJ

The Yaris is supposed to be on the 'street beater team' for mass destruction (mdcaraudio.com lol free advertising ) for our area, that's why the setup is getting changed so much, we're trying to figure out the sickest system we can fit in such a mini. It went from two twelves, up to one 18, now it's finalized at four tens at 4000 watts peak. I just have to wait til about July for the subs to be finished. It's gonna be insane!! The company set a world record at 151 db with one 12 and well, with four tens it'll be a f'n trip!!!
Old 05-23-2006, 05:51 PM   #34
Sp33dY
www.OZTOYOTA.com

151 a world record? Im sure that no longer stands?

What company? What brand of gear are you putting in seeing as it'll be partially sponsored?
Old 05-23-2006, 09:32 PM   #35
plushDJ

My mistake, it was for 2 12's. To quote their forum:
"Well, here are the final results for MECA World Finals !!!!!!

AS1 151.0 on Saturday and 150.9 on Sunday. This was done with two 12'' Napalms and one Autotek 4000.1 amplifier with a 50 amp fuse running at two ohms....1st in the WORLD!!! [/color]

AS3 151.2 on Saturday and 150.7 on Sunday. This was done with two 15'' Sidewinders on a Autotek 4000.1 amplifier at two ohms.. 2nd in the WORLD !!

MR3 150.9 this is reality which is done at head level in the drivers seat. This was done with 2 12'' Napalms and one Autotek 4000.1 at two ohms. 2nd in the WORLD !!!!!

DB3 This is Drive By which is read with the car SIX FEET from the mic.. We hit a 129.8 and hit a 130.3 for finals !!!!!! That was done with four 12''Napalms with two Autotek 4000.1 amplifiers at two ohms per amp."
Yeah, the subs I'm using are from Mass Destruction ( 4 10" torpedo's). Those are all I'm getting sponsored for, the rest I already own (2 kicker kx800.2's, 1 Optima Yellowtop battery, Pioneer deck, stinger wire throughout, Kicker 6's in the front)