Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-09-2010, 12:05 PM   #19
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Brian, sorry about the divorce, but in the end, it's probably better to be divorced than unhappily married, if you ask me, but hey nobody asked me and besides what do I know ;)

I just wanted to say you don't have to use Photobucket. You can upload directly to the forum. Instead of clicking on "post quick reply" you click on "go advanced" and it'll give you an option to attach pictures. You can only attach 10 pics per posts though, but this way you don't have to mess with passwords, etc.

Can't stand photobucket myself, all these popups make me not want to upload anything.

Good luck with your list of mods. Sounds like you're gonna be busy for a while ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kngrsll View Post
for that much money, id rather have a stock S2000
yeah, but it's not just about the money, it's also a hobby. Some people just enjoy fixing and building things, or adding to them to customize them or make them run "better and/or faster" It's a whole process and in the end there is a great deal of well earned pride / satisfaction in a project that turns out well in the end.

Last edited by tomato; 01-09-2010 at 12:18 PM.
tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:57 PM   #20
bzinn 1

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB
I have not gone down the list on cost yet,honestly the most expensive thing I will have to buy is the brakes.
Brakes are about $1100
Seats are next about $700 to get them,sliders and bracket
Hood around $400 ish

coils are the last thing on list,and they can wait till my struts begin to fail before I worry about them.

Wires for stereo are about $120
Deck about $200
Tires about $550
sound deadener about $100
tint $225
sub box and amp rack about $175,gotta build it all from scratch
and the vinyl CF about $200 to do it right

I got about $1800 sittign around by mid february with no bills to pay for it so I may as well enjoy it.....last year I saved my money till August to go on vacation to the Redwoods and that is when my wife said she wanted to leave,while on vacation.....after I made all the reservations and paid to go and was already there 3 days.......so this year I am gonna go on vacation my self.....lol

At some point in time I may do body kit,but painters up here charge a fortune,and being it is daily driver still I hate having a kit on,I scrape at times now and going lower willjust make kit a mess in a year.

I am looking forward to posting up pictures as I go,last night I started to break out all the parts I already have and figure out what I will need.

My Scion friends up here are excited to see what I do with it,I have helped mod probably a good 50 cars up here in 3 years and so I got a lot of people who will help me do mine too

Gonna be fun.
bzinn 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 01:45 PM   #21
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
I enjoyed the "guts up, boobs in" setup in the back of that Scion. What amplifier was that? Were those Image Dynamics ID12's?

I empathise and sympathise with your situation.

Without saying too much more, it's be a cold day before any of my ex's got to reward themselves off my hard work.

Good luck with the Yaris project! Personally, I don't know how you only survive with a $100 in deadening, I've put over $600 into mine and I'll need at least $300 more! Gotta hit that roof when I get back.
Old 01-09-2010, 02:47 PM   #22
bzinn 1

The subs are ID10s D2.....nice sounding subs,I still have one left in the closet,my buddy sold me 3 of them last year for $150......Amp is the ever hard to find Elemental Designs NINe.5 600w sub channel and 4 120w comp channels,the thing is a beast though like 30 inches long,was a tight fit to get under false floor.

As for the sound deadening I am lucky I still got a gallon of liquid eDead and about 100' of the .040mil left and about 30' of the really thick 1/4" deadening material....so figure another roll and it should be pretty good,much smaller car.

Yeah it was hard to let the tC go......but I hate to bicker about it and have it complicate a divorce.Mainly we are gettign adivorce because my wife and my 14year old son from a previous relationship are just fighting each and every day.....sucked
So she finally had enough,we are trying to work things through and remain friends but it is not looking good right now.....
Old 01-09-2010, 02:51 PM   #23
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
I just wanted to say you don't have to use Photobucket. You can upload directly to the forum. Instead of clicking on "post quick reply" you click on "go advanced" and it'll give you an option to attach pictures. You can only attach 10 pics per posts though, but this way you don't have to mess with passwords, etc.
True, but your maximum disk space gets used up super fast, so it's not viable if you're going to do that on a regular basis, right?
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 04:33 PM   #24
TickleTimeTim
Free Mustache Rides

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
good luck on that list. can't wait for pics
Old 01-09-2010, 05:37 PM   #25
kngrsll
Apexing Egg!!

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris white hatch
Send a message via AIM to kngrsll
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato View Post

yeah, but it's not just about the money, it's also a hobby. Some people just enjoy fixing and building things, or adding to them to customize them or make them run "better and/or faster" It's a whole process and in the end there is a great deal of well earned pride / satisfaction in a project that turns out well in the end.
meh, yeah true. alot of my friends mod cars, but dont track. to them, its more about the project. im not like that, every mod needs a purpose. i look at my car as a tool for entertainment, haha! but not to say, i love a good looking car, but more bc of the engineering behind it, not bc its personalized.
kngrsll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 06:09 PM   #26
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR
sucks about the divorce but look at it this way, that tc is a chicks car anyway so no big loss except in the pocket. as for the BBK do a search on the NOS YARIS and hit up ernie and im sure he'll hook you up.....

TOYOTA PARTS AT A DISCOUNT........
ROCKLAND TOYOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 06:23 PM   #27
bzinn 1

haha.......yeah every time i tell chicks I drive a Yaris they get all happy.....then I show them and they are like that is so cute,I love it.......it is a chick magnet.....lol
Old 01-09-2010, 07:50 PM   #28
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
Sorry to hear about the divorce; sucks. I met you and saw your car on the Mt. St. Helens cruise in 2008. It looked good, and it seems it'll look and sound even better soon!
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:41 PM   #29
bzinn 1

hey buddy long time no hear......yeah life got weird.......

spent today figuring out where to place my GReddy catch can,soon as my filter is dry,I cleaned it the Injen is going back in......then I gotta get some hose for the catch can.......
Old 01-09-2010, 11:36 PM   #30
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
whatever happens brudda...you've got friends out here. We are exited to see what you have planned for the Yaris.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:31 AM   #31
GeneralDon7

Drives: Yaris Sedan
Wow I wish I could have a list of Mods come even close to that, sounds like that should be a really fun list to go through. Definatley post pics of your mods when you go through them. Sucks to hear about your divorce but at least your yaris will get plenty of love and attention
GeneralDon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 01:26 AM   #32
bzinn 1

thanks guys I actualy look forward to posting pictures as I go with it......

I am a long time person on Scionlife,I have helped a lot of people on there,I beleive in paying it forward,helping out and doing what we can.

I know a lot of my installs are on Scionlife for things like brakes to gutting a car,sometimes the simple things can be intimidating and honestly it is just a machine......we can take them apart and put them together.

I have a background as a Boeing machinist and know my way around CF,Kevlar,and fabrication......I am an electrician for a job so I know my way around electrical,and a car guy from as long as I can remember,I still miss my 1970 GTO the most of any car I built,primer black and fast as can be in a straight line.......very fast car.....

then somehow I got into imports and it went from there,my long term goal is a Supra Mark IV or a Skyline for a hobby car.......

ADHA goes a long way as does disposible income,I never figure to live long enough to retire so why save....lol
Old 01-10-2010, 01:50 AM   #33
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
I am a long time person on Scionlife,I have helped a lot of people on there,I beleive in paying it forward,helping out and doing what we can.
Rare on ScionLife
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 01:52 AM   #34
bzinn 1

dont we know it.............it was a breath of fresh air to come here and see people get along and not bash others.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:55 AM   #35
fmicle

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato View Post

Can't stand photobucket myself, all these popups make me not want to upload anything.
Microsoft haters, beware! :)

I've been using photos.live.com for a while now and I'm very happy with it. I have a free storage limit of 25 GB, of which I think I used maybe 1 GB so far... It accepts photos in the original size with a simple selection from a drop-down list and there are no annoyances that I know of. I've linked the photos on the forums, on craigslist, on eBay, very handy :)
Old 01-10-2010, 05:12 AM   #36
ddongbap
Banned

Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
Wait, what popups?
ddongbap is offline   Reply With Quote