Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-13-2011, 12:11 AM   #73
bzinn 1

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB
So started installing stuff today.......got the big gaudy 5" tach installed....and honestly it is not too bad....kinda silly big...but it fits nicely....

made a mock up sub box out of cardboard.....10.5 x 21 x 18"....to see how well the picture in my head is to the reality of the size of the car........well epic fail....lol

So plan B will go into effect.....I will post up pictures wehn I start on that....probably next weekend as the real sub and box should be there by then....but it is gonna be kinda silly to have the huge amp....huge sub in the tiny car but I think it will work out once the CF floor is in.....

Looks as if the compontents I took out of my tC have managed to freez the motors or my deck will not power them....they are like 50-150w and they took some juice to light them up....so gonna try them on my buddies amp till I get mine installd to see if they froze....I know they are not blown...just sat tooo long....bummer if I cant get them to work.
bzinn 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 04:06 AM   #74
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
Looking forward to seeing everything in June
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 03:08 PM   #75
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
Looking forward to seeing everything in June
What's happening on juneb
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 09:28 PM   #76
bzinn 1

We have an Annual Mt. St. Helens Cruise with the Scions and VWs and Toyotas and Honda's......

Lunch and cruise and get together and potluck....nice view and good friends...
Old 03-14-2011, 02:13 AM   #77
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Sweeet
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 02:33 AM   #78
bzinn 1

yeah I came over to the Yaris side of things from the Scions.....I had a tC and then bought the yaris for a DD....

think last year there must of been at least 40 cars....we have a very good import scene here in the PNW...it was better but it is in a down right now...we used to have lots of dealer and manufacture support....

My favorite thing is Formula Drift each year....the year before last I won Best Paint on my tC....on a stock paint too....lol....but a two year old car with no swirls.....chips....it was beautiful....

We have lots of cool Mopar,Subie,Mazda clubs that interact with us....toyotas are also a big part around here.....the Honda scene for the most part is the most wide spread group....

gonna be a fun year I think in the PNW.....lots of new ideas on modding....not many yaris here modded....heck most have hubcaps still....mine strangely stands out....bit by bit it will get worse...lol
Old 03-15-2011, 10:09 PM   #79
jeeper5usa

Drives: 2011 Toyota Yaris
Can you fill us in on the wind up on the roof? How is made how does it stay put? Thanks
jeeper5usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:22 PM   #80
bzinn 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeper5usa View Post
Can you fill us in on the wind up on the roof? How is made how does it stay put? Thanks
The Wing???

Loks like it is fiberglass wrapped in CF then resin was put over....

There are two screws on the top that hold it,well actually I used Allen bolts,think they are 2" long...may be 1.5" long

You have to drill through the top of hatch....then drill the underside I use a pyramid bit to make a nice 3/4" hole to be able to easily reach the back side and put a bolt on...when you drill the top,you drill all the way through to the under side....slowly....think bit was 1/4".

On the back of the wing there are also two holes...they can be done last....

On the under side that goes on the glass of the window it has 3M tape...

so once you have measured 4-5 times and are sure you got it right...drill top holes.

mine is off 1/8th inch to the right...figured noone but me will notice...lol

I got lucky finding the wing....was on ebay one night and the guy was clearing them out of his shop for like $80.....they normally cost a bit more if you can find them....
Quality wise....it is not a bad piece...better than I expected and it actually fits right first try....
Old 03-15-2011, 10:27 PM   #81
bzinn 1

I have been taking pictures of what is going on this week,will post all of them up at once so it gives some amount of viewer worth to look at.....

Seats installed
Harness bar installed this weekend
Rear set removed
Door panels off and deadening installed and speakers put in till build is complete on door panels.
Tach installed

Still have to install the power wire and rca and speaker wire....
Waiting on the sub and box
Waiting on Harness bar
Still have to install amp....located some parts to be able to use to mount amp to the rear seat framework...

Going to be a busy week next week...thank god I will be on vacation.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:30 PM   #82
bzinn 1

Sorry I forgot......I changed my mind on coilovers and am going to go airbags....

my buddy in the club has a business and he can set me up hopefully and then I can ride some wider wheels and dump it for show and still DD....but that is a while off,my struts still solid so no need to change them out now...maybe summer....
Old 03-17-2011, 05:33 PM   #83
bzinn 1

Here is picture of the sub 16ov.2 Elemental Designs.....600w RMS 1100w max

weighs in at 42lbs,awaiting box....still gotta sound deaden and install amp....that is a 5.25" comp next to for referance to size....lol

Old 03-17-2011, 11:39 PM   #84
bzinn 1

It has been a very nice day......sun was out.....not too cold......

This is what has to go in next......then the amp.......then the sub......giggle....
Old 03-20-2011, 02:09 AM   #85
bzinn 1

Today I managed to get the steering wheel changed over to the tC wheel,I think it actually worked pretty easy....took all of 30min.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:00 PM   #86
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
If it was so easy where's the pic?
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 10:55 PM   #87
bzinn 1

Here is a couple.....really didnt get much done today....

STill got these to run.......

Old 03-22-2011, 01:00 AM   #88
bzinn 1

today was productive.......got that 0/1 ran from battery to fuse to interior of vehicle and to the amp......ground wire for amp in place....RCAs for sub and comps ran to amp from deck......and last but not least the amp is in the car and bolted to the rear seat frame....

I wil get pictures of it tomorrow.....it is literally 30" long and over a foot wide......took up the whole seat frame.

Still gotta run the relay wire from amp to the back of deck so it turns on when deck goes on......
Old 03-22-2011, 10:00 PM   #89
bzinn 1

Took speakers back out today,ran 12gauge wire to the speakers in the doors,ran them to the amp and fired it up......got a lot of tuning to do as the bass in the speakers is a bit too much.......

It all looks pretty bare and basic still......lots of coffee.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:44 AM   #90
bzinn 1

Here is todays work.....would of gotten more done but blew a relay again......its hard to work with 0/1 wire and get it all nice and neat.

It takes the whole back seat lower frame which worked out as a great piece to bolt the amp to....it can be sat on....600-800w sub 1 ohm and 4 channels at 4 ohm 100w each or 2 2 ohm channels bridged at 175w each or 1 channel plus the sub at 350w 1 ohm