Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-21-2011, 07:34 PM   #55
RacerFreakXXX
JDM Fred

Drives: 06 Mazda Miata
Send a message via AIM to RacerFreakXXX
I feel a need to chime in. I got rid of my yaris for a miata, because it was the same price, a lot faster, and got basically the same gas mileage. The issue is that the yaris retains its value too much and no one wants to sell them because they get such good gas mileage and are inexpensive to maintain. I can buy a 350z, g35, miata, rx7, rx8, 240sx, civic si, rsx, ect... all for the same price if not less than a used yaris. You just dont get enough bang for your buck with a yaris IMO.

Secondly they aren't targeted to tuners, they are targeted to people who want great gas mileage at an affordable price that are inexpensive to repair. When I first got my old yaris I didn't think there was going to be anyone tuning them or anything like that, I was shocked when I stumbled onto this forum.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:58 PM   #56
Dadams

Drives: '09 yaris hatchback
Okay as a new member I feel like I gotta put my two cents in. I know alot of us new yaris owners may come off as a bit noob-ish with our "what should I do?" threads (especially since I've noticed I'm one of them) But from my perspective I came to this forum to ask those sorts of questions to the guys like you who have already modded out their yarii. I came into this completely blind, and if it wasnt for this forum Id probably still be buying cheap LED's and other pointless accesories off of Ebay. I've learned where all the best parts are and learned that an 09 body is NOT the same as an 08 so that saved me from blindly buying new headlights that wouldnt fit. So I guess what Im trying to say is, your completley right. I would love to become a part of this new forum community, and I would also love to go to mass yarii meetings and meeting some of you guys (and your yarii) face to face cause you guys are what made me from an average day ricer, to an experienced moder. So thanks guys and lets get this shit started!
Dadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:46 AM   #57
Dadams

Hell yeah I like turtles!

And thanks bro glad to be here! cant wait to join the ranks of awesomeness with my yaris
Old 10-25-2011, 08:43 PM   #58
JBougie
Banned

Drives: 2010 Yaris LB (Prev: 07 Sedan)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 47_MasoN_47 View Post
You still have me and Adrian to chime in. What else do you need? :P
That's true. There's nothing a Jinni needs more than you and Adrian to talk to lol
JBougie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:09 PM   #59
kk4real

Drives: 07 egg
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Dingo-Ate-My-Baby View Post
best thing I got out of yaris forums was cruise control hack, and tpms hack. without yarforums I'd still be sucking my thumb

try to find this type of info on any other forum for any other subcompact...

I do have some 4runner hacks from yotatech
+1 on the cruise control!
honestly, I'm in it for the DIYs
kk4real is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:19 PM   #60
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
I had two turtles as a kid :)

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:30 PM   #61
Dadams

So did I!! then my mom left them outside overnight while she was cleaning their tank and in the morning they were frozen solid :'( one of them was half out of the water.... that sight still haunts my dreams.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:25 PM   #62
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
I like frozen turtles!!!!!!
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:09 PM   #63
Yesusk

Drives: Yaris HB
Hi im a noob, can u tell me how much HP i can expect from sparco decals on the hood?

Poor turtles....damn i didnt know there was such a terrible way to die...as a turtle...

Hey its normal in forums, i had one and same happened, founders, marry, have kids, money goes to diapers.... plus the crazy mods are limited!

I never was a crazy modder, but i can enjoy other people`s experiences, so just stay focused on what the forum is for, meet people with the same interest, and more tutorials!!! heh
Yesusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 10:04 PM   #64
Dadams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesusk View Post
Hi im a noob, can u tell me how much HP i can expect from sparco decals on the hood?
Im not sure you can get HP from a car decal.... haha

My yaris build!
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36908
Please feel free to leave your oppinions! I would love to have them to see what I can improve on!
Old 11-12-2011, 10:32 PM   #65
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadams View Post
Im not sure you can get HP from a car decal.... haha
I guess you haven't heard of the MI decals
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 10:53 PM   #66
Dadams

thats the only exception! hahaha I need to get one! where can you buy them? oh and do they come in red?

My yaris build!
Please feel free to leave your oppinions! I would love to have them to see what I can improve on!
Old 11-12-2011, 11:38 PM   #67
TLyttle

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan
Oh, hell yeah, there is AT LEAST 10 hp in that decal! Better yet, it shows the pretenders who is boss! And ya just KNOW there is another 9mph in that paint job! Best yet, there is 5mpg in that rice exhaust system... The benefits of stuff like that are seldom recognised by ordinary folk! ;-)
TLyttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:03 AM   #68
heeroyuy01195
Post count means nothing.

Drives: AW11, NCP91, Old Motorcycles
Didn't read the whole thread, skimmed a few of the posts. But to the OP, there's also guys like me who mod their cars and don't share anything on here. I do agree with you that some of the mods I see people do look a bit tacky in my books but to each his own. I have to agree with some of the other replies on here though. The one I agree with the most being that the Yaris is a car that's been targeted at fuel economy. That being said, its not going to get a lot of attention as a modding platform.

Although, I bought mine with every intention of racing it. I've since changed directions with the car as a result of the current economy; litely moded engine with some basic suspension and aesthetic mods. I'll leave the "go fast" mentality for my MR2. At the end of the day...nothing beats the feeling of driving my Yaris back home in comfort (not to mention how badass 40MPG is) after a night of racing the MR2 (20MPG or less?). As a bonus, I can still throw my Yaris around some corners when the urge hits me :)
heeroyuy01195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 03:24 AM   #69
Dadams

Quote:
Originally Posted by heeroyuy01195 View Post
Didn't read the whole thread, skimmed a few of the posts. But to the OP, there's also guys like me who mod their cars and don't share anything on here. I do agree with you that some of the mods I see people do look a bit tacky in my books but to each his own. I have to agree with some of the other replies on here though. The one I agree with the most being that the Yaris is a car that's been targeted at fuel economy. That being said, its not going to get a lot of attention as a modding platform.

Although, I bought mine with every intention of racing it. I've since changed directions with the car as a result of the current economy; litely moded engine with some basic suspension and aesthetic mods. I'll leave the "go fast" mentality for my MR2. At the end of the day...nothing beats the feeling of driving my Yaris back home in comfort (not to mention how badass 40MPG is) after a night of racing the MR2 (20MPG or less?). As a bonus, I can still throw my Yaris around some corners when the urge hits me :)
+1

My yaris build!
Old 11-13-2011, 11:10 PM   #70
TLyttle

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan
My buddy has an MR2, modding the daylights out of it, having a ball driving it, parking it for the winter. If he takes it easy on Cop Alley, he gets 45mpgImp. Not bad for a fun car...
TLyttle is offline   Reply With Quote