Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-19-2009, 11:16 AM   #1
GeneW
Banned

Drives: 2008 Yaris
Videos from the Field

A couple of practical jokers in Afghanistan take a home video. Teaching kids bad words and venting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUg-bdE7M70

Gene
GeneW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:30 AM   #2
Bob_VT

Drives: 08 Yaris LB
Trust me..... that is history repeating itself relating back to EVERY occupation...... kind of an unspoken tradition among military people.

Come to the DARKSIDE..... We have candy
Bob_VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:51 AM   #3
GeneW
Banned

I got similar treatment from older kids in the neighborhood when I was the age of those little Afghan kids. Especially one kid who would say "Eat me" and then laugh like an idiot when I'd make eating motions at him.

Gene
Old 04-19-2009, 12:04 PM   #4
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Yeah, I guess every well we build, every school we reconstruct, all the medical care we provide and every other humanitarian effort we do--to include providing security for these people--is negated by a few ignorant morons, the leader of which isn't even wearing the proper uniform for the AOR!

I've been to Afghanistan twice, and the vast majority of forces stationed there work hard and risk their lives to make the lives of the Afghans better. Same applied to Bosnia, another war-torn country I had the pleasure to serve in. And that is not a sarcastic remark, I always felt that peacekeeping missions were the greatest and most productive contribution the military could make for a country.

Every group has its bad apples, and unfortunately they like to video tape their idiotic activities and post them on the Internet for the world to see; but I can tell you firsthand that the efforts of many countries have greatly improved the situation over there, and most Afghans appreciate that!

Cheers! M2
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:03 PM   #5
supmet
Banned

Drives: 2007 4 Door Yaris
That was hilarious. Still can't tell if its dubbed, or just bad quality.

And unless you've been in a war, fuck you for judging soldiers. I'd be little bitter too if I was fighting a pointless ass war, and was sent on to the front lines without a flak jacket. Seeing nothing but poverty, death, disease, body parts. Those dudes would go crazy if they didn't have something to laugh at.
supmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:33 PM   #6
GeneW
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by supmet View Post
And unless you've been in a war, fuck you for judging soldiers. I'd be little bitter too if I was fighting a pointless ass war, and was sent on to the front lines without a flak jacket. Seeing nothing but poverty, death, disease, body parts. Those dudes would go crazy if they didn't have something to laugh at.
If they were giving them wedgies or noogies it might be a problem, but geez, messing with them in such a light hearted way isn't a big deal.

Doubt that it aggravates the adults to resist. Dropping bombs on wedding parties, that's another story.

Gene
Old 04-19-2009, 06:54 PM   #7
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Kinda reminds me of this and this from Stripes...

Cheers! M2
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote