Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-22-2007, 03:27 PM   #19
Shroomster
'07 to '12:2 wipers to 1?

Drives: '12 5-door LE & '14 5-door LE
I go for the ones my wal-mart sells near the deli section for a dollar each they're tall boys (24 oz) RIP-it citrus, pomegranate, lime etc...all taste good no after taste but they mkae me feel kittery and shakey as hell unless I'm doing something...
Shroomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 10:04 AM   #20
Yaris Revenge
GIGA...DRILL...BREAKER!!!

Drives: Lagann. ;P
I have mixed feelings about energy drinks. On the one hand, I'm fairly certain they've saved my life on a few late, late, LATE night road trips back home, when I could barely keep my wits about me from fatigue. On the other hand, I've discovered that all but one brand actually causes my heart to develop a severe case of arrhythmia (random heartbeat), sever enough that my heart has actually paused on several occasions, then practically exploded back to life. Needless to say, it's an unnerving, uncomfortable sensation. You go all cold inside for a second. I didn't know the cause initially, but finally narrowed it down to the energy drinks. Once I gave them up, the heart problems disappeared. I think they're not as safe as the "experts" would have us believe, though I expect i may be more sensitive than most. I shudder every time I see parents buying them for their 10 year olds (as if kids need any more energy!).

Sobe has a fairly new kind of drink out called "Essential Energy" that has a much safer-looking ingredients list. I got brave and tried it, and thus far have not had any ill effects. I still limit my intake to maybe one every 3 or 4 weeks, just in case (usually when I stay up really late the night before). Not that I drank many before... maybe every 3rd morning, and never more than 1 during a day.

It's interesting to note that I'm all but immune to the caffeine found in coffee.

~YR
Old 07-27-2007, 10:33 AM   #21
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Monster, Rockstar, Cocaine, Jolt...

But if you're really serious, grab a couple of those 5 hour energy shots from GNC. WOOOOOOOO!
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 10:34 AM   #22
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
I had a friend who was the total opposite... he'd drink a couple bottles of red bull and promptly fall asleep for a few hours afterwards... weiiird...

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 11:08 AM   #23
Yaris Revenge

Does Jolt have an energy drink out, or are you talking about the normal cola? Plain Jolt isn't really impressive, or at least it wasn't several years back. It was on par with Mellow Yellow and Mountain Dew then. Normal coffee has twice the caffeine of any of those.

Monster is some scary sh1t. Used to be my favorite!

"Lost" energy drink was the 1st one to mess me up. Haven't looked at the label recently, but on the old black/white pop culture-styled labels, the Hawaiian girl on the side had the Monster "M" tattooed on her ankle. I think it's made by Monster, though nowhere else on the can was Monster mentioned. But that kinda' gives it away, no?

~YR
Old 07-27-2007, 11:11 AM   #24
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
Was your friend really tired? Because I did that last year during finals. Drink some redbull and drove back home and instantly fell asleep...
Due to exhaustion perhaps...?

Hey tiksman....is that an import one or what. Its got arabic/urdu of the drink's name and some content written on it. Just curious..
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 02:43 AM   #25
flight_simmer
Caffienated 'til Dawn

Drives: Blazing Blue LB
If you want some massive caffeine, try the noname energy drink formerly known as Cocaine (http://www.drinkcocaineshop.com/). I bought a case of 24 around a month ago, and I haven't even drank 10 of them due to their potency. The maker claims that one of these little suckers has over 3 times the caffeine of a Red Bull (recommended no more than 2 a day). They have a weird, strawberry / fruity flavor with an evil burning sensation on the way down . The cut version of these promises the same flavor, no burn, but I have yet to try them.
flight_simmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 02:58 AM   #26
njyaris
YARIS NEWBIE

Drives: YARIS 07 LIFTBACK
Send a message via AIM to njyaris Send a message via Yahoo to njyaris
forget the energy drinks i choose meth ... you get up much faster and the high is so much cleaner .. but it takes a full day or two to come down .. LOL j/k .. been there done that!
Old 07-29-2007, 09:12 PM   #27
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Rockstar tastes like urine...and believe me i know this.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:10 AM   #28
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by redyaris View Post
Rockstar tastes like urine...and believe me i know this.
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 09:12 AM   #29
Yaris Revenge

Rockstar Juiced is good though... 70% fruit juice. Can't go wrong there.

Red, why oh why do you know what urine tastes like?

~YR
Old 07-30-2007, 09:25 AM   #30
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Someone did the Pepsi Challenge a little too drunk.........

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 11:38 AM   #31
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Its a long and unneccessary story. Lets just say I didnt intend to taste urine. At least it was female.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:50 PM   #32
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by redyaris View Post
Its a long and unneccessary story. Lets just say I didnt intend to taste urine. At least it was female.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 02:28 PM   #33
Yaris Revenge

OMG, I can imagine how that went down!

(**Met her at a Star Wars convention, did I mention, she was lookin' for love?**)

~YR
Old 07-31-2007, 02:39 PM   #34
Kaotic Lazagna

who, what went down? lol...i kid, i kid.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:55 AM   #35
Sabretooth
37HSSV

Drives: '11 Mazdaspeed 3
Send a message via AIM to Sabretooth
I wouldnt touch Energy drinks anymore, I work at a Beer wholesaler who actually carries the Monster brand energy drinks. We have about 8 different types with about 5 different packages, anyway...

Ask anyone who works at a Walmart where they store it, they might tell you a horror story about the floors. This being that if you leave an energy drink spill on the ground too long, it will tear the sealant right off the floor surface. Not to mention semi-bleach it. We dont even bother to upkeep floors in the area where monster is kept, just sweep and spot mop. We used to surface it every 3 months, but that changed when it would kill the new seal within a day.

Long story short, if you have an oil spot in the driveway, go buy a 24oz Monster Assault, it works the best. Just scrub and rinse. Just think what it can do to your stomach if it can basically eat through weak concrete.
Sabretooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 04:38 AM   #36
Kaotic Lazagna

the liquid in your stomach is pretty acidic. the pH is somewhere near 2, i think. i don't think Monster will do harm, but you did give me an idea for my garage. thanks...i'm going to try to get all those oil spots out. but all after my final. quick question, will any energy drink work, like the cheaper ones?