Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-15-2010, 12:09 AM   #109
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Ok. Well I talked vaguely to the tuner via email and he suggested the walbro 255. however, i don't know if he is putting much thought into it or not whether i need to run a return fuel line or not. i mentioned it to him, but he didn't address it via email.

Question. Would the tuner be able to successfully tune with the walbro 255/larger injectors in place, and no return system?

Wondering if i should just try the larger injectors first, and see if that fixes the problem. Then if not, get a larger fuel pump and go from there.

I'll be going with the spec stage 2+ clutch and flywheel; also a Kaaz LSD.
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:38 AM   #110
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
injectors go on in minutes, you'll know if you're on the right track. Installing and running a fuel pump and especially a return line is a pain in the butt.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:12 PM   #111
cdydjded

Drives: Yaris LB Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post
Ok. Well I talked vaguely to the tuner via email and he suggested the walbro 255. however, i don't know if he is putting much thought into it or not whether i need to run a return fuel line or not. i mentioned it to him, but he didn't address it via email.

Question. Would the tuner be able to successfully tune with the walbro 255/larger injectors in place, and no return system?

Wondering if i should just try the larger injectors first, and see if that fixes the problem. Then if not, get a larger fuel pump and go from there.
I assure you that if you put a 255 in your base fuel pressure will be higher than factory. Iv experience this many times. The factory FPR will not be able to handle the additional pressure & volume of fuel. I cant tell you what your base pressure will go to but it will be higher than the factory 43psi.

The problem with this will be that the car will run rich @ idle. I suggest
installing a temporary fuel pressure gauge to see exactly what is happening with the fuel pressure. Once you have this info you can make the correct decision on the next step to either change injectors or pump.

If you go the pump route I would go with a 155LPH which is good for 300hp. I would also convert to a return system. Another option is to lower the boost which will in turn require less fuel demand.
cdydjded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:14 PM   #112
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
Another option is to lower the boost which will in turn require less fuel demand.
How dare you give him these silly ideas? That is not an option!
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:43 PM   #113
cdydjded

Drives: Yaris LB Turbo
Yeah I know it sucks to go from 8psi to 5-6psi, fun factor goes down. But the reality is fuel delivery problem = possible kaboom!
cdydjded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:01 PM   #114
Focus_Sh1ft

Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo
I'm surprised pimp my yaris hasn't chimed in yet, as he's running the 255 with no problems.

Then again, he wouldn't have any excessively rich problems since he's tuning in open loop.

And no reason to turn down the boost... Just don't drive really hard. I'm sure I'd be having the exact same problem if I threw my car on a dyno. Fact is, I have no plans to, and never see the need to exceed 4000 RPMs during daily driving.
Focus_Sh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:21 PM   #115
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Just put in a Spec stage 2+ clutch, Spec lightened flywheel, and Kaaz LSD. Feels gooooood.

ps: Sorry tamango.
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote