Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-28-2012, 10:47 AM   #1
nine23
HondaOwner

Drives: 07 Yaris stock
not sure what to do

I am new to the forum and the only reason i got on here is because of my wifes car. I am hoping I can get some help! So its an 07 and its got about 125k on the motor... I have replaced the belt because it was squealing and it stopped for a while. Then gradually there started to be a little rattle sound which gradually got worse. The the belt started squealing again but it only does it when you first start the car up after its been sitting. Then the freon leaked out one day while it was raining so i wasnt able to tell where it came from. So now it doesnt have ac, it squeals when you first start it up and it sounds like a bearing is out somewhere.... If you are just sitting not in gear it doesnt rattle but once you put it in gear and give it gas is when the rattling occurs. Sorry for the long story but any advice will help... I just dont want to take it apart until i have somewhat of an idea first
nine23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:49 AM   #2
nine23
HondaOwner

Drives: 07 Yaris stock
I did get under the car and it sounds like there is a slight sound coming form the ac clutch/bearing and it has a slight movement to it in and out while the car is off... dont know if its related or not
nine23 is offline   Reply With Quote