Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site
 

 


 
Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack
 

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2007, 08:20 AM   #19
Violin
 
Violin's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,597
OK it's on. A few pictures:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg partnumber.jpg (81.7 KB, 495 views)
File Type: jpg left.jpg (64.4 KB, 491 views)
File Type: jpg right.jpg (71.2 KB, 492 views)
File Type: jpg merged (Medium).jpg (39.2 KB, 492 views)
Violin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 08:23 AM   #20
Violin
 
Violin's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,597
BTW -this is on my liftback - same part #.
Violin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 11:39 AM   #21
BokChoi
Mada Mada Dane...
 
BokChoi's Avatar
 
Drives: Toyota Yaris LB
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sophia, WV
Posts: 197
awesome, easy install?
__________________
My Car
My Garage
BokChoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 12:53 PM   #22
Yaris TTE JWRC
 
Drives: 07 5spd red Yaris HB 1.5L 16V
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Surf City HBC ,CA
Posts: 265
A rear sway bar on a torsion beam rear suspension is really not doing anything, because the torsion beam rear suspension is already bulided in one piece, what the torsion beam rear suspension need is a rear sturt bar that goes on top of both rear shocks in the back cabin to really help to reduce body roll, just like what the front sturt bar does and goes under the hood.
Yaris TTE JWRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 01:03 PM   #23
hystria
 
hystria's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Orange Yaris Hb 3Drs
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montreal-Canada
Posts: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violin View Post
BTW -this is on my liftback - same part #.
it looks so nice how does it change the handling ?
hystria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 02:26 PM   #24
Violin
 
Violin's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,597
It took maybe 1/2 hour altogether because you have to put the car up on stands and remove the rear wheels. Other than that, it was a straightforward bolt on. 14mm wrenches on the shock bolts, 15mm on the new hardware.

It does tighten up the rear and reduces body roll, especially under power. I'm looking forward to getting it out on a nice twisty road.
Violin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 03:28 PM   #25
hystria
 
hystria's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Orange Yaris Hb 3Drs
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montreal-Canada
Posts: 262
cool! and does the steering feel any different ? maybe more precise ?
hystria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:20 AM   #26
Violin
 
Violin's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,597
It just feels a little different - it takes a little more pressure on the wheel through the turn - like the front wheels want to snap back straight a little more.
Violin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:50 AM   #27
hystria
 
hystria's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Orange Yaris Hb 3Drs
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Montreal-Canada
Posts: 262
probably my next mod too
hystria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:21 PM   #28
redglare45
 
redglare45's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Sedan - 5 Speed Manual
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Pomona / Pasadena, California
Posts: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violin View Post
It took maybe 1/2 hour altogether because you have to put the car up on stands and remove the rear wheels. Other than that, it was a straightforward bolt on. 14mm wrenches on the shock bolts, 15mm on the new hardware.

It does tighten up the rear and reduces body roll, especially under power. I'm looking forward to getting it out on a nice twisty road.
Nice pics Violin . Yeah, I definitely noticed a the rear end being tighter and sure do feel a difference. Now it's time for a strut bar.

Last edited by redglare45; 02-05-2007 at 01:33 PM.
redglare45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 01:29 PM   #29
largeorangefont
Break'em off some.
 
largeorangefont's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 Yaris LB, 04 Cobra
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: So Cal, OC
Posts: 854
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris TTE JWRC View Post
A rear sway bar on a torsion beam rear suspension is really not doing anything, because the torsion beam rear suspension is already bulided in one piece, what the torsion beam rear suspension need is a rear sturt bar that goes on top of both rear shocks in the back cabin to really help to reduce body roll, just like what the front sturt bar does and goes under the hood.

That is 100% wrong.

Strut bars do not decrease body roll, they decrease chassis flex. Also, you don't understand the difference between a strut and a shock. A strut is a load bearing member of the suspension. If you remove it the car will not be able to sit on its wheels. A shock is non load bearing, and if you removed it alone, the car would still sit on its wheels.

The very essence of a torsion beam suspension is based on lateral flex. Anything you put on the beam (a swaybar) to reduce the flex of the arms will decrease body roll. Actually, This type of suspension responds BETTER to a sway bar than other types because the bar is bolted directly to the arms, no endlinks, no bushings, nothing to dampen the bar.

Hope this helps.

Ashley

Last edited by largeorangefont; 02-05-2007 at 01:40 PM.
largeorangefont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:28 PM   #30
Chris07LB
Super Moderator
 
Chris07LB's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris Liftback
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,177
I knew Ashley would school that responce with some very helpful answers.
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 03:56 PM   #31
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal
 
Thirty-Nine's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 3,138
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
Just for reference's sake, I have a Progress rear bar on my xB and it DOES make a difference.
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 04:44 PM   #32
Yaris TTE JWRC
 
Drives: 07 5spd red Yaris HB 1.5L 16V
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Surf City HBC ,CA
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by largeorangefont View Post
That is 100% wrong.

Strut bars do not decrease body roll, they decrease chassis flex. Also, you don't understand the difference between a strut and a shock. A strut is a load bearing member of the suspension. If you remove it the car will not be able to sit on its wheels. A shock is non load bearing, and if you removed it alone, the car would still sit on its wheels.

The very essence of a torsion beam suspension is based on lateral flex. Anything you put on the beam (a swaybar) to reduce the flex of the arms will decrease body roll. Actually, This type of suspension responds BETTER to a sway bar than other types because the bar is bolted directly to the arms, no endlinks, no bushings, nothing to dampen the bar.

Hope this helps.

Ashley

what ever you say, i had the TRD rear sway bar on my old echo, and i didnt feel sh!t, maybe you think it does make a difference because you paid big bucks for it, and it's all in your head, bottom line is, i did not feel any difference it made and im not going to lie about it to make myself happy just because i pay the bucks for it, enjoy your rear sway bar.
Yaris TTE JWRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 04:47 PM   #33
ChinoCharles
Banned
 
Drives: LB
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: OH
Posts: 7,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris TTE JWRC View Post
what ever you say, i had the TRD rear sway bar on my old echo, and i didnt feel sh!t, maybe you think it does make a difference because you paid big bucks for it, and it's all in your head, bottom line is, i did not feel any difference it made and im not going to lie about it to make myself happy just because i pay the bucks for it, enjoy your rear sway bar.

ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 04:49 PM   #34
Yaris TTE JWRC
 
Drives: 07 5spd red Yaris HB 1.5L 16V
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Surf City HBC ,CA
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
Yaris TTE JWRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 05:04 PM   #35
Go4th
 
Go4th's Avatar
 
Drives: Yaris S Sedan color Flint Mica
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Country: USA, State: Georgia, City: Hampton
Posts: 284
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris TTE JWRC View Post
enjoy your rear sway bar.
Go4th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 05:04 PM   #36
Yaris TTE JWRC
 
Drives: 07 5spd red Yaris HB 1.5L 16V
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Surf City HBC ,CA
Posts: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go4th View Post
Yaris TTE JWRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale: Lexus GS Parts - L-Tuned Body Kit, TRD Strut Tower bar, 18"StaggeredWheels. TRD_Yaris Items for Sale by private party 6 05-06-2010 06:43 PM
Progress 22mm Rear Sway Bar PRE-ORDER SPECIAL 03Z33 Items for Sale by private party 85 04-13-2007 11:48 AM
Sway Bar! dngz Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack 55 01-12-2007 03:31 AM
sway bar Lowfront Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack 12 10-18-2006 08:51 PM
Sway bar chrisada_to2a Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack 13 09-05-2006 07:34 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:35 PM.




YarisWorld
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.