Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-26-2022, 12:12 PM   #1
michael.pxvx

Drives: 2009 3dr 1.5l Auto Base
Is the ABS not working or just not there…

So i have an 09 base 2dr. I’m seeing everywhere that every yaris beginning 2009 has standard ABS, but mine slides on snow like a puck on ice, no brake pulsing. The ABS light isn’t on but it’s there, so what am I missing? I know my brakes are way over due for service but that can’t have any correlation right?
michael.pxvx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2022, 01:28 PM   #2
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Does the ABS light come on when you turn on the ignition? And then go out once the car starts?
Old 12-26-2022, 03:34 PM   #3
sh0rtlife

Drives: 2007 5dr canadian import
i cant help but wonder if some of the canadian units didnt have it..easpecialy "early" 09's

isnt there a relay or fuse you can pull to dissable the abs?

honestly im tickled pink mine DOESNT have ABS....and so long as your not just jambng on the brakes works great in the snow and ice...TIRES ARE EVERYTHING!
sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 06:10 AM   #4
Manuty

Drives: Toyota Yaris
It is worth contacting the master and it is best not to ride it in bad weather. While you're occupied with repairs, you'll have some free time to utilize. Consider exploring the Parimatch website and discovering something that piques your interest. Personally, I enjoy sports betting, which can offer substantial winnings with minimal effort.

Last edited by Manuty; 07-04-2023 at 01:26 AM.
Manuty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2022, 07:59 AM   #5
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0rtlife View Post
i cant help but wonder if some of the canadian units didnt have it..easpecialy "early" 09's

isnt there a relay or fuse you can pull to dissable the abs?

honestly im tickled pink mine DOESNT have ABS....and so long as your not just jambng on the brakes works great in the snow and ice...TIRES ARE EVERYTHING!
Statistically ABS Has made no difference in the number of accidents or fatalities.

In fact some studies indicate those things go up because people are overconfident and drive faster than they should. They think ABS will save them.
Old 12-29-2022, 11:23 AM   #6
sh0rtlife

Drives: 2007 5dr canadian import
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsin View Post
Statistically ABS Has made no difference in the number of accidents or fatalities.

In fact some studies indicate those things go up because people are overconfident and drive faster than they should. They think ABS will save them.
YUP ditto for all the other fancy "anti-insert object here"

i adore the fact the yaris ive got doesnt have ABS..and curse the ABS thats on the explorer that is VERY effective at trying to put you in a ditch in gavel and snow...the f350 SD i used for a many years couldnt be trusted when the weather turned, between the abs and the traction control it was nothing but a ditch finder...meanwhile my 89 caravan was a rented mule that could be driven HARD without a care in the world..no abs
sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote