Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-07-2011, 01:12 AM   #1
MGargano

Drives: 2009 Yaris Hatchback
Advice on Blitz S/C

The Blitz S/C I bought from YarisDarkness should be here on Friday and I'm really hoping to tackle the install this weekend, but I want to make sure I have everything I need on-hand to make it go as smoothly as possible without having to borrow another car to make multiple trips to the auto parts store in the middle of the install.

From searching and reading other install threads, it looks like I'll need a longer vacuum line, NGK iridium plugs, higher octane gas, lots of patience, and eventually one of those sweet MI engine covers once all is said and done.

I was also wondering if there's anything else I should be doing mod-wise, while I'm already this far? I already have an NST lite pulley set, but would a 10% underdrive be better with the S/C setup? I have an AFE intake and Megan header & axle-back with a custom mid-pipe and I've already tried the 1ZZ TB twice with no success, but would this be a good time to give it another shot? I was also thinking 1ZZ injectors, but it seems some are running too rich already with the S/C, so I assume they're not needed?

If there's anyone out out there with any advice, tips, tricks, or something else to add to my shopping list, I'd really appreciate it.
MGargano is offline   Reply With Quote