Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

View Poll Results: Center guages good or bad?
center guages good 49 85.96%
center guages bad 8 14.04%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-2006, 04:29 PM   #1
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
Center Guages

What do you guys think?

At first I thought it was quirky, but the more I drive it, the more I like it. It makes more sense to me, you can always see em, steering wheel never in the way.

I'd like to have a tach in there...but thats another thread :)
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 05:53 PM   #2
dngz

Drives: black yaris sedan
yea, when i drive with 1 hand on top of the steering wheel, i can see everything clearly, not like b4 where id have to move my hand out of the way to see.
dngz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 06:05 PM   #3
vodkalush
I drive a yarrrris

Drives: 07 Sedan Polar White
Send a message via AIM to vodkalush
Quote:
Originally Posted by dngz
yea, when i drive with 1 hand on top of the steering wheel, i can see everything clearly, not like b4 where id have to move my hand out of the way to see.
same here

Docotrs say all the drikning has mesesd up my seplilng and radieng

will work for parts
vodkalush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 06:44 PM   #4
eco

Drives: 2007 Black Yaris sedan
Same here,but now Ive got a scangaugeII behind the wheel,and its small enough to see when Ive got my hand at the top of the wheel.
eco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 07:08 PM   #5
Driver

Drives: 07 Yaris silver manual sedan
Love the center guages.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:27 PM   #6
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
I may not have a Yaris but I have an ECHO that obviously like the Yaris has center gauges. I like it and as mentioned before it makes sense, especially for a small car. I get amused how reviewer's use it to dock off points cause its "annoying." Or some people hate the center gauges like it killed off their family or something, sure you can have your opinion but just chill out! People hate change! I know its a matter of personal perference but I think it makes the car more unuiqe IMO.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:44 PM   #7
whoguy

Drives: Yaris YRS Sedan
The center guage is good for passengers to check what your doin.... he he...

Tip: No backseat drivers allowed...
whoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 08:18 PM   #8
Pars

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
I like the clean a sculptured look of the dash and having the console at the centre adds to the effect. Since my NAV system is already at the centre of the dash, I'm able to not only get all the info from the NAV system at a glance, but also the regular dash read-outs.
Pars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 08:20 PM   #9
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
I don't really mind so much the gauges, but the one thing I do not like is that the side turning repeater lights are not in my normal field of vision, and their "click" is very quiet, so sometimes I forget to turn off the indicators and don't notice for a while!

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 08:29 PM   #10
Pars

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo
I don't really mind so much the gauges, but the one thing I do not like is that the side turning repeater lights are not in my normal field of vision, and their "click" is very quiet, so sometimes I forget to turn off the indicators and don't notice for a while!
It'd be cool if the clicking got louder if it was on for more then 3 minutes. That way, it's not intrusive to the passenger, but after while, it can be heard if mistakenly left on.
Pars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 08:48 PM   #11
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
my old car shut off the radio if you left the blinker on for too long
Old 11-27-2006, 11:41 PM   #12
spkrman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dngz
yep EXACTLY! Checking guages in my blazer, I have to look down and move my hand, in the yaris its just look over, much faster.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:42 PM   #13
spkrman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECHOKnight2000
I may not have a Yaris but I have an ECHO that obviously like the Yaris has center gauges. I like it and as mentioned before it makes sense, especially for a small car. I get amused how reviewer's use it to dock off points cause its "annoying." Or some people hate the center gauges like it killed off their family or something, sure you can have your opinion but just chill out! People hate change! I know its a matter of personal perference but I think it makes the car more unuiqe IMO.
its only annoying when you get in the car and drive it for 15 minutes never to see it again... or perhaps as some reviews appear - look at a spec sheet and go from there.

Early in my test drive it was awkword, but I quickly learned of its usefulness.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:43 PM   #14
spkrman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo
yep, i've the same "complaint". Turning left isnt so bad, but when you turn right, the light is flashing almost on the other side of the dash.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:10 PM   #15
stuffy

Drives: 06 yaris 5-dr le man
the automotive press hate the centre guages, but there seems to be a bit of sheep mentality with them anyway,
one reveiwer doesn't like it, then they all don't like it.
stuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 02:13 PM   #16
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
The gauge placement took some getting used to, but like others said, now my hand doesn't block my field of vision.

And besides the fact, that is always the first thing people point out when they see the car. Its cool to have a feature that is so unique to this car.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 07:56 PM   #17
KSIbucky

Drives: 2007 Yaris manual dark silver
Send a message via AIM to KSIbucky Send a message via MSN to KSIbucky
i like having the glove box and where the gauges are help it does need a tach thow
Blitz exhaust
Megan Lowering Springs
(Next is DC Header)
KSIbucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 02:55 AM   #18
Typer73
Tired of the Stars!

Drives: '07 Meteorite LB
It took me all of 15 minutes to get used to the center gauges. To me, they are much more visible in the center rather than hiding behind the steering wheel. And--LOVE that driver's side glove box!
Typer73 is offline   Reply With Quote