Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 10:51 AM   #55
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
BTW that is not a GTA, and what is there to restore in that car?
Old 05-27-2011, 11:52 AM   #56
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpmanYaris View Post
lol how do u expect me to believe you have skills in restoring and knowledge when you ask how to do things on the forums about a simple ol car like a Yaris come on Antonio you are lying to ur self not the members
+1

Yeah, you gotta wonder where the truth lies based on some posts pulled from his bumper issue thread.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Yaris View Post
bondo body filler will work
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Kevin. View Post
What is this you speak of and how will the results be? Also where can I acquire this?

Thanks for your help man
Old 05-27-2011, 12:47 PM   #57
redglare45

Drives: 07 Sedan - 5 Speed Manual
Hold on guys. Ok....GO!

Old 05-27-2011, 05:33 PM   #58
contraband831
El Huevo

Drives: 2007 Liftback
it took u guys forever to call bullshit haha!!!

Old 05-27-2011, 07:17 PM   #59
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by contraband831 View Post
Why do you think I didn't post to much here trying to say what to do in giving advise if he really wanted to give rid of it his dad would have done so I bet my left nut that mustang is daddys car
Old 05-27-2011, 08:42 PM   #60
OTA'sTOY
DAT'S RIGHT I GOTz 2

Drives: '10 5dr
^ +1

Old 05-27-2011, 08:43 PM   #61
OTA'sTOY
DAT'S RIGHT I GOTz 2

Drives: '10 5dr
thats what happens when your young, never know what you what

lmao

Old 05-27-2011, 08:52 PM   #62
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
ohh to be that young again...
Old 05-28-2011, 12:59 AM   #63
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad

Drives: 2010 1E7 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Send a message via MSN to .Kevin.
Restoring a vehicle as in.

New body panels, repainting not actually fixing a hole etc.

PS- It is a GTA, has verification and the emblems and options of the GTA.

I'm not a pro at it, my dad is he collected camaros as I've stated before and the mustang was my introduction to cars that I 'helped' him with. He is more technical while I helped restore it in ways I could he would tell me where to put things etc what to build it wasn't so much technical.

Also, you realize a mustang from 1967 is METAL. Not plastic right?
And older car is beyond easier than the cars now a days if you knew anything about their internals etc.

Do you honestly think, in 2060 that 2010 mustangs will be driving around as classics? hahahaha what a joke.

Even if my dad did buy it to get me involved with him, then hand it to me.

did your dad never give you anything Yarisman? ;) before you whine about my income aswell if it makes you sleep better at night my dad also got me my job that pays what it does so you can nag about that too.

--

EDIT:

The place would lower the firebird from 7,900$ to 6,000$

It needed TLC, had a rust hole on the rear right fender, needed new paint it was peeling, dent on the front left quarter panel, suspension needed work, brakes sounded like they needed to be replaced, and it sounded like there was a hole I believe in the exhaust somewhere.

Offered 2,000$ cash my dad came with me as my 'mechanic'. They said no, then down the street they had a mint LOOKING, formula firebird with new paint for 6500$

Didn't really look as the dealer was closed. So the search continues!
Old 05-28-2011, 01:05 AM   #64
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

No, kid he didn't but my grandpa did 91 Mitsubishi mirage which I later (when I was ur age) modded the fuck out of it including T02 and nitrous kit and no I didn't install it my self I had it done at a shop it's the only answer I am gonna give u to ur irrelevant questions if you must know
Old 05-28-2011, 02:00 AM   #65
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpmanYaris View Post
No, kid he didn't but my grandpa did 91 Mitsubishi mirage which I later (when I was ur age) modded the fuck out of it including T02 and nitrous kit and no I didn't install it my self I had it done at a shop it's the only answer I am gonna give u to ur irrelevant questions if you must know
Ha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar Is Word View Post
2012 Mustang 305 horsepower V6 $22,310 USD MSRP
31 mpg HWY
http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/
Blaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaen Neoooowwww
Btw the new engines for the mustangs are holy shi.

But not for me I'd probably ram that thing into a post.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:00 AM   #66
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Unsubscribed
Thread status:Full of Shit
Old 05-28-2011, 08:14 PM   #67
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

I am sorry bro but you know it's truth I could care less what he does to the car but it's just funny on how people want to try and fool others on a forum that is always giving answers to questions on how to do things

Like I said to my wife, I am sure he wants to get rid of the car because of friends thinking the car is for girls and is slow so he wants to get something maybe fast or better looking just to get friends aproval, it's kinda hard when the car is not his, perhaps dad? Who knows. anthonio brother aclara esto si no Es tuyo no Es tuyo papa
Typical teenager
Old 05-28-2011, 11:21 PM   #68
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad

I have pictures of me with it at the dealer ship and when I sat in it at 12 kms. I'm 17 so it cannot be in my name. Why would it be so important for me to prove it to you that the Yaris is mine? I have all the sets of keys last time I checked.

Lol when you think I care what you think so you get mad and keep instigating.

If you lived where I do, we dont see vehicles on DUBS or all that junk, everyone here has a muscle car from good condition to shitty. It's almost like riced cars in LA.

Enough of the hate from you get out of the thread. Or close it. When I do buy my second car sometime this month if they pull anything nice I will post it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1284920485987.jpg (109.1 KB, 41 views)

Last edited by .Kevin.; 05-29-2011 at 01:17 AM.
Old 05-29-2011, 09:18 AM   #69
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

So mods can close thank god enough of the BS
Old 05-29-2011, 01:30 PM   #70
BEEF

Drives: 2008 yaris 3d
YES!!!!!!!!

this seems to have become a bit of a pissing match (now we are all wet....and stink)
Old 05-29-2011, 04:49 PM   #71
SAV912
Pirate Yaaaaris

Drives: '00 Toyota Celica GTS 6MT
Send a message via AIM to SAV912
Quote:
Originally Posted by contraband831 View Post
I'm sayin'! My eyebrow has been up near my hairline for quite a while reading some of these posts.

$4800 CDN a month at 17 is a phenomenal amount of money. I don't make that now and I'm a few steps from a degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences. Almost $60K a year while in high school? Looks like I'm in the wrong country.

On topic:
1. A base Yaris Sedan costs $20K up there? That's a f-ing rip.
2. It's a terrible idea to lump up the sums of two cars and only get one in return. You'd be essentially driving around in a $48,000 Civic. A CIVIC. Granted, the Si is one of my favorite smaller cars, but that's a ridiculous amount of money for one, Canadian or not.

My opinion; double or even triple up your payments on the Yaris if you have so many oodles of cash floating around after your monthly bills. Stop modifying it and just get it looking straight and pay the sucker off ASAP. Then you don't have to wait four years to trade up to something you actually want, and you won't be essentially paying for two cars and getting only one in return. I have the sneaking suspicion you've been told this many times over already, though. On here and probably at home by Father-May-I. It is seeming more and more like a case of you just not wanting to stare the honest simple truth in the face.

-C

'09 Yaris LB 5MT Sold.
Old 05-29-2011, 05:37 PM   #72
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAV912 View Post
I'm sayin'! My eyebrow has been up near my hairline for quite a while reading some of these posts.

$4800 CDN a month at 17 is a phenomenal amount of money. I don't make that now and I'm a few steps from a degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences. Almost $60K a year while in high school? Looks like I'm in the wrong country.

On topic:
1. A base Yaris Sedan costs $20K up there? That's a f-ing rip.
2. It's a terrible idea to lump up the sums of two cars and only get one in return. You'd be essentially driving around in a $48,000 Civic. A CIVIC. Granted, the Si is one of my favorite smaller cars, but that's a ridiculous amount of money for one, Canadian or not.

My opinion; double or even triple up your payments on the Yaris if you have so many oodles of cash floating around after your monthly bills. Stop modifying it and just get it looking straight and pay the sucker off ASAP. Then you don't have to wait four years to trade up to something you actually want, and you won't be essentially paying for two cars and getting only one in return. I have the sneaking suspicion you've been told this many times over already, though. On here and probably at home by Father-May-I. It is seeming more and more like a case of you just not wanting to stare the honest simple truth in the face.

-C
Only thing you should be raising eyebrows are is the facts.

Prince George BC- Where I live

1. Biggest exporter of Lumber in BC and possibly CANADA (Sawmills)
2. Pollution Mills as we call them also MASS here
3. Forestry
4. Construction

ALL these jobs require you to have grade 12 at most, and unlike most towns WELDING is popular here and you need grade. 10 equivalency.

All these jobs start at ATLEAST 20 dollars here, all you need is connections and as I said my dad got me my job. He isn't my boss but he got my Job an makes sure that I get my ass whipped. So I work hard to get what I do.

Downfall is if any sawmills close etc (Which HAS happened to THREE) is people lose their jobs and with no education they go to shitty jobs.

All that degree you paid 60k for is a piece of paper that makes getting a job easier, and in a way guarantees you. As my dad always said- you don't need to go to college to become wealthy, it just makes things easier.

SO unless you are a Lawyer, Doctor, Architect, Certain engineer, Scientist. You're not special.

Yaris are like 14k sticker price here. I financed it because I didn't have my job at the time. It was 20,430 or so after taxes I have all the papers in a folder somewhere. Financing is always a rip off unless you pay it quicker or it is more efficient in your own way. I look at it as Leasing to own as it is better to finance than to lease. Also more and more people are beginning to finance through the years which explains the immense amount of increase in Financing 'deals'.

If it matters, I've worked where I do 10 months now. Calculate

2400$ Bi-Weekly for 10 months = just under 60 grand Canadian.

I don't want a civic it was just an example if I was calculating correctly.

I also have 4 grand sitting waiting for a project car to pop up on craigslist or kijiji so I can buy it and keep the yaris as a winter car as I stated already.

I'm amazed at how clueless people are and ignorant. Maybe you live in the wrong country? Lol, location is everything like in comparison in Canada Alberta you can go work in the oil industry there with grade 12 and be making 40 dollars an hour it is HUGE for that.

You can close the thread PK. This is sad.

EDIT:

We also have CN Rail which is a huge train branch and it has a main location here in Prince George, it pays atleast 25$ if they put you in direct work with trains.

Pharmacist here gets 65 dollars an hour atleast, my friend gets that working at shoppers drug mart.

65 x 8 (days work) = 520$

520 x 5 = 2600$ In a week, which is what I make in two.

Obviously Pharmacy pays more than what I do, and it is a guaranteed job almost since you have a paper for it.

My job is average in my eyes, but in some cases not saying anyone here directly.

"If you set your standards low in life - it is impossible to fail" - Anonymous.

P.S- I'm done highschool, finished a year early. I would have been done this year.