Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-17-2012, 09:49 PM   #37
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
So true. When I was working in florida I lost so many keys I had to call for locksmiths far too many times. At this point I always walk around with at least 3 keys on me. I wouldn't ever get in a car without a valid AAA membership.

Never using bad gas is the easy way to fix this. Everyone knows what the good gas is in their area, you should keep to it. Where I live, the two best gasses actually help to increase gas mileage as well.

Not to mention if you run the tank lower, none of that crud ever has the chance of building up since it is all used.
Come to think of it, I have used my AAA membership at least once with my Yaris. I also once locked my keys in my Yaris and avoided having to call AAA due to help from a beautiful woman. I have a nationwide membership with a well known fitness club chain. One of my fairly local clubs shares a parking lot with a Starbucks. I left the Starbucks, walked up to my car, and realized I had locked my keys in the car. I walked across the parking lot to the fitness club. I checked I with the 'new' method (fingerprint and phone number) and used the mens room. I returned to the same rep who saw me check in (the beautiful woman) and explained what happened and that my phone was also in my car. She said "I have a better idea, follow me". She walked up to the strongest and toughest looking guy in the entire gym and explained my situation and asked him if he would unlock my car (he is a tow truck driver). He smiled and said "Anything for you, darlin". He immediately left his station and I walked with him to his truck, where he picked up the needed equipment, and we walked to my car and he unlocked it for me. Nicest guy in the world.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:01 PM   #38
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonM View Post
I don't understand why anyone would want to let their fuel level drop to less than a 1/4 of a tank as I was always under the impression that any crud that may have been accumulated from using "dirty" gas is usually sitting at the bottom of the tank.

I know of 2 people who ran out of gas and a short time later - their fuel pumps died (one of them was a Chev Montana van and the cost to repair the fuel pump was $750.00).
....218,480 miles on original fuel pump still doing its job in my car. Also see Why?'s reply about quality gas and level within gas tank.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:50 PM   #39
NEexpat

Drives: 2009, auto, 4dr LB
Trying to get my UltraGuage more accurate as it relates to MPG.

Currently it is set-up to an 11.1 gal. tank.

I always fill to the first click, round to the nearest nickel.

Based on CTScott's examination and testing I am thinking of resetting my tank size to 11.9.

Would I be correct in assuming that a first click fill up would add an additional .7 gal.,apprx.?

Or would increasing the the tank to 11.6 an additional 1/2 gal. be closer?

I am thinking .8, any thoughts would be appreciated.
NEexpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:03 PM   #40
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEexpat View Post
Trying to get my UltraGuage more accurate as it relates to MPG.

Currently it is set-up to an 11.1 gal. tank.

I always fill to the first click, round to the nearest nickel.

Based on CTScott's examination and testing I am thinking of resetting my tank size to 11.9.

Would I be correct in assuming that a first click fill up would add an additional .7 gal.,apprx.?

Or would increasing the the tank to 11.6 an additional 1/2 gal. be closer?

I am thinking .8, any thoughts would be appreciated.
For the first click, I would say that 11.6 - 11.7 is good. If you go a bit beyond that then 11.8 to 11.9 would be appropriate.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:35 PM   #41
NEexpat

Drives: 2009, auto, 4dr LB
Thanks Scott.

I think I will try 11.6 for a bit and compare to actual at the pump.

EDIT note: Would I be correct in assuming that a first click fill up would add an additional .7 gal.,apprx.?

That should be ".8"
NEexpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:07 PM   #42
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
^ this

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote