Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Items for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

View Poll Results: Would you buy one?
No 5 5.10%
Yes (for $75) 46 46.94%
Yes (but it would have to be less than $75) 7 7.14%
Yes (but I still want it to also display the time) 40 40.82%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-10-2009, 03:07 PM   #109
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjesus View Post
Neat info on that graph!
Keep it going, CT.
I need to add a software interface for grabbing GPS data from my little USB GPS, then I could plot fuel economy vs location and change in altitude. That would let the hypermilers optimize their routes.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 03:09 PM   #110
POORSHA

Drives: 2008 LB
This is coooool, How many atations will it get so I can cancel my cable?
POORSHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 03:20 PM   #111
enobmort42
First time DIYer

Drives: '07 LB Polar White
Send a message via AIM to enobmort42
this is pretty cool. following!
Old 11-10-2009, 03:23 PM   #112
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
I need to add a software interface for grabbing GPS data from my little USB GPS, then I could plot fuel economy vs location and change in altitude. That would let the hypermilers optimize their routes.
There's already an open-source approach to this that you may be interested in checking out:
http://icculus.org/obdgpslogger/
Old 11-10-2009, 04:07 PM   #113
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk-421 View Post
There's already an open-source approach to this that you may be interested in checking out:
http://icculus.org/obdgpslogger/
That's awesome. I might have to use that.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:21 PM   #114
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
I've had a few chats with the developer (chunkyks), who is very approachable:
http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/obdii-gps-logger/
Old 11-15-2009, 10:22 PM   #115
Stoln

Drives: 2007 5 Door Hatch
What about getting the guts to make the canadian cars right side cluster work like it says it should, it has temp, avg miles per gallon, etc. They are hard to see but if you look at it in the right light you see they are there just not working. European modeles have atleast the temp. working, maybe a sacrifice for us Canadian HB owners. I would love a outside Temp. I have been trying to find a way to get the cluster to work like this for a while and have had no luck. Damb those European cars, get all the fun stuff and we have to duplicate it here......lol.
Stoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 10:43 PM   #116
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoln View Post
What about getting the guts to make the canadian cars right side cluster work like it says it should, it has temp, avg miles per gallon, etc. They are hard to see but if you look at it in the right light you see they are there just not working. European modeles have atleast the temp. working, maybe a sacrifice for us Canadian HB owners. I would love a outside Temp. I have been trying to find a way to get the cluster to work like this for a while and have had no luck. Damb those European cars, get all the fun stuff and we have to duplicate it here......lol.
Does the Canadian one have a separate display area for the clock, temp and MPG (like the European/Australian digital ones do), or is that part of the display with the gas gauge and odo?
Old 11-18-2009, 12:42 AM   #117
Ivory
Yaris Lover

Drives: 2008 White LB, AT
Yes! I will purchase. (Would also like to keep clock.) Thank you CTScott
Ivory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 08:15 AM   #118
metalshark
MetalShark

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
I'm developing a display kit for GadgetGangster.com. It will be a two board kit that sandwiches the Propeller micro-controller board. I only have one of the boards back from Expresspcb.com (see direct image link). I'm still designing the second board.http://i351.photobucket.com/albums/q.../PropDtach.jpg
Currently the analog display has 20 leds but for every four you take away you get one more digital readout. Give me a shout as to what functions you want on the second board and we will incorporate the correct chips. I'm still designing the custom display. Some of you saw my early BS2 prototype that was too expensive.
This version is based on the eight-core Parallax Propeller mP. I want to add an outside air temperature function to the second board. For those of you that require a centigrade readout that would be one more constant in software. The second board already has the digital speedometer driver on it. Correcting for different tire sizes would be a matter of adjusting a constant against your GPS unit. Again the difference between MPH an KPH is just a constant in software.
Absolutely red, Drawtite hitch, CAI, Insulated Header, Amsoil 5w-30, Mag-drain plug, Red-Line MT-90 tranny oil, Scotch-Guard, Window Tint, Dash rug, Custom short throw shifter, Lowered OEM arm rest, Super-Turbo muffler/w chrome slash cut tip., TRD rear sway bar, sticky pads, front shock tower bar, RS grill badge, VVT-i emblems, Second tire set from Tirerack.com, DISABLED DAY TIME RUNNING LIGHTS, platform- style locking custom bike rack. 86K miles so far. 5 years use now on ceramic wrapped insulated stainless-steel header.
metalshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 06:45 PM   #119
Ivory
Yaris Lover

Are these still in the works?

Happy Holidays!
Old 12-15-2009, 07:34 PM   #120
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory View Post
Are these still in the works?

Happy Holidays!
Yes. They won't be ready to go under your tree, but save your money for just after the new year. I am off for a couple of weeks starting next week, and that will give me the time I need to wrap it up. The complete proto will be going in my car next week, and the production proto will be going into Lewis' car, just after the holidays (he volunteered to be a beta tester).
Old 12-15-2009, 07:58 PM   #121
AlexNet0

Drives: '07 Yaris 3dr
Send a message via AIM to AlexNet0 Send a message via MSN to AlexNet0 Send a message via Yahoo to AlexNet0
^If you ever need another tester, let me know!
Old 12-15-2009, 08:10 PM   #122
Ivory
Yaris Lover

Thanks! Will be anxiously waiting!
Old 12-16-2009, 06:12 PM   #123
dean_park

Drives: 2011 VW Golf TDI
Is there a pre-order list? I would like to get on it if there is one.
dean_park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:05 PM   #124
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_park View Post
Is there a pre-order list? I would like to get on it if there is one.
I haven't built a list, but once I put them into production, I'll be able to build them up quickly to fill orders.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:00 AM   #125
hatchbackkid82

Drives: .
Sorry but i'm being a lazy ass right now, so this is a digital tachometer , does it do anything else?
hatchbackkid82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:01 AM   #126
hatchbackkid82

Drives: .
Nevermind

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
A while back there was a discussion about converting the clock on the cluster to a digital tach. I have been exploring this a bit more and am looking at creating a replacement module for the clock that would have an 8 character display and would allow you to switch between the following functions (using the same push button that is used currently to set the clock):

1. Tachometer (RPM 9999)

2. Diagnostic trouble code read/reset (DTC 9999) (If more than one code is present it would scroll between the stored codes). Holding the button for 5 seconds would clear the stored code(s).

3. Water Temp (WT 999F) or (WT 999C)

4. Battery Voltage (VOLT 99.9)

And, probably a few more. Maybe even MPG (instant and average), if I can figure out how to calculate those from the available data.

It would remember the last display choice and F or C for temp.

Installation would require popping the cluster out, removing the clock module (a separate chuck held to the back of the cluster with some tabs), disconnecting the clock connector, replacing the clock's circuit board with mine (pop a couple of tabs and remove two screws), reconnect the clock connector to my module, and tap four wires onto the other cables going to the cluster.

Target price would be $75. The question is at that price, would there be enough interest to make it worth my time?
hatchbackkid82 is offline   Reply With Quote