Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-24-2007, 10:42 PM   #1
91drggndime
baggn n draggn

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to 91drggndime
Problems with factory CD Player

We have the standard mp3/wma CD player come in our car and when I burn MP3 cd's.. they play fine for a day or so and if its warm. If the car is cold, it takes FOREVER to read the cd.. literally 5-10 mins into the drive it will kick in. If the CD has been played for more then a day or so, it will play and in the middle of the song, just stop and it wont change songs or anything.. you have eject and reinsert to get it to re-read and most of the time, it pops up 'error 1'.

no the cd's arent scratched, i keep them in cases.

is this going to be the normal and time for a change?

2007 Pacific Blue Yaris Sedan - wifes kid carrier and daily
1999.5 Brilliant Black Audi A4 - boosted 16 psi, supporting mods, s4 interior, you know, shit you cant get in the yaris.
91drggndime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:40 PM   #2
jamal1984
The Beautification of Car

Drives: Toyota Yaris S
Send a message via MSN to jamal1984
my sedan play everything i burned, i burn mp3/wma under BURN DATA, i think it either your CD Player or the software you use to burn your mp3.
jamal1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:44 AM   #3
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91drggndime View Post
We have the standard mp3/wma CD player come in our car and when I burn MP3 cd's.. they play fine for a day or so and if its warm. If the car is cold, it takes FOREVER to read the cd.. literally 5-10 mins into the drive it will kick in. If the CD has been played for more then a day or so, it will play and in the middle of the song, just stop and it wont change songs or anything.. you have eject and reinsert to get it to re-read and most of the time, it pops up 'error 1'.

no the cd's arent scratched, i keep them in cases.

is this going to be the normal and time for a change?
are you using rewritable cd's, I had this same issue and went to Toyota about it, some things they told me to try were, use regular non-rewritable cd, try and burn at a slower speed, use a lower quality file (128)
everything seemed to work fine after I went to regular cd's, i did not have to change anything else
Black Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 02:25 AM   #4
Razr
YRS WHOR

Drives: White 2007 Yaris E-Limited 5dr
If it seems to be temperature related, you might want to check whether the blanks you're using physcially distort or not.. Many cheaper blanks do this, and pretty much any blank can if you've labelled it (as the label and the disc contract/expand at different rates).

It only takes a millimeter or two of "warp" to make it difficult to read.
Razr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 03:12 PM   #5
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
i saw this happen, it depends on the media really..
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 08:47 PM   #6
91drggndime
baggn n draggn

they are rewritables.. as much as the gf and i burn, we were trying to save some cash and go that route. they arent the cheap ones but they arent the most expensive one either.

i will switch it to a regular cd and try that.

i do burn using DATA CD and i use whatever came on this PC. i think its called Sonic Digital Media.

I will try what is listed above and see what happens. Thanks

1999.5 Brilliant Black Audi A4 - boosted 16 psi, supporting mods, s4 interior, you know, shit you cant get in the yaris.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:55 PM   #7
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
try just using windows XP drag and burn method with regular CD's, don't need no fancy burning program
Black Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 09:04 PM   #8
Blenjar

Drives: Black Yaris 07 HB
Send a message via AIM to Blenjar
maybe ur CDs suck...what's the speed on it? did u buy it at the flee market or sumthin?

-- Blen
Blenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 09:16 PM   #9
91drggndime
baggn n draggn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenjar View Post
maybe ur CDs suck...what's the speed on it? did u buy it at the flee market or sumthin?

-- Blen
the computer is brand new and no the cd's dont suck.. if you're of no use, click the back button.. damn.

if we dont burn mp3 cd's its great.. her mp3 cd she burned not long ago works fine.. its just been my few and we burn the same way... oh well.. i'll figure it out or rip it out and get busy with the indash and complete system.

Old 03-25-2007, 09:37 PM   #10
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
get rhapsody, get an mp3 player, shuck the cd's
Old 03-25-2007, 09:41 PM   #11
jdubau55

Drives: 2007 White Yaris LB 5 Spd.
Send a message via AIM to jdubau55 Send a message via Yahoo to jdubau55
I have mp3 cd's I have had for years. All play fine. I use just normal ol' cd-r's. I also use Nero 7. I burn at a full 48x and have not yet had a problem with the factory cd player reading a cd. You dont save any money on cd-rw really. You can get a 100 stack for like 10 bux online.
jdubau55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 11:04 PM   #12
bugnuts

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback BBP
I use different types of media: sony, memorex, staples brand, cdr, cdrw whatever...Plus three or more different programs to burn with: Burnatonce, Nero, Musicmatch Jukebox (mostly). I have only had a few slow loading, Maybe try burning at a slower speed, like around 8-10 yeah it will take longer but you will get a better burn.