Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-23-2009, 02:02 AM   #109
taKuto
rice rocket

Drives: 05 Echo
f-con is different from f-manage. the f-manage is by greddy/trust.
http://www.nengun.com/trust-greddy/f-manage
Old 05-23-2009, 04:26 PM   #110
changchewsoon

Drives: Vios Turbo
Send a message via MSN to changchewsoon Send a message via Yahoo to changchewsoon
wow parmas, thanks for all the screenshots! think i'll need a while to go look at all of them, nice job by the way! :)

anyways, i've placed an order for a set of recirulation adapter for my SSQV. hopefully i will be able to get my recirculation done within 2 weeks time.

i will post up information here for sharing.
changchewsoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 04:36 PM   #111
changchewsoon

Send a message via MSN to changchewsoon Send a message via Yahoo to changchewsoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus1155 View Post
Hey chang when you say the fmanage, do you mean the F-con if so, which one, when i go onto ebay it looks like they are unprogrammable vehicle spacific... thanks for the help.
hi nexus,

the fcon is a product from HKS,the fcon IS and the fcon SZ are piggybacks while the fcon VPro is a standalone ems.

the f-manage is a product from trust, it is a wideband O2 monitor and it also allows you to tune your car's closed loop by modifying the air fuel ratio signal the ecu is currently receiving from your O2.

i came across in the magazines that the japanese and taiwanese are using the f-manage to control the closed loop feedback of the skyline R35 as the r35 runs a full time closed loop system even when you're on WOT.
Old 05-24-2009, 03:10 PM   #112
Parmas

Drives: Vitz RS Turbo
made another video for you guys! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26ybx...eature=channel
Parmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 09:44 PM   #113
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
cool. Why does it run so rough?
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 10:45 PM   #114
supmet
Banned

Drives: 2007 4 Door Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
haha, I was about to say "it looks like its about to shake a spark plug boot loose" and then 3 seconds later it did!
supmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 01:07 AM   #115
changchewsoon

nice video!

by the way, i just want to share that although my tuner thinks that doing a recirculation is the fastest and easier way, he provided an alternate option if i wanted to stay venting to atmosphere which is to perform a MAF sensor relocation to a pre throttle body and post bov location.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:50 AM   #116
Parmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
Motor running rich and idling is badly affected. Still working into it!

Also badly in need of upgraded rear mounting

Will update when I have more cash!
Old 05-27-2009, 07:33 PM   #117
Parmas

Just a thought where I can get some information about general ecu mapping and tuning. I want to consider tuning my engine myself but I need to get the know how when and why etc...

If any of you have any link to some website or if any of you is already a tuner himself could give me any tips would be much appreciated!
Old 05-28-2009, 02:18 AM   #118
rob323
Don't drive it, RALLY it!

Drives: 1999 echo PRC rally car
Quote:
Originally Posted by changchewsoon View Post
nice video!

by the way, i just want to share that although my tuner thinks that doing a recirculation is the fastest and easier way, he provided an alternate option if i wanted to stay venting to atmosphere which is to perform a MAF sensor relocation to a pre throttle body and post bov location.
That will only work as long as the MAF doesn't also have the air temp sensor in it.
rob323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:08 PM   #119
Parmas

Today I tried to understand by myself how to manage fuel and ignition. Well the tuning is fair easy to control and to manage but there are some things I still don't understand.

First I am confused what is the difference between micro fuel injection and normal fuel injection?

What about Injectors constant and latency values? From where do I get them?

Acceleration map, sensitivity and decay?

Second how could I understand when the ignition map is ok at that particular rpm? (In the ignition map shows constant ignition on all rpm loads)

What about ignition angle and coil charge time? Is there any need to change?

What is the best to reference on the mainfold air pressure sensor or throttle position sensor?

I know there are many questions here but I would be pleased if some of you can make me understand more as much on these!
Old 05-28-2009, 06:34 PM   #120
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Drives: Yaris T-Sport 2008
Not to pull you back.... but,

With ALL the money and time that you have invested on this car so far... are you going to cheap out on the most critical stage????

If I were you I would go for a Pro tune...
You know you can kill your engine with a bad tune?? It would be a shame!

Is cool if you want to learn about tuning... but perhaps you can pick up a beater car and practice on an engine that you wouldn't mind to screw up.

Just my 2cents
CASTREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:49 PM   #121
Parmas

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASTREX View Post
Not to pull you back.... but,

With ALL the money and time that you have invested on this car so far... are you going to cheap out on the most critical stage????

If I were you I would go for a Pro tune...
You know you can kill your engine with a bad tune?? It would be a shame!

Is cool if you want to learn about tuning... but perhaps you can pick up a beater car and practice on an engine that you wouldn't mind to screw up.

Just my 2cents
I totally agree with your response I just want to know if the tuner made everthing right regarding mapping and settings.

On the other hand if the tuner makes a bad tune himself I would be more shame to pay for his time (which is not cheap btw)

Also I am considering that if it happen to notice a misfire on a particular gear and rpm I would be able to set it myself.

I know I am not a tuner myself and I don't pretend to set all the rpm loads on all gears by myself
Old 05-28-2009, 07:25 PM   #122
CASTREX
Who said Yaris was slow?

Drives: Yaris T-Sport 2008
Good luck to you then! just be careful
CASTREX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 12:00 PM   #123
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Drives: Audi
Send a message via AIM to Nexus1155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parmas View Post
Today I tried to understand by myself how to manage fuel and ignition. Well the tuning is fair easy to control and to manage but there are some things I still don't understand.

Tuning is very easy as long as you have the knowledge, i suggest you go onto boards like romraider or pgmfi and start reading up on guides, it will help you greatly

First I am confused what is the difference between micro fuel injection and normal fuel injection?

What about Injectors constant and latency values? From where do I get them?

You need to find out what the stock latency is(probably can do it with an oscilloscope, and measure pulsewidth? i dont remember how they do it from scratch), but settings the latency is the proper way to size injectors... if i recall its (new inj cc/old inj cc * old latency = new latency) or something like that, the formula is everywhere

Acceleration map, sensitivity and decay?

I'm taking this could be throttle sensitivity map, only thing ive ever seen with decay is knock so i wouldnt play with that or your car might be jittery, but sensitivity should be 100 across the board. You let your foot do the judgement, it will feel like a totally different car, my truck became a monster after, and remember its all based on load, so you won't go WOT from just tapping the gas

Second how could I understand when the ignition map is ok at that particular rpm? (In the ignition map shows constant ignition on all rpm loads)
Depending on if you are controlling ignition with your management unit, a constant value across all load is very bad. You could either be losing power/fuel/damaging the engine... they can usually get a basemap if its wired from the ecu, if not they can get one from another 1nz-fe engine map thats not the yaris

What about ignition angle and coil charge time? Is there any need to change?

What is the best to reference on the mainfold air pressure sensor or throttle position sensor?
please clarify a bit

I know there are many questions here but I would be pleased if some of you can make me understand more as much on these!
I tried to give pack as much info as i could with the time i have right now, i didn't comment on some things, because i don't think you need to worry about them or need them
Nexus1155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:00 PM   #124
Parmas

Thanks for your answers ... here is the setup screen where you can select which load input the ecu has to refer on as primary input

You can refer to the previous page to see some screenshots maps from the ecu
Attached Images
File Type: jpg load input1.JPG (121.4 KB, 242 views)
Old 05-29-2009, 01:20 PM   #125
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Drives: Audi
Send a message via AIM to Nexus1155
Well if you don't have a map sensor installed you can only do it based off the throttle position sensor....

but if you do have a MAP sensor that you added, it should be TPS for whatever is out of boost and MAP for when it hits boost. So it would be one of the bottom two...
Nexus1155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 01:38 PM   #126
Parmas

What do you think about ignition compared with fuel injection?

And btw what is micro fuel injection?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fuel injection & ignition.jpg (101.9 KB, 240 views)