Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2009, 04:16 PM   #1
orangepeels

Drives: 2008 3 door LB
Getting used to driving small cars...

Getting used to driving a small economy car was the weirdest thing in the world. I used to drive a Ford Ranger with an offroad stance/suspension/tires and RWD.

Switching from the truck to the car was quite the experience...
1. FWD and skinny tires make for quite the experience on the highway (getting used to it).
2. Low profile cars and speed bumps suck.
3. Turning into a parking lot that has a curb that is angled up at a fast speed makes for scary scraping sounds on your bumper.
4. Bumpy dirt roads, cobble stone roads, anything bumpy makes me feel like im befouling the car when driving over them =(

Ive been driving the car for a month. Despite the things that i dont like (listed above), im very happy with the car...
1. I have never had a real backseat for people to sit comfortably.
2. I have also never achieved over 25 mpg in my truck (25 is strictly highway, 13-15 city avg in the truck)...
-getting 35 city/highway mixed with the car.
3. I have never been able to weave in and out of traffic so well with my truck (thats not to say im driving recklessly)
4. Stick shift is cool.

Thanks yaris world for helping me decide to get this car!
orangepeels is offline   Reply With Quote