Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-11-2013, 05:57 PM   #1
bentjazz

Drives: 2009 Yaris--3dr MT
School story....

Am going back to school after all these years, and bought a garage pass for my 2010 Yaris. I had to register the car online with the school. So I go online, go to the make drop box, select Toyota and then go to the model drop box and voila, no Yaris. They had the Echo in their database of Toyota vehicles, but no Yaris. Kind of funny, so I just chose Echo and went from there....
I guess this is just another reason for us Yaris owners to feel as if we're speciallllllllll.....
bentjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:56 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
That's pretty funny. I bet the Edsel is in their top 10.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:23 AM   #3
bairjo

Better rethink how current that school is on the curriculum...the auto mechanics degree probably still teaches starting a car with a crank... JKJKJK!
bairjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 03:47 PM   #4
yougojay
25, 550 MILES!

Drives: Yaris L Coupe
LOL

You have to wonder what other vehicles are listed in the database still!
I can sort of see why Yaris owners de-badge - I think I'd like to RE-Badge...

That would really throw some folks off, including the people at the local Toyota dealer. De-Yaris & Re-Badge Toyota...: Belta, Cami, Picnic, Opa, etc. Heck, slap a Chevette emblem on the back - peeps behind you would be thinking, 'they still make Chevettes'? -

I DO think it would be funny to add a few Toyota 'Liter' (Litre) emblems on the front quarters, or just one on the back (4.6, 4.3, 4.7) Only the true car buffs would notice & think WTF? That things got a V6, V8 in it?????
yougojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:50 PM   #5
harda toenail

Drives: Want a yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by yougojay View Post

That would really throw some folks off, including the people at the local Toyota dealer. De-Yaris & Re-Badge Toyota...: Belta, Cami, Picnic, Opa, etc. Heck, slap a Chevette emblem on the back - peeps behind you would be thinking, 'they still make Chevettes'? -

I DO think it would be funny to add a few Toyota 'Liter' (Litre) emblems on the front quarters, or just one on the back (4.6, 4.3, 4.7) Only the true car buffs would notice & think WTF? That things got a V6, V8 in it?????
That would be funny too to stick a HEMI badge on the back and sides lol. Throw this on the hood too lol
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NHRA-Hood-Sc...dac02c&vxp=mtr
harda toenail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:52 PM   #6
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by yougojay View Post

Look at YouTube, etc. GT-R engine in a Juke.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote