Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-2013, 10:07 PM   #37
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyDawg View Post
Office Depot sells the clear 3M Dual Lock strips if you need more for under $3. My initial install wore off the adhesive since I didn't apply it long enough and I remove the Ecometer from the dash on a regular basis. In my opinion, the included 3M Dual Lock works better than velcro. It "snaps" into place and looks more durable.
^^^^^ This. They are fantastic. I have been using them for at least 10 years. When you do apply enough pressure for a long enough period of time, the mount is rock solid for years on end. I currently have one strip on each side (driver and passenger) not too far from the lower corner of each side of the windshield. These were two previous locations for the little square antennae head for my XM radio (when I had that hooked up). I left the 'dash side of the lock' in place on each side to occasionally use with other accessories. I've found it is best to make sure any aftermarket protectant has been removed from the mounting location prior to mounting. I've always purchased these at Radio Shack for less than the amount you stated, but now I can't find them on the Radio Shack website. Good to know that Office Depot has them.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote