Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-11-2006, 10:58 AM   #1
Tankota
Prototype Tester

Drives: Yaris S-Sedan / FJ Cruiser
Diffrence in stock radios?

Other than looks, does anybody know what the diffrence in the stock radios are? Sedans without the power package get what looks like a standerd size DIN unit, while ones with the power package get a unit with a large LCD display and the buttons are intergrated into the dash face. Both are supposed to have MP3, external jack, etc.. But does one have more power, sound better? etc? or is it just looks. The power package one (which mine will have) looks like it would be a real pain to ever replace, you'd need a whole new dash piece to fit DIN and match the color..

Here's the standered:

And here's the one that comes with the power package:

Tankota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 11:10 AM   #2
johnnyfive

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
i also have the Integrated sterio..and as far as i know it is exactly the same functionally..and all you need is one trim piece from the dealer to peplace it..
the piece that is above the environmental control nobs, and goes around the top of the center vents..
and the large LCD screen really lacks alot of potential functionality...
johnnyfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 07:10 PM   #3
PSU Yaris

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan S
FINALLY!!! someone said somethin bout that radio. i have the one thats all silver with the lcd screen. i have two 12 inch subs in the box and amp ready to go, but i have no idea if i can even hook it up to the stock radio. I'd like to change out the radio to get more power but it looks so nice, since it matches the silver background with the a/c controls.

the radio has this thing called ASL (i forgot what it stands for), but it automatically turns the music down when u slow down, and turns it up when you speed up. you can adjust how much it controls the volume or even turn it off. also the radio can read mp3 cd's and does text across the screen.
PSU Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 07:32 PM   #4
eight_heads

Drives: '07 Yaris Liftback
there are kits to add rca jacks to a stock radio... you'll have to search on google or something, but most stereo shops should carry them for around $20 or so

'07 Yaris Liftback
-Red 5spd w/convenience
eight_heads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 11:34 PM   #5
mikeukrainetz

Drives: 2006 Toyota Yaris
I was going to use a line output convertor to use my stock deck and subs but replaced the H/U instead. I still have the convertor in its package, never used it. Its a Stinger Peripheral adjustable 4 channel (Im pretty sure). If your interested and I can find it 25 plus shipping - the unit retails here for 85 CAN. at Visions and Futureshop.

Check it out here

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pro...60&catid=10909
mikeukrainetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 12:43 AM   #6
johnnyfive

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Yaris
I'd like to change out the radio to get more power but it looks so nice, since it matches the silver background with the a/c controls.
the new pioneer deck as seen here matches the gauge faces in the sedan, not sure if you have same faces in the hatches or not..but the deck is sort of brushed silver like my gauges, and has the exact same white backlight as the spedo, and tach.

Quote:
the radio has this thing called ASL (i forgot what it stands for), but it automatically turns the music down when u slow down, and turns it up when you speed up. you can adjust how much it controls the volume or even turn it off.
thats what that asl is :) had that on my old JVC Kamelian HU, not sure what they called it
johnnyfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 03:53 PM   #7
mikeukrainetz

Drives: 2006 Toyota Yaris
Automatic Sound Level
mikeukrainetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 02:57 PM   #8
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
I agree on the lack of function with the head unit on the Power Pack, but I still love it (other than the retro green color ) I am thinking that I am going to pick up an amp for the 4 speakers and use a converter....only trouble is how I am going to tie in my 10200 SAS....i haven't messed with ohm loads in a while...can I use the positive from one rear and then the negative from the other to tie in my SAS?

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote