Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2015, 02:54 PM   #1
HighVelocity
 
HighVelocity's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Yaris 3D A4
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Rockford, IL
Posts: 5
No 2016 Yaris??

I'm trying to find a 2015 LE but I'm not having any luck, I can only find 1 or 2 L's. What is most concerning is that 2 different dealers have told me there will be no 2016 in the US, they are being told to sell the Scion iA. Anyone know anything?

My 2008 is still running fine with 278,200 miles, it has made 22 round trips from Rockford, IL to Chandler, AZ. It has averaged about 40,000 miles per year and 32.2 MPG. If I can't find a new Yaris I'll most likely look to Subaru for my next ride.

Last edited by HighVelocity; 10-29-2015 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Additions
HighVelocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 03:07 PM   #2
Kalispel
 
Kalispel's Avatar
 
Drives: '15 Yaris SE 5MT
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Arizona (USA)
Posts: 1,058
It wouldn't surprise me if that is what Toyota decided to do at the last moment. The Yaris receives zero love/respect in the American market, despite being a "bulletproof", fun-to-drive little car. I LOVE my 2015 SE.

This was the last information supplied by Toyota that I saw regarding the 2016 Yaris:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55238

http://toyotanews.pressroom.toyota.c...duct+specs.htm

Perhaps Toyota will just introduce the "new" 2017 "Yaris" as the Scion iA hatchback here in the USA, and retire the Yaris name here, considering that it will be nothing but a rebadged 2016 Mazda2 Hatchback (which wasn't released in the USA/Canada by Mazda, in either sedan or hatchback form). Sounds probable, considering that the new 2016 Scion iA / Mazda 2 Sedan in Canada is called the Yaris Sedan.

-

Last edited by Kalispel; 10-29-2015 at 07:06 PM.
Kalispel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 02:11 AM   #3
BLKHILLSGUY
 
Drives: 2011 3dr LB Polar White
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Black Hills of South Dakota
Posts: 344
I don't believe the dealers know what they are saying. I've heard from multiple sources that 16 will be the last year in the US as completely Toyota made. They are even offering two versions in white or red with two tone black upper colors.
BLKHILLSGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 02:52 PM   #4
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal
 
Thirty-Nine's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 3,144
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKHILLSGUY View Post
I don't believe the dealers know what they are saying. I've heard from multiple sources that 16 will be the last year in the US as completely Toyota made. They are even offering two versions in white or red with two tone black upper colors.
Agreed. There will be a 2016 Yaris, and Toyota has confirmed it. However, you may be in between times where the dealers haven't received the '16s yet. They're likely telling you this so they can get you into a car ASAP.

FYI, some of our local dealers don't even list the Yaris as car you can buy from them. This is likely because they make hardly any money off of them.

http://www.toyotaofgladstone.com/gladstone-new-cars
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 11:23 AM   #5
Kar98
 
Drives: 2011 Scion tC
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: DFW
Posts: 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalispel View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if that is what Toyota decided to do at the last moment. The Yaris receives zero love/respect in the American market, despite being a "bulletproof", fun-to-drive little car..

-
Imagine that, a car that doesn't get advertised at all, doesn't get stocked at dealers and you can only buy a one size fits all version doesn't sell well?
Kar98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 06:15 PM   #6
OtownYaris
 
OtownYaris's Avatar
 
Drives: Meteorite Yaris Liftback
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Apopka, FL
Posts: 48
Send a message via AIM to OtownYaris Send a message via Yahoo to OtownYaris
I noticed in Puerto Rico and Canada they rebadged the 2016 Scion iA (which is essentially a Mazda 2) as a 2016 Yaris. It's a great car, but it's not a hatch. Being that the US market got the Scion iA, I'm guessing the Yaris is going bye bye in the US.
OtownYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 12:27 AM   #7
BLKHILLSGUY
 
Drives: 2011 3dr LB Polar White
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Black Hills of South Dakota
Posts: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtownYaris View Post
I noticed in Puerto Rico and Canada they rebadged the 2016 Scion iA (which is essentially a Mazda 2) as a 2016 Yaris. It's a great car, but it's not a hatch. Being that the US market got the Scion iA, I'm guessing the Yaris is going bye bye in the US.
Yes, likely in 17. So glad I got my 15 Yaris SE when I did.
BLKHILLSGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 09:17 PM   #8
Hi mpg
 
Drives: 2010 3dr Yaris
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Rockford, IL
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighVelocity View Post
I'm trying to find a 2015 LE but I'm not having any luck, I can only find 1 or 2 L's. What is most concerning is that 2 different dealers have told me there will be no 2016 in the US, they are being told to sell the Scion iA. Anyone know anything?

My 2008 is still running fine with 278,200 miles, it has made 22 round trips from Rockford, IL to Chandler, AZ. It has averaged about 40,000 miles per year and 32.2 MPG. If I can't find a new Yaris I'll most likely look to Subaru for my next ride.
Hello fellow Rockford resident, I have over 235K on my 2010 and was thinking about getting the 2016 two tone SE. They will be making them as one person on here already ordered one.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55484

Was it the local dealer that told you this? I purchased mine in Schaumburg as the local guys wouldn't budge much on price.
Hi mpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 07:44 PM   #9
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal
 
Thirty-Nine's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 3,144
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
I'm beginning to get a bit curious about this. The Toyota site in the U.S. still shows no '16 Yaris. (For what it's worth, there is also no '16 Sienna, Prius, or RAV4.

Oddly, the Canadian Toyota site does show the '16 Yaris hatchback. Hmm ... I wonder what the delay is?
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 08:51 PM   #10
ern-diz
 
ern-diz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Liftback
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: CA all day
Posts: 3,786
Hurray for our Yaris' becoming instant classics and more rare which automatically makes them more valuable!

Amirite!

Guys?...

ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 09:13 PM   #11
kimona
Super Moderator
 
kimona's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Huntington Bch, CA
Posts: 4,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty-Nine View Post
I'm beginning to get a bit curious about this. The Toyota site in the U.S. still shows no '16 Yaris. (For what it's worth, there is also no '16 Sienna, Prius, or RAV4.

Oddly, the Canadian Toyota site does show the '16 Yaris hatchback. Hmm ... I wonder what the delay is?
Yes, Toyota Canada sells the 2016 Yaris hatchback and it's virtually unchanged from the 2015 model.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 09:17 AM   #12
Kar98
 
Drives: 2011 Scion tC
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: DFW
Posts: 651
Got a Toyota flyer in the mail yesterday. Blah blah great deals on these models! No Yaris in the line-up.
Kar98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 05:48 PM   #13
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal
 
Thirty-Nine's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 3,144
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
Well, for what it's worth, I'm checking with Toyota's PR department about it. We'll see what they say.
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 12:36 PM   #14
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal
 
Thirty-Nine's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 3,144
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
And it's official: The 2016 Toyota Yaris is alive.

http://www.toyota.com/yaris
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 12:43 PM   #15
Kar98
 
Drives: 2011 Scion tC
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: DFW
Posts: 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirty-Nine View Post
And it's official: The 2016 Toyota Yaris is alive.

http://www.toyota.com/yaris
Wow, really?



Kar98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 05:33 PM   #16
ern-diz
 
ern-diz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Liftback
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: CA all day
Posts: 3,786
Interesting that when you build an SE on that link, although it says auto or manual, manual isn't an available option when you get to that point in the wizard. Also, there aren't any "packages" and they're supposedly already out of the red/blue colors?

Is everyone seeing that, or is it redirecting to what my local dealer has available?
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 08:12 PM   #17
YarTed
 
Drives: 2015 Yaris 5Dr
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: MapleRidge B.C
Posts: 58
In Canada you can choose an SE with a 5spd MTM trans, it can be white ,grey, black, red , blue or the new 2 tone white & black. So am thinking is a web problem ?
YarTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 08:18 PM   #18
Kar98
 
Drives: 2011 Scion tC
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: DFW
Posts: 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
Interesting that when you build an SE on that link, although it says auto or manual, manual isn't an available option when you get to that point in the wizard. Also, there aren't any "packages" and they're supposedly already out of the red/blue colors?

Is everyone seeing that, or is it redirecting to what my local dealer has available?
Again, try a different ZIP code. 90210, 80209, 10001 (Beverly Hills, Denver, Manhattan).
Kar98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DIY Cruise Control FAQ (2006-2010 Yaris) CTScott DIY / Maintenance / Service 467 10-18-2022 11:20 AM
Natural Gas Yaris MadMax General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 13 06-03-2017 07:10 AM
Vacationed in Italy - Brought home a D4D diesel Yaris CTScott Photo-Video-Media Gallery 19 07-26-2012 04:13 AM
NEWS: TOYOTA REVEALS ALL-NEW YARIS SEDAN AT 2006 LOS ANGELES AUTO SHOW VitzBoy General Yaris / Vitz Discussion 5 09-05-2010 09:53 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:21 AM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.