Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > California
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-04-2007, 02:36 AM   #1
jenhao

Drives: Toyota Prius
Question Pricing on 2007 LB

Hi all,

I am planning to buy a 2007 Yaris LB in the next 2 weeks in LA area and would like to get some inputs from you regarding pricing before talking to the "stealers".

The options I have in mind are:

Automatic
Power Package
Keyless entry
Carpet

MSRP = $14,380

What kind of offer do you think I would be able to negotiate and how difficult is it now to find the Yaris I want?

Thanks in advance!
jenhao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 03:47 AM   #2
DuckinOut
QUACK~!!!!!

Drives: Yaris LB
Send a message via AIM to DuckinOut
are you planning to pay for it in full???? or financing????

DuckinOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:03 PM   #3
black2yaris
The Man In Black Lives

Drives: Black Sand Pearl L/B 'o7
expect to pay near sticker .. as the cars are selling well .. meaning that if u don't buy it someone soon will ..
2007 2 door hatchback in Black Sand Pearl, A/T,rear spoiler,front & rear JDM badges,TRD CAI,TRD rear sway bar,exhaust tip,sill protectors,heximats,under dash blue LED's,short rubber ant,rear bumper protector,Toyota thin 7 spoke alloy wheels,pwr pkg,ABS,side curtain airbags,rear defogger,fog lights,mud guards,TYC tail lights,shift knob,tint all windows,security sys,keyless entry,clear paint protection all exposed front surfaces,TRD fuel cap,rubber dash & g/b mats
black2yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 01:31 PM   #4
jenhao

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckinOut View Post
are you planning to pay for it in full???? or financing????
I will finance it.

Has anyone used e-loan or capital one auto loan before? If I bring a E-loan check to the dealer, I should be able to negotiate like paying cash, right?

Thanks again!
Old 09-04-2007, 02:02 PM   #5
reznunt
Hi!

Drives: EF Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by black2yaris View Post
expect to pay near sticker .. as the cars are selling well .. meaning that if u don't buy it someone soon will ..
no way. this is what they tell customers so they don't have to budge on the price. if you believe them then you might as well pay sticker because that's the best deal you are going to get.

the truth is, the salesman always wants to sell a car. they aren't going to wait around for someone else to buy it to make a few extra hundered bucks for the dealership. play a few dealerships against each other and you'll see how low they can really go. tell the dealership you are talking to that longo has the exact car you are looking at for $xx cheaper otd. use longo as your lowest price since other dealerships have no access to their inventory and longo doesn't do dealer trades. for the options you listed, $14k otd or less would be a good area to target for. it might take you about a week or so and traveling to a bunch of dealerships, but it's worth it to get the best deal.
reznunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 02:39 PM   #6
jenhao

Quote:
Originally Posted by reznunt View Post
no way. this is what they tell customers so they don't have to budge on the price. if you believe them then you might as well pay sticker because that's the best deal you are going to get.

the truth is, the salesman always wants to sell a car. they aren't going to wait around for someone else to buy it to make a few extra hundered bucks for the dealership. play a few dealerships against each other and you'll see how low they can really go. tell the dealership you are talking to that longo has the exact car you are looking at for $xx cheaper otd. use longo as your lowest price since other dealerships have no access to their inventory and longo doesn't do dealer trades. for the options you listed, $14k otd or less would be a good area to target for. it might take you about a week or so and traveling to a bunch of dealerships, but it's worth it to get the best deal.
Thanks for the tip!
Old 09-04-2007, 03:35 PM   #7
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
You can get close to $1,000 under that MSRP I'm sure. Just haggle, and most of all MAKE THEM SHOW YOU INVOICE. You can get invoice pricing.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 01:52 AM   #8
DuckinOut
QUACK~!!!!!

Drives: Yaris LB
Send a message via AIM to DuckinOut
unless you have AAA insurance, you can get the AAA discounted price for fully loaded . you would need to contact AAA and they will get you a print out of the discounted price

DuckinOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:29 AM   #9
jenhao

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckinOut View Post
unless you have AAA insurance, you can get the AAA discounted price for fully loaded . you would need to contact AAA and they will get you a print out of the discounted price
Costco member price is $100 above invoice, it doesn't sound as good as the other members here negotiated. I looked at a dealer invoice and it actually includes $361 dealer hold back in the invoice price, which means there is at least $361 profit even they claim they are not making any money by selling at invoice.

I will try to see if I can do better than the costco price on the 2007's. If not, I will just wait for the 08's to arrive and get it with costco price.