Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-28-2012, 11:47 PM   #1
clarenceie

Drives: Yaris Sedan
Swaybar bushings

Has anyone lubricated their front sway bar bushings yet? Mine are making these squeaking sound going over speed bumps. Anyways, what's the best way to get to them? They seem to be a bit of pain to get to.
clarenceie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:48 PM   #2
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Just checking, are you sure it's the swaybar bushings?
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:31 AM   #3
clarenceie

I feel that they are. I've had this same issues with 2 of my other cars before. I've since lube them with silicone grease and they have fix them. It's worth a shot for me...

It's not a constant squeaking of even that loud. But it is something that is annoying... Anyone done with before???
Old 05-29-2012, 11:21 AM   #4
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

You should be able to get to the bushings and lube them without having to remove much. I'll look under my car today and check.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:16 PM   #5
TOLMACH

Drives: soarer
+1 have the same issue (discovered yesterday).. in my case though there is a sound as if I need to replace one of the links (pretty bad sound)
TOLMACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:48 PM   #6
clarenceie

Awesome, thanks cali yaris, let me know what your findings are. From the looks of it, I might have to remove the tie rod ends from the steering knuckle to gain more access.
Old 05-30-2012, 12:29 PM   #7
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Wow, those bushings are up IN there. You'd have to drop the sub-frame to get to them.

You might try disconnecting your front sway bar from the tie rod ends, leave it hanging (zip ties or similar so it doesn't hit the ground), and see if your noise goes away.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:35 AM   #8
clarenceie

I know right! Definitely not dropping the subframe. I'll try my best to get to them...

Hmmm that is a good way to check. Good idea.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:30 PM   #9
Lafiro

Drives: 06 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to Lafiro
Does this sound like a sqeaking sound going over bumps, especially when slowing down? I have been having this issue for 2 years now and no one can figure it out. I thought it was the shocks last year, since they were worn, and replaced them all - that didn't change a thing.
Lafiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:32 AM   #10
wrs
I've made a post!

Drives: 2010 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarenceie View Post
I feel that they are. I've had this same issues with 2 of my other cars before. I've since lube them with silicone grease and they have fix them. It's worth a shot for me...

It's not a constant squeaking of even that loud. But it is something that is annoying... Anyone done with before???
Were you able to fix it by lubing swaybar bushings? I have the same problem. Dealership lubed them for me for free but i still hear this sound. Not sure if that fixed the problem but it seems its not as loud as it was used too. I still hear this sound going over bumps yet though.
wrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:32 AM   #11
clarenceie

I left it alone. It seems to be a weather deal. Once it heats up, it went away.

Might want to check the bushings in the suspension arm. I noticed that they were cracked.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:04 PM   #12
dragoonmc

Drives: 07 hatchback
I had a squeak in my front suspension and just sprayed some silicone lube onto the front arm bushings and it stopped so you may try that
dragoonmc is offline   Reply With Quote