Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 08-11-2006, 08:41 PM   #1
drell42

Drives: Blank
Brake Shopping

well I have started to think about brake options for the car. althought it is not time for brakes yet i would like to have an idea of what I want before that time comes. what i would like to do, are replace the pads and shoes with a proformance compound and replace the rubber lines with stainless braided ones. What I cant find is a company that makes the gear for this car, i know that i can probably get away with a universal fit for the lines but the pads and shoes are a diffrent story. what would you guys suggest?!

Rick
drell42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2006, 09:15 PM   #2
riceboy

Drives: icebox
do the wilwood big brake kits for the scion's fit the YARIS?
riceboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 06:59 AM   #3
TRD_Yaris
Yarii Hunter

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback and S13's
different brackets for the Echo..though it WILL work you will have nasty chatter...

I suggest the Vitz RS rear disc brake conversion as well as Stainless Steel brake lines, aftermarket brake fluid, and EBC brake pads...very cheap if you look around.
or you cold spend 15 times more for the wilwood, which IS THE WORST road racing brakes out there (aftermarket wise). Wilwood was invented for domestics, and share the domestics lack of braking ability.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:25 AM   #4
mojoyaris
Ecurie Snoopy Lives

Drives: Jojo
I hear the Willwoods (some of the older ones) would flex under pressure. Changing the pads to a better pad would help and use better brake lines. The Wilwood brakes are lighter and therefore don't have the rigidity that a Brembo or Endless or Greddy system would have. Although having said that. The new Tein Yaris has Wilwoods and I hear they brake very well.
Western Canada Rally Association
Ecurie (Team) Snoopy Canada, racing since 1966
mojoyaris is offline   Reply With Quote