Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Items for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2009, 08:11 PM   #1
kngrsll
Apexing Egg!!

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris white hatch
Send a message via AIM to kngrsll
TRD Helical LSD

Hey guys, i bought this on ebay last week bc it was a great deal, but i had no idea what it took to install it. It requires a near full transmission rebuild. Anyways, i have installed several RWD LSD's and thought this would be about as easy, although i should have looked into it before i bought it. If you have the skill or the money ($400-600 seems to be average installation cost), then it is a great deal.

After doing some research, i found that the xB tranny is identical to the yaris tranny, minus a couple extra bolt holes. The xB tranny has shorter gearing due to a 4.3 final gear, versus the 3.7 in the yaris box. After looking on scion life, alot of guys were intrested in having a taller gear, thus making the yaris gearbox a lucrative item to them. Anyways, what i would do is buy an xB transmission, have the LSD installed (or do it myself since you have all the time in the world), then swap the transmission out. Then sell your yaris tranny on scionlife.com. I would do it myself, but i live in a small apartment in charleston with no garage and little tools while i am in school. I do small jobs at a friends place, but something like this is a little much, especially starting a new research project. Again, i had every intention of a quick easy install, i just let my excitement get the best of me.

So here is the LSD as i bought it on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3AIT&viewitem=

so, hopefully someone here could use it quicker than i can. if i dont find anyone interested, ill just keep it and save it for when i finish school (year and half) but in the mean time, id rather get new brake pads, lines, and tires with this money.

I paid $650 for it, as you may or may not know, the TRD quaife helical retails for $1200-1400. Hence why i bought it in a hurry LOL! I would like to get that amount back since its a great deal, but i will entertain offers. Thanks guys!

Ken

(cliffs: bought LSD, no time or place to install, my loss = your gain)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LSD.JPG (21.3 KB, 649 views)