Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-03-2009, 07:23 PM   #1
Liu997

Drives: 2008 Red Yaris LB
Street Parking Damage

This got me so pissed off. I was tired so instead of parking inside my driveway and opening the gate I just parked it outside on the street. I wake up tomorrow morning to find this crap outside my car.
My questions are what should I do and where can I get paint that is a factory match & what color is Red for a 2008 Yaris.

Liu997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 07:50 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
3P0 - Absolutely Red

My favorite place to buy color matched paint from:
http://automotivetouchup.com/choosec...38&search.y=16
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:25 PM   #3
puetato89
Just call me Ray, better?

Drives: 08 Yaris
Send a message via AIM to puetato89
+1, btw is there is a sherwin williams automotive store around you and ask for ultra 7000 its a really good quality paint, and great at color matching

puetato89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 12:06 AM   #4
birdman

Drives: '08 Blazing Blue Yaris LB
Sometimes the marks can be polished off and if the paint hasn't cracked there are people who do "paintless dent repair" I was once tapped in the back by a Suburban that pushed my hatch in really bad. The paintless guy fixed it like new for under 100. Might be worth a try? The paint code is on the passenger door opening near the latch.
birdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 01:08 PM   #5
Liu997

I don't think I can just use touch up paint. Maybe it doesn't show in the picture but there are deep dents into the metal that I can't just push out. Ill try to take another picture later today.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:29 PM   #6
Lafiro

Drives: 06 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to Lafiro
Oh, so it was a hit and run, that really sucks, will have to take it to a body shop, have them hit it out, and bondo the rest flat, then repaint.

Either that or get a new door shell for a few $$$.

There can be other options, maybe?
Lafiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 05:46 PM   #7
nemelek
DWEED

Drives: 3DR 2008 Metorite Metalic
Too bad when you get damage that's not your fault.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:10 PM   #8
Liu997

I took some time today to take some pictures, suggestions would be nice.
And is there a difference between clear coats cause I am seeing many types all claiming that they are the best.

Old 10-11-2009, 07:20 PM   #9
Lafiro

If the metal is indented with the lines, then you have two choices:
Get a new door shell and have that painted.
Get someone to bondo the door and repaint it.

If its not dented in, then have someone paint over it, like a trusted body shop. Others may be able to chime in.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:13 AM   #10
daburrrninator

Drives: 08' Sedan
I feel your pain. Some idiot hit my sedan at night trying to park next to me. Hit and run of course, I still haven't gotten fixed but will have to soon. The damage he did to the bumper is causing the corner in the wheel well to sag :(.
daburrrninator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:47 AM   #11
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
95 percent of those marks can be buffed out. If you want to do a dangerouse but easy way. grab some brake cleaner and spray it on a cloth. Rub it gently on the areas that you see the black. And it will all come off. Trust me 100 percen it will work. Then when you are done take some cleaner wax to gently remove the residue and polish and wax the area back to a shine. Atleast it will look substantially better. As for the dents once you are done take it to a paintless dent removal place. To see if they can help you pop them out from the inside without having to have the door repainted.

Heres some pics to show the effectiveness of brake cleaner without damaging paint.

Last edited by YarisSedan; 11-03-2009 at 12:58 AM.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:03 PM   #12
Lafiro

Speaking of bad luck, 2 blocks away from me is a vry busy street, not wide enough for 2 cars to drive in both ways since people park on both sides of the street, and they are assholes that dont always park close to the sidewalk.

Well, this guys minivan is severely damaged from the back edge all the way to the front denfer, up and down side swipe. Sucks for his car, and obviously for the person that hit it and ran. THis happens way too often around this area, its a great place, but lots of assholes. Dads car has been hit three times and window smashed in, and others around the block have had house broken into and rims stolen, I dont know, its all random throughout the year, but it annoys me. Any noise gets me out of bed and too the window in 3 seconds. Adrenaline rocks! Then it sucks to get back to bed. Im about to purchase a network camera. Looking into the IQ732NIV7 , or better yet, since this is outdoors with better resolution(sacrifice frames per second), the IQ855V7NPSS.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:25 PM   #13
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafiro View Post
Speaking of bad luck, 2 blocks away from me is a vry busy street, not wide enough for 2 cars to drive in both ways since people park on both sides of the street, and they are assholes that dont always park close to the sidewalk.

Well, this guys minivan is severely damaged from the back edge all the way to the front denfer, up and down side swipe. Sucks for his car, and obviously for the person that hit it and ran. THis happens way too often around this area, its a great place, but lots of assholes. Dads car has been hit three times and window smashed in, and others around the block have had house broken into and rims stolen, I dont know, its all random throughout the year, but it annoys me. Any noise gets me out of bed and too the window in 3 seconds. Adrenaline rocks! Then it sucks to get back to bed. Im about to purchase a network camera. Looking into the IQ732NIV7 , or better yet, since this is outdoors with better resolution(sacrifice frames per second), the IQ855V7NPSS.

The IQeye products are excellent, but quite pricey.

Check out Supercircuits.com. I buy all of my surveillance equipment from them. I have an 8 camera network DVR with cameras covering my driveway and all sides of my house. I also have a separate 4 camera network DVR with cameras on my chickens and ducks. I use high res (560 line) analog cameras that run about $200 each (like the PC332IR-HR).
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:32 PM   #14
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
A lot of assholes on the road, and a lot of them don't know how to park without hitting somebody. I have similar marks on my front and back bumper now (sigh).

OP, please let us know how you resolve it.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:45 AM   #15
Lafiro

Oh yeah, I saw a yaris on the road today, mostly all the paint on the rear bumper is missing, its such a sad sight to know that a lot of people can parallel park without HAVING to hit the car behind them multiple times just to get into a spot.

Its rediculous. Im going to hate going back to class soon, parking is tight, lots of kids, and I swear to everyone... if I had a camcorder, forget this I will use my iPhone, to display how people park, no one can park right. I laugh at everyone, and just hop I dont become a victim. But unfortunately I have. Ben hit in my side view mirror once. Lady backed her car into mine and left and I couldnt catch a licence plate or do anything in time. Got side swiped but had witness and won against the city.

Too much drama.

Now I got the outside fixed, and thanks to hail, I now have a new Hood, Roof, trunk, and the while car painted over.

Now Im taking care of my care by all means.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:55 AM   #16
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Im telling you as a professional detailer based on the pictures that you show me there is a very high likely hood that the scratches can be buffed out also the marring can be buffed out 100 percent. And like martin said any ding or dent that is remaining can be removed by paintless dent removal
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:00 PM   #17
Yarrris-Wench
Keep To The Code

Drives: Red 2009 Toyo Yaris- Isabella
Send a message via AIM to Yarrris-Wench
Wow. Fingers crossed I wont run into this problem but more than likely i will. I have a few scratches that can be buffed (i hope) and one dent on the driver side door by the handle, its small but from someone else's door >:(
Tail Lights, HIDs, Tint, Rear Speaker Box & Amp(Boom Boom :P)

Yarrris-Wench is offline   Reply With Quote