Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-04-2011, 09:38 PM   #1
EPyarisdriver
...or Vegas for short

Drives: 2010 Toyota Yaris 3door LB
Pedo Bear!!

Is anyone elses PD getting freaked out about a pedo bear sticker on the car?? I dont have one but theres been cases in the city where the cops pull you over just for having the sticker. It also happened in Albuquerque. Soo anyone??
EPyarisdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:41 PM   #2
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Foe having a sticker of half of a bear??????? Wtf !!!!
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:41 PM   #3
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
All tho I think the sticker is gay, rather have domo
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:49 AM   #4
EPyarisdriver
...or Vegas for short

Yeah just for a stupid sticker!
I dont mine either of them but yeah domo is also pretty legit!
Old 12-05-2011, 12:07 PM   #5
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Drives: 09 Yaris HB 3door
a what?
Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.
Shinare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:21 PM   #6
EPyarisdriver
...or Vegas for short

Google pedo bear. Its just a sticker of a cartoon bear but has a weird story behind it
Old 12-05-2011, 02:01 PM   #7
Sam8madness

Drives: 2007 Toyota yaris hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpmanYaris View Post
Foe having a sticker of half of a bear??????? Wtf !!!!
I'm sure they have no idea what it is, and treat it as some sort of pedophile gang sign or something...
Sam8madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:21 PM   #8
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
It's in poor taste comedic or not. It wouldn't be so funny if you had a child that was molelested or if you were the victim of such a crime. The seriousness behind it runs deeper than comedic value. One could argue that poking fun at Osama bin Laden is right there with the Pedo Bear or using political satire on SNL on the lower end of seriousness. But not having to dig deep into the innocence of a child, you would never advocate to give a child a sticker of Pedo Bear to place on their school binder, would you?
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 03:36 PM   #9
A-Dingo-Ate-My-Baby
Banned

Drives: yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCALB SIRAY View Post
It's in poor taste comedic or not. It wouldn't be so funny if you had a child that was molelested or if you were the victim of such a crime. The seriousness behind it runs deeper than comedic value. One could argue that poking fun at Osama bin Laden is right there with the Pedo Bear or using political satire on SNL on the lower end of seriousness. But not having to dig deep into the innocence of a child, you would never advocate to give a child a sticker of Pedo Bear to place on their school binder, would you?

well...

#1 it is comedy...dark comedy. but comedy. always was

#2 the media turned it into something real in the minds of normal unfunny folks

#3 Now knowing the controversy, and what the media plays this up to be,
anyone and everyone with any sense should get rid of PedoBear and stop using it everywhere

#4 if you do not do #3, real bad things might just randomly happen to you, like a neighborhood posse beatdown when you least expect it (already happened)

#5 kiss future employment opportunities goodbye

#6 yes it sucks that the media screwed up a dark comedy icon, but it is not time to try to explain yourself when the baseball bat is already swinging

#7 all you need to ruin your life is one reporter who finds your sticker, and fires up the camera on the evening news and starts a story about the PedoBear stickers, and you or your car wind up on the news. You'd better have an ironclad retort, which won't matter anyway due to editing. Just having that sticker could stumble you into being an outcast.

ya rly

So, 330H, are you a pedophile ? Why you have a pedophile sticker on your car then ? see my point ?

Last edited by A-Dingo-Ate-My-Baby; 12-05-2011 at 04:20 PM.
A-Dingo-Ate-My-Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:30 PM   #10
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
^ I agree with this.

Think about the use of the swastika logo as a parallel example.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:32 PM   #11
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
^ I agree with this.

Wasn't that an Asian symbol of some sorts? And by Asian I'm talking about west not east part of the continent. I think Michael Jordon is trying to bring Hitler's mustache back though =/
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:42 PM   #12
A-Dingo-Ate-My-Baby
Banned

Drives: yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
^ I agree with this.

and YOUR MicroImage logo sharing window space with the PedoBear on 330H

it is no longer good for anyone to associate with it
A-Dingo-Ate-My-Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:44 PM   #13
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Dingo-Ate-My-Baby View Post
well...

#1 it is comedy...dark comedy. but comedy. always was

#2 the media turned it into something real in the minds of normal unfunny folks

#3 Now knowing the controversy, and what the media plays this up to be,
anyone and everyone with any sense should get rid of PedoBear and stop using it everywhere

#4 if you do not do #3, real bad things might just randomly happen to you, like a neighborhood posse beatdown when you least expect it (already happened)

#5 kiss future employment opportunities goodbye

#6 yes it sucks that the media screwed up a dark comedy icon, but it is not time to try to explain yourself when the baseball bat is already swinging

#7 all you need to ruin your life is one reporter who finds your sticker, and fires up the camera on the evening news and starts a story about the PedoBear stickers, and you or your car wind up on the news. You'd better have an ironclad retort, which won't matter anyway due to editing. Just having that sticker could stumble you into being an outcast.

ya rly

So, 330H, are you a pedophile ? Why you have a pedophile sticker on your car then ? see my point ?
I removed mine when the media turned it into a dark thing in everyone's minds. It was initially meant for comedy only.
33OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:54 PM   #14
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedobear
33OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 05:07 PM   #15
Kaykogi

Drives: 2009 Barcelona Red Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCALB SIRAY View Post
Wasn't that an Asian symbol of some sorts
The clockwise swastika was/is a Buddhist/Hindu symbol. The Nazi symbol is counter-clockwise, however, that too is used in Buddhist and Hindu decor. The first time I went to Korea I remember being slightly weirded out with all of the swastikas all over the place.

Anyways, I agree that it probably isn't the best idea to plaster pedobear all over the place. Personally I don't get offended easily, but I also tend to avoid confrontation as much as possible. </My two cents>
Kaykogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:07 PM   #16
EPyarisdriver
...or Vegas for short

I dont mind the stickers. Sure it has a dark side but I agree with Dingo how its dark comedy. The media tends to turn a lot of things upside down but this was more of an "inside joke" is the best way I can put it. I doubt anyone would want to show that they are a pedophile because if they did they would probably have another sticker advertising it. This is my 2 cents. Dont bash me for it.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:08 PM   #17
EPyarisdriver
...or Vegas for short

http://www.demingheadlight.com/ci_19401913
Old 12-05-2011, 07:23 PM   #18
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
The clockwise swastika was/is a Buddhist/Hindu symbol. The Nazi symbol is counter-clockwise
Actually, the Nazis rotated it 45 degrees. The orientation left or right is not relevant:

Quote:
The swastika (Sanskrit: स्वस्तिक) is an equilateral cross with its arms bent at right angles, in either right-facing (࿕) form in counterclockwise motion or its mirrored left-facing (࿖) form in clockwise motion.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote