Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-06-2009, 07:44 PM   #1
JBougie
Banned

Drives: 2010 Yaris LB (Prev: 07 Sedan)
It was a big weekend for my Yari ....

The pics aren't complete, it's raining and it's kinda hard to take nice pics, so I'll have to post exterior pictures later. However ....

Friday was dent removal, I had 4 horrible dents on my passenger side from some jerk doing something (either hitting the car with something, or kicking it) so I went online and looked into paintless dent removal; the before and afters are below, WORTH EVERY PENNY. Cost me $375. No body filler, no days at the body shop - and you can't tell I ever had a dent. LOVE IT.

Before:

After:

Then - after that, it was detail time - I wasn't able to take an under the hood shot before I dropped the car off at the detailer, because I'm dumb and forgot about it but I bought the car in 07 and I had not touched under the hood until now. That is through the mukky summer, and salty muddy winters here in Minnesota - it was GROSS. Not anymore:

^^I will be taking more pictures of the interior/exterior tomorrow - I get to bring it back and get it washed again when it's nice out since it was pouring rain here today.

Then finally - after detailing (with the carpets still damp...) it was off to Best Buy to have the system installed. I got a Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD, 2-10" Infinity subs and a 500w Alpine amp. I am going to be getting the 6 1/2"s and all that at a later time, but for now we just went with that. It was a $1400 investment already, and I am kinda running out of cash lol
I am extremely happy with the install ... the HU is great and there are a lot of fun options. I am kinda afraid to bypass the DVD parking brake feature though becuase of the $900 fine attached with the cops pulling you over with it :/ So I am still thinking about that one, but I am sure in a few days I will say F it and get it bypassed anyway hahah

Now she's resting in the garage becuase she's had a lot going on this weekend.

Any freakin' day now my wheels will be here ... then I'll put those on and get that strut bar I bought from Ryan installed. Woo!
JBougie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 03:26 AM   #2
SilverBack
Joey

Drives: '14 Scion xD 5-speed
Send a message via AIM to SilverBack
So fresh, so clean

A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting.

"I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem." -Hank Hill
SilverBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 04:01 AM   #3
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Nice. Now only if you were here in NorCal, I would have traded you my front tinted windows for the untinted ones. I'm getting ready to scrape my tint off, so if anyone is interested in trading let me know ASAP.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote