Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-17-2011, 12:56 AM   #55
bzinn 1

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB
Well after what is nearly a year....one nasty divorce......I am finally free of the ex wife.....God I hope....

but anyway.....

Instead of Sparco Evo's I ended up going with the Corbeau FX1 Pro's
I am currantly waiting for the brackets to get made,looks like early March they will ship....but I gots the seats already....very nice to sit in.

I still plan on doing all the stuff on the list,I jsut decided to wait till the divorce was final,her bankruptcy was final, and I knew for sure I got to keep my car....

I will post up pictures once the seats are in

I also picked up a very nice 24 year old hottie.....hey I'm almost 41 so ya gotta give me credit.....old men still gots it...lol
bzinn 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 01:04 AM   #56
yaris2010RS

Drives: no-longer-boosted '10 Yaris
wow, some people jsut dont learn, lol.

my mom and dad are finalizing their divorce and it sucks, glad urs is over.

oh, and do u have pics>?

Last edited by yaris2010RS; 02-17-2011 at 01:04 AM. Reason: want to see pics of 24y/o hottie
yaris2010RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:16 PM   #57
xen555

Drives: 3 DOORS LB
pictures of the 24 year old hottie... of course

LOL JK hope u end the divorce soon and start playing with the yaris!!!
xen555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:17 AM   #58
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
Looking forward to seeing you again on the next Mt. St. Helens cruise, make sure to bring the hottie
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:44 PM   #59
bzinn 1

I got a few pictures of the seats and some wires and the CF spoiler....

Power wire and RCAs all Knukonceptz

Corbeau's

CF spoiler

Rays Lug nuts

So far the Avic D3 is installed but still gotta get the comps and sound deadening in the car,sub is still a bit of a ways off,not sure what one I want to do yet....

Spoiler is on the car but no pictures in my computer for some reason....I know I took some...I will get some when I get car clean,it is filthy right now...PNW winters suck,nothing but rain every day.

Only pictures I got of hot 24 year old I cannot post up here...lol
Old 03-07-2011, 06:57 PM   #60
bzinn 1

Finally got the email today that my seat brackets from Corbeau are shipping and will be here WEdnesday....bought them 2/1/2011....I guess from what I understand they are the first brackets Corbeau has made for the Yaris so wish me luck.....hope they fit without me having to modify them....

I will take lots of pictures of the car being gutted so perhaps it may help others with modding.

I should be able to bypass the airbag and such no problem,and have them still work even.....done it to several Scions so Yaris should be somewhat the same....lol

I got half my order for the sound deadening,still waiting on my gallon of Edead liquid.

Also came to decision to run a 15" sub off my amp instead of a 12" of the same wattage.....more cone give more surface to push air....more air moving makes me happy...lol....so 600-750w going to the sub inverted mounted to a 1.67cu ft sealed box....box is slightly on the smaller side but designed for that sub to run effeciantly sealed.....

Found me a tC steering wheel so I can also upgrade to it and have a nice leather wheel,hate our hard plastic one.....
Old 03-07-2011, 07:03 PM   #61
yaris2010RS

Drives: no-longer-boosted '10 Yaris
tC wheel will fit out yaris with no mods?
Old 03-07-2011, 08:25 PM   #62
bzinn 1

Yep the tC wheel will work,I do not remember reading about any modifacations needed to make it fit.I did try the xA XB wheel and it did not fit correctly.

The tC wheel will accept our airbag....you just have to take off the radio controls.

Think there was a thread on here that someone else had already done it.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:20 AM   #63
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
Excellent choice in wing, I have the same type, looks GOOD on the hatch.
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:15 AM   #64
Imagine
Insert sarcasm here.

Drives: 2009 Black Pearl Sand 3Dr
Painted Body kit - $1500
Custom Stereo - $3000
Show winning Tc - $25,000
No more fighting and arguing about everything... Priceless!
Imagine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 03:20 PM   #65
Tylermayer

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris
thats a pretty big loss
Old 03-08-2011, 04:43 PM   #66
bzinn 1

haha....yeah at first you think divorce....wow this sucks.....wow...I am losing a crapload....

Then....you go...WOW....I am FREE.....lol....

just wait till the yaris is complete....it is gonna take me a while but it will be really nice.I have some Carbon Fiber layup to do....been a lot of years since I did it but it is not really as hard as people think.

finally decided on 15" sub in sealed box,I think about 750w is about as much as I can stand in the hatch with it...should build up pressure pretty good.
Old 03-08-2011, 04:53 PM   #67
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Those Corbeaus are sweet!
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:19 PM   #68
bzinn 1

Well I got brackets in today....Wedge Enginering brackets.....brackets attached to seats....seats in car.....

Honestly I need to shim the front a small bit to get maybe 2-3 degrees more tilt back to get the center of gravity feeling like God is cupping you in the seat...lol

I ordered the Airbag Switch Module from CTScott so for now the Airbag light on the speedo is on and the seatbelt light flashes on the passenger seat side of the dash.....just gonna wait till I get the Module plugged in before resetting the battery to clear the seatbelt flashing.....

I like how these fit the car....it is indeed snug,but I sit at least 3" lower in the car now,taking a bit to get used to......I am fairly short so seeing over the dash is a little tougher to park up hill and seeing behind to back out of a parking spot is a little tougher too...but I will get used to it soon enough.

Next....out with rear seat and start the deadening and lots of measurements to install amp and sub.....

I also am keeping track of the amount of weight going out the car and the amount going back in.....deadening,sub,sub box,carbon fiber and resin....hoping to keep the weight going in lowwer than that going out....

So far I am 18 lbs lighter switching the seats....that is my best I was able to weigh...stock seats came out 37-38 on my scale and the Corbeaus and wedge brackets came out to 28-29 on my scale....

Looking forward to weighing the rear seat....it has to go and a 42lb sub and about a 16-20 lb box go in its place.....also about 35lbs sound deadening wil go in .....and an amp weighing in at about 10lbs.....then harness bar has to go in that has to be at least 10lbs.....so my guess is spare and rear seat will average it all out to a zero weight added if I am lucky....

Last edited by bzinn 1; 03-09-2011 at 03:15 AM.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:47 PM   #69
bzinn 1

Much Thanks to CTScott.....his airbag module worked perfectly.....probably the first item ever....that I was able to plug in and walk away,not needing to modify....lol

so if you change out your seats he has the tool to make the airbag work correctly it looks....I like it....I like it a lot....
Old 03-10-2011, 11:40 PM   #70
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
OMG OMG dude where did you get them seats ?> and how much
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:49 AM   #71
bzinn 1

http://www.racing-seats-usa.com/corasepofsel.html

$802 shipped with Wedge Engineering Brackets...the brackets took 5 weeks though to arrive...was a long wait....but honestly it is worth it....they are sweet.....gettign in and out....takes abit of work and a large person would feel cramped....and chicks....well they will never fit....lol
Old 03-11-2011, 12:54 AM   #72
bzinn 1

Just picked this up as well......

http://www.edesignaudio.com/product_...products_id=36

It will go in 1.6cu sealed box ran inverted with motor up......with around 750w pushing it.....it is going to start coming together fast now.....honestly I have been stockpiling parts for a year......

I still got to get header and a resonator and sway bar and harness bar and brakes....nearly 50000 miles and mine are still good but I dont trust them much longer lol