Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-28-2007, 09:53 PM   #1
localnet

Drives: 07 Dodge Ram 1500
ZPI Turbo question?

I just picked up my 07 Yaris yesterday. I put the wheels on her and am getting the TRD exhaust and TRD short shift tomorrow.

I am new to the yaris and their after market suppliers. So tell me about ZPI?

I am ready to pull the trigger on their bolt on turbo kit and racing clutch.

So what is their rep her, and who has bolted on their turbo?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Mike
localnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 10:57 PM   #2
Jerkratt

Drives: 08 Yaris Liftback S (RIP 07)
Send a message via AIM to Jerkratt
well as far as i know you lose your front o2 sencer which in return throws a CEL (check engine light) that turned me away from it and i have also heared that there crack pulley fucked a scion up.... could have been how ther person installed it but idk thats my opinion on them
Old 06-28-2007, 10:59 PM   #3
turboyaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to turboyaris
people have mixed opinions about the guys over at zpi, I personally have dealt with them a lot, and feel they are nice honest guys. You must keep in mind that it is 4-5 guys running an incredibly busy shop, even I can't get a hold of kenny most days. When you do however, he is sure to answer all your questions. He isnt one to take lip from people so don't shoot your mouth off and you will be fine with him. As for their parts. I have them on my vehicle now. I just passed about 12k miles on the kit without issue. I have their crank pulley, turbo kit, clutch, and full exhaust. I like it all. I may be changing the canister on the exhaust to something with a little more looks. The car is wicked quick and as I have said before when driving gingerly your gas milage actually increases. As for other people with the kit, The only other one I know of is spkrman, as most everyone else is waiting for their warranties to expire. Do you have someone in the area that will install it? or are you capable? It is a time consuming task, not overly difficult for me, but for some it may be too much. If you havent read it, I got 182 whp and 184 ft lbs of torque on the dyno, and since have added nology hot wires and some other small mods. I should also be finished my manifold soon which will hopefully show a sizeable increase in power. So keep on the lookout. But in my opinion, ZPI is the way to go.
turboyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:01 PM   #4
turboyaris

yes the cel is on (minor dilema) go big or go home haha thats my philosophy. There is no way around it though, because the front o2 sensor is in charge of the learning ecu, can't have performance if your ecu keeps messing with everything. Other thing I forgot to say is if your buying the kit, ask them to upgrade to the emanage ultimate to take out the speed and change the rev limiters. I have personally hit 118 fairly easily, just think it would be cool to do about 135-140 in a yaris hahaha.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:07 PM   #5
localnet

Turboyaris,

Do you have any 0-60 or 1/4 mile times?

As far as the install, I can do the turbo end. The clutch will go to the shop.

Oh, and do you have the auto or manual tranny?

Mike
Old 06-28-2007, 11:10 PM   #6
localnet

I think a tach in my LB will be needed too. Any nice factory looking mounts or pods out yet?
Old 06-28-2007, 11:37 PM   #7
joey1320

Drives: Yaris LB
i have dealt with zpi with their crank pulley and the exhaust flange for the head, since i'm putting a turbo kit together myself. they were very nice and i got the parts delivered the next day which caught me by surprise.

and by reading about "turboyaris", "spkrman" and a lot of guys from scionlife.com i know they do a good turbo kit.

if you want a stock looking tach you should get this gauge pod from "etimago" he is one of the main guys here from thailand, who can get a lot of parts we can't. it goes on your "glove box' over the steering wheel and looks awesome when done. pm him for more info.

good luck with your turbo!
joey1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 11:42 PM   #8
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
I am still debating on that Cluster... because I need a damn tach
Old 06-28-2007, 11:48 PM   #9
joey1320

Drives: Yaris LB
heres how i did my gauges. if i had to do it over i'll used white face gauges which you can see better during the day.

gauge pics
joey1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 12:56 AM   #10
cm07yaris

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Blazing Blue
Send a message via AIM to cm07yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by joey1320 View Post
heres how i did my gauges. if i had to do it over i'll used white face gauges which you can see better during the day.

gauge pics
I'm in love with the autometer Nexus gauges!
cm07yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 12:57 AM   #11
cm07yaris

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Blazing Blue
Send a message via AIM to cm07yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Yaris View Post
I am still debating on that Cluster... because I need a damn tach
I'm debating as well, I am very tempted to just order one up. What sizes fit in there? 3 3/8" and 2- 2 5/8"?
cm07yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 01:55 AM   #12
YarisGuy

Drives: 2006 Yaris
ZPI has more of a bad reputation than good. Do some searching on these forums before you decide to jump into bed with them. I've done a little searching on the Scion forums the last couple weeks and the evidence in the case against them keeps mounting. In the end everyone will do what they want, just search and make an educated decision.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:46 AM   #13
YarisGuy

Drives: 2006 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by localnet View Post
I just picked up my 07 Yaris yesterday. I put the wheels on her and am getting the TRD exhaust and TRD short shift tomorrow.

Mike
And you might want to check out www.NonStopTuning.com
A lot of us have ordered their short shift kit and crank pulley. A few bucks cheaper than TRD and they sponsor these forums
Old 06-29-2007, 04:01 AM   #14
turboyaris

14.3 was my best time with a 2.4 60' time (which is really bad, kinda hard to launch on stock tires) and a trap speed of 97 which should be in the 13s no 60' times, never really cared too much about measuring everything you know.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:03 AM   #15
turboyaris

i have a set of autometer nexus gauges, i think i have all of them or 6 of the original 7 not sure how many they have anymore, prob boost oil press oil temp water temp maybe voltmeter, not sure i would have to check for sure, but they are brand new in box, I am willing to sell them.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:06 AM   #16
Nigal

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboyaris View Post
I got 182 whp and 184 ft lbs of torque on the dyno,
Jumpin' Jesus on a pogo stick! I gotta get me one of these!
Nigal is offline   Reply With Quote