Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-09-2009, 02:52 PM   #1
freeridelectric

Drives: Electric Yaris 05 Silverado,01
Electric Yaris is here!

Well hello Yaris brothers and sisters.

I once had a thread on here that read Electric Yaris $42,020.00. I quess some guber hacked the site and it is gone with many other threads.

http://www.hybridtechnologies.com/

My Yaris is now here. I have had it for all most a month.

The car is pretty neat. I like it. It had some problems. It would beeb and then shut off power. It did this at high speeds more than low. I consider this a small glitch. I have gone 70 miles at 55mph or better and another 25 miles in the city on one charge. The car meters indicated I had approx 15 miles left. Recently I tried to do all city driving to get the range in the city. I went 106.4 in the city according to Garmin GPS. The speedo is approx 4 miles fast so the odometer read 114.4. I go from Garmin GPS because I believe it to be more accurate than the odometer. None of the driving above would be considered hyper-mile driving. I think it will go 120 with carful driving under 40-45 mph. I like to put the pedal to the floor at red lights, the gas cars really have to burn a lot of fuel to keep up.

Most of the components are off the shelve. Asure controler, Solectria motor. The BMS is proprietary and the charger I have not yet identified. I like the car very much. Hope it last a long time or atleased 1500 cycles. Take Care Freeridelectric.
freeridelectric is offline   Reply With Quote