Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-27-2022, 11:22 AM   #1
Huevito

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Transmission issues after 1nzfet swap

Hello I recently completed my first project engine swap and have my second gen sedan rolling but my issue now is my transmission, code p0500 I swapped out the sensor(s) and no luck. So the story to it is I kept the JDM transmission that came with the motor since almost all of the connections and sensors matched the US transmission, the only problem was the JDM transmission had a port cover where the speed sensor is located I removed it and installed the transmission speed sensor from the US transmission and now my car will not shift past 3rd gear. I was eventually going to swap to a manual transmission but for transportation reasons I needed to drive is sooner than expected. Anyway any help would be greatly appreciated thank you! Oh it’s an automatic transmission just in case you didn’t catch that. 😎🤙
Huevito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2023, 03:17 AM   #2
Compeer

Drives: NCP90 TRD Yaris Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huevito View Post
Hello I recently completed my first project engine swap and have my second gen sedan rolling but my issue now is my transmission, code p0500 I swapped out the sensor(s) and no luck. So the story to it is I kept the JDM transmission that came with the motor since almost all of the connections and sensors matched the US transmission, the only problem was the JDM transmission had a port cover where the speed sensor is located I removed it and installed the transmission speed sensor from the US transmission and now my car will not shift past 3rd gear. I was eventually going to swap to a manual transmission but for transportation reasons I needed to drive is sooner than expected. Anyway any help would be greatly appreciated thank you! Oh it’s an automatic transmission just in case you didn’t catch that. 😎🤙
Try using the jdm speed sensor, Are the wire colours the same? Changing a plug is no big deal, these day you can get solder conections you heat with a lighter to belt, some of those and you can quickly change the plaug over. May have to research and make sure wires are the same, but it should be.
Compeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 12:02 AM   #3
woolongdev
I've made a post!

Drives: scion xb
found some interesting info on using the jdm u340e in usdm cars.
The wiring for the solenoids is a little different.
https://www.drive2.ru/l/561243512448747398/

Accord to this, the easiest option would be to add a wire into the vehicle side of the harness (pin#7)and run it to ground.
This will allow the lockup solenoid to operate.
woolongdev is offline   Reply With Quote