Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-16-2009, 09:58 PM   #1
jonismyname

Drives: 08 liftback 5spd
megan lowering springs- brief review.

installed today. drop is rated at 1.5", appears actual. nice springs, standard in front, progressive in rear. (car is hatchback)

first impression was the springs felt smoother than stock. this was on a crappy back road with lots of pits, dives, heaves, sand, ice, and other terrible things, around 40ish mph.

once i got about 50 i quickly realized that these springs really are stiffer, and the car will jump around a bit more, a lot more feedback from the road, but not an obscene amount, still quite comfortable. but i do notice being pushed around in every which direction.

merging onto a highway, and throwing it into corners displayed a much flatter stance in corners, even without a rear sway bar. car changes lanes with attitude. very big difference.

drove about 3 miles with a fat guy in the back seat, and two big guys in the front. no rubbing. slowed the car down though. felt like i was driving my geo metro again.

i have no experience with any other lowering springs, but i can say, for the $$, the megan ones are great.

for anyone considering lowering springs, that live in an environment similar to mine (upstate NY, rural...) the noise from salt, sand, snow, and everything else covering our roads is about 3 times louder now that the car is sitting closer to the ground. a case of rubberized undercoat with dampen it a bit come spring, but it is something else to consider.

i looked for info on these springs before i purchased, and found none, so now, there's a write up. all be it brief.
jonismyname is offline   Reply With Quote