Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-22-2009, 01:54 PM   #37
Russelt3hPirate
l33t3st Asshole

Drives: MY07 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDefeat View Post
So thanks for your opinion, but in the future keep in mind the spirit of the thread, and keep the trolling to yourself.

kthxbai
will do.

in the spirit of the thread.

2 turbos, 2 full exhausts, 2 intercoolers.

if you like car shows then you'll get points, if you like performance you'd might as well do the following

1 turbo, 1 full exhaust, 1 intercooler

and be golden. :D
Old 04-24-2009, 01:49 PM   #38
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
Quote:
. If this makes no sense what so ever, please let me know, and why.
Quote:

So thanks for your opinion, but in the future keep in mind the spirit of the thread, and keep the trolling to yourself.

kthxbai
i can do nothing but LMFAO at this.

where are you going to put your throttle bodies and mass airflow sensors?

but more importantly, where are you going to put two turbos in a yaris engine bay?
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 03:08 PM   #39
Russelt3hPirate
l33t3st Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamago View Post
i can do nothing but LMFAO at this.

where are you going to put your throttle bodies and mass airflow sensors?

but more importantly, where are you going to put two turbos in a yaris engine bay?
that's not the point, this conversation is built on hopes and dreams not reality.

A properly setup single turbo system in a yaris will out perform a twin turbo yaris any day simply b/c the single turbo will have more time on the road with more tuning. the twin turbo is still in the shop trying to figure out how to run the intercooler piping while still keeping the stock battery, b/c the customer wants to keep his cool battery tie down.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:23 PM   #40
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
while still keeping the stock battery, b/c the customer wants to keep his cool battery tie down.
oh snap, that's where I figured to put the second turbo.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 03:25 PM   #41
Tamago

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
oh snap, that's where I figured to put the second turbo.
ZING!!!!!
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Old 04-24-2009, 04:39 PM   #42
CtrlAltDefeat
I ♥ Yaris

Drives: Black 08 LB MT & red 97 Miata
so they can twin-charge a yaris, twin-turbo a Miata, and twin charge a mini cooper , but a 2 small turbos in a yaris is laughable... ok...

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure
and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell
CtrlAltDefeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:42 PM   #43
Russelt3hPirate
l33t3st Asshole

Quote:
so they can twin-charge a yaris, twin-turbo a Miata, and twin charge a mini cooper , but a 2 small turbos in a yaris is laughable... ok...
yes it is laughable.

the twin turbo miata is laughable too, but they do have more room to play with.

twin charging <> twin turbo (if you don't grasp that, we'd be glad to help you understand why they aren't the same).
Old 04-24-2009, 05:14 PM   #44
ka0sx

Drives: bone f*ing stock
If you do ever go through with this then. definitely go twin to single intake but run the turbos sequentially.
ka0sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 05:24 PM   #45
Russelt3hPirate
l33t3st Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka0sx View Post
If you do ever go through with this then. definitely go twin to single intake but run the turbos sequentially.
you think there is enough exhaust gases to warrant a sequential setup?

seems a little backwards since even the 3.0ltr supras consider a non sequential setup an upgrade.

but then again this thread seems to be more towards the hard parkers anyway.
Old 04-24-2009, 05:28 PM   #46
ka0sx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russelt3hPirate View Post
you think there is enough exhaust gases to warrant a sequential setup?

seems a little backwards since even the 3.0ltr supras consider a non sequential setup an upgrade.

but then again this thread seems to be more towards the hard parkers anyway.
non sequential is good for straight roads. I usually drive twistiest. so having one turbo start boosting early gives you an ease in without having the sudden surge of power snapping your tires loose from the ground mid turn. I like a balanced power band. However If he does this or not is up to him, its owner pref. I guess.

as to being enough gasses, yes there is, I have seen even turbo charged lawn mowers.
Old 04-24-2009, 05:52 PM   #47
Russelt3hPirate
l33t3st Asshole

Quote:
non sequential is good for straight roads. I usually drive twistiest. so having one turbo start boosting early gives you an ease in without having the sudden surge of power snapping your tires loose from the ground mid turn. I like a balanced power band. However If he does this or not is up to him, its owner pref. I guess.

as to being enough gasses, yes there is, I have seen even turbo charged lawn mowers.
seems like a hack.

make a stout mildly high compression motor (9.5:1) that makes decent power off boost then slap on a properly sized turbo 16g TD05 for example.

make about 275whp have full boost by 3500 rpm and be golden.

i said enough gases to warrant the sequential part of it. how often when in the "twisties" are you below 3k RPM?
Old 04-24-2009, 05:59 PM   #48
ka0sx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russelt3hPirate View Post
seems like a hack.

make a stout mildly high compression motor (9.5:1) that makes decent power off boost then slap on a properly sized turbo 16g TD05 for example.

make about 275whp have full boost by 3500 rpm and be golden.

i said enough gases to warrant the sequential part of it. how often when in the "twisties" are you below 3k RPM?
in my old car? i never left 3rd gear, so 30% of the time, thank god for balanced runners, full torque 2400-6400 rpm.

I'm not going to argue with you as you seem to be stubborn as a mule on your opinion and apparently yours is the only one that counts. No one should ever do anything that is a viable solution everyone must conform.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:03 PM   #49
Russelt3hPirate
l33t3st Asshole

Quote:
in my old car? i never left 3rd gear, so 30% of the time, thank god for balanced runners, full torque 2400-6400 rpm.

I'm not going to argue with you as you seem to be stubborn as a mule on your opinion and apparently yours is the only one that counts. No one should ever do anything that is a viable solution everyone must conform.
I'm just waiting for someone to actually come up with a viable solution that is better then the one presented above.

feel free to do so.

I'll wait here why you try and figure out how to fit two turbos in a yaris......

haha, being different simply to be different is as bad if not worse then conforming to a well thought out performance setup that will be simple to setup/maintain and will make power.

then again it is up to you, i'm merely on the other side of the internets voicing my mule of an opinion. :)
Old 04-24-2009, 08:23 PM   #50
Tamago

"i" have already proven that a "too large" VF39 meant for a subaru STI is a perfectly feasable and good-spooling turbo for a 10.5:1 1nzfe

but hey, let's not listen to the people that know, let's talk out of our ass with no actual knowledge on the subject, and flame anyone with an opinion that is unlike our own.
you nailed it sir.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:03 AM   #51
CtrlAltDefeat
I ♥ Yaris

The reason I started this thread was basically to wonder aloud the advantages of 2 small, quicker spooling turbos with smaller pipes over 1 large turbo with large pipes, not to start a flame war over who knows what, and what experience you've had... Like they say... arguing over the internet is like competing in the special olympics; you may win, but you're still retarded...

Old 04-25-2009, 03:06 AM   #52
Tamago

Quote:
. Like they say... arguing over the internet is like competing in the special olympics; you may win, but you're still retarded...
agreed, so quit saying it's a good idea and we'll quit proving you wrong

they also say..

insanity is doing (in your case, saying) the same thing over and over, expecting different results
you nailed it sir.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:19 AM   #53
CtrlAltDefeat
I ♥ Yaris

Uh you won't prove any one wrong unless you somehow prove that no one on the planet can make a twin turbo yaris and that no one would ever appreciate driving it. You aren't proving any thing with flames and insults, either. Hypothetical questions are just that, hypothetical. If everyone refused to even give a hypothetical question a chance, we would still be living in caves. Why don't you give it a rest and go troll another forum. Everyone here already knows your opinion.

Old 04-25-2009, 03:22 AM   #54
Tamago

Quote:
Uh you won't prove any one wrong unless you somehow prove that no one on the planet can make a twin turbo yaris and that no one would ever appreciate driving it. You aren't proving any thing with flames and insults, either. Hypothetical questions are just that, hypothetical. If everyone refused to even give a hypothetical question a chance, we would still be living in caves. Why don't you give it a rest and go troll another forum. Everyone here already knows your opinion.
ok ok

hypothetically it's possible

you win.
you nailed it sir.