Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 03:00 AM   #199
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Enterprise Evan View Post
well are you stepping up to the plate or just making bogus offers?
I never said anything about me offering this, it was merely a suggestion to help you out, but since you're being like this, I'm not going to try to help you out.

One more thing, you may not care, but you certainly have lost me as a future customer.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:01 AM   #200
Power Enterprise Evan

Drives: VIP Yaris
Send a message via AIM to Power Enterprise Evan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marfulion View Post
by "boring" do u mean entertaining? dude i have been checking on to this thread everyday, its just there is so much drama, love and hate in here lolHAHAHA

All i have to say is that its true, just cus the engine code is the same does not mean that it will be the same exact engine in every model that carries it. I had 2005 Rav4 with the same 2azfe engine which is the same in the tc, but the engine cover and intake are completly different, i tried to get the trd supercharger for the tc in my rav but trd said it wouldnt work because the mounts bracket etc. is completly different.

I know that in japan this kit costs 5k, so 3800 or watever power evan said in the earlier thread is not bad at all. but what i dont get is why P.E. has a superchager kit for the honda fit for about he same price and it makes 170ps, wat is up with that? will there be a stage 2 kit in future for the yaris? and if so, if i buy the current supercharger kit and later u guys come out with another more power variant will it just be a simple upgrade from the previous one or would i have to buy it entirely as a replacement?
there is no plan as of yet to increase output or add upgraded stages.

Rotrex and PE Japan, generally go with the assumption and "safe-side" of modification. assuming you have a stock engine

now i will say that it isnt hard to upgrade the pulley, but any evidence that the pulley has been tampered with will void your warranty.

so if you think you can pull off a mod with no detection be my guest, but its the engineers that do the inspection... not me
Old 01-29-2009, 03:01 AM   #201
Power Enterprise Evan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenacarato View Post
ill pay double the fees to have you banned. if you have this money grow some peaches and buy it, then you obviously have enough money to fix whatever issues you encounter.
pay me the fees and i'll voluntarily leave
Old 01-29-2009, 03:02 AM   #202
Power Enterprise Evan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
spectating on this one -- wish I were a PE reseller for you guys.
if you would like to open an account PM me, you can be the direct dealer here and/or any other sites you visit
Old 01-29-2009, 03:04 AM   #203
Power Enterprise Evan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztrack157 View Post
Why in the hell should I have to pay money to buy without any results? I don't do impluse buys. LOL and I don't need to grow peaches I already have a big ass tree. Also whatever issues I may encounter is exactly why I am not jumping at this. I don't want issues and for $4k there sure as hell shoudln't be any.
well for the 78236874th time, bring your car down here i'll install it for you for a nominal charge, and you can watch me do it for you, then you have nothing to complain about....or take it to a shop
Old 01-29-2009, 03:11 AM   #204
Power Enterprise Evan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
I never said anything about me offering this, it was merely a suggestion to help you out, but since you're being like this, I'm not going to try to help you out.

One more thing, you may not care, but you certainly have lost me as a future customer.
Excellent, but that is not a suggestion, that is an indirect offer.

this kit retails for $4100, i can just cut out of here and you can find a dealer thats willing to drop the price.

i'm offering an introductry price of $3770 shipped to the upper 48 states.
PeterPOOP asked and asked for free shipping to Hawaii, so I agreed.
Since i agreed to him, to be fair i offered it to everyone else including alaska and any other US territory.

i offered my personal time for installation help, and willing to travel

Now you are asking for tax to be covered which is another $311

Sorry but at that rate, please dont bother
Old 01-29-2009, 03:19 AM   #205
Kaotic Lazagna

Well, I missed that free shipping part, so that's why I suggested to cover tax.

Again, never said I was interested, therefore, cannot see how this was an indirect offer. But the hell with it, can't do it anyway. I am no longer gonna try to help out.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:26 AM   #206
ztrack157
Vroom Vroom Beep Beep

Drives: Powered Roller Skate
Send a message via AIM to ztrack157 Send a message via MSN to ztrack157 Send a message via Yahoo to ztrack157
Define Nominal please.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:30 AM   #207
Power Enterprise Evan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztrack157 View Post
Define Nominal please.
whatever you feel my time is worth to you.

you want to pay me $5 bucks. ok

you want to pay me $200 bucks ok

whatever YOU think is FAIR

must say though, Karma's a bitch
Old 01-29-2009, 03:39 AM   #208
Kaotic Lazagna

24 pack of beer and nuts. LOL. No clue, that's what people in my local forum charge for suspension install.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:44 AM   #209
Power Enterprise Evan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
24 pack of beer and nuts. LOL. No clue, that's what people in my local forum charge for suspension install.
well i dont really drink much, figure that a professional charges about $60-75 an hour even 50% of that works.....

i'd take cash, lexus parts, tires, gas cards, game console, im really not that hard to please..... just keep the offers clean please

i'm not trying to make a arm and leg off someone...just help get someone going...
Old 01-29-2009, 07:00 AM   #210
Return of the Yarii

Drives: 2007 Sedan S
Honestly, it comes through loud and clear that Evan isnt a salesman, my advice to him would be to stay in school until he actually learns to deal with people that do not need his product. I've watched this thread for 12+ pages now and only a handful of actual member questions have been answered and Evan's terrible attitude is amazing.

I pity the person who actually steps up and shells out 3700 to this guy, cant all you see if this is how you're being treated BEFORE the sale can you only imagine how you will be treated if there is an issue AFTER the sale? Sheesh....

Certain mods may claim to leave poor Evan alone yet ban and criticize others for the same exact behavior that this vendor is exhibiting. If your going to hold members to a certain standard then EVERYONE should be held to that same standard.

Last edited by Return of the Yarii; 01-29-2009 at 07:37 AM.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:15 AM   #211
BLAZINBLUEVITZ

Drives: 2007 YARIS 3DOOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Enterprise Evan View Post
yes, vinny is very knowledgeable
can i purchase this kit through him for advertised price and pay his install fee to tune it???
Old 01-29-2009, 08:59 AM   #212
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
and like so many yarisworld threads, this one is cut down by bickering and name calling...
Old 01-29-2009, 09:11 AM   #213
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
I just went through this thread again, so if I can add my own 2 cents, I hope you'll all pay attention.

Personally I can understand Evan's position, it's not always easy to handle a public forum like this when you are hoping to sell something, and at first he's been more than accommodating:

reduced shipping prices for Hawaii & alaska
possibility of a GB with a minimum of 5 buyers
proposed an alternative for payment plans (Credit card or Paypal)
offered to give a hand with the install of the first unit
explained why those guys who bought the kits before Rotrex approval are not eligible for a warranty (as far as I remember this was quite clear at the time too)
Explained that the kit already had a successful history, albeit in Japan so far

On the other hand, I have to agree with several other members that there are too many "maybes" in this kit. As mentioned, we still have very little knowledge of the small differences between USDM and JDM models. Those first people who bought the Blitz kits took quite some time to figure it out, heck echo_hrs still does not have his running smoothly last we heard from him. I think it would be ideal if PE and Evan could look into this and see how they can improve on that experience too. After all, most of us here are not master mechanics, yet are willing to learn and do the wrenching themselves.

So... is it a lot of money for 50HP? $75 per hp is pretty reasonable. 50HP might not sound like a lot but that's half of the stock power rating... Heck those guys with the Blitz kits are "only" doing about 130whp but it's already a sensible difference. But, this topic has already been beaten to death.

So, Evan, my advice:
If you want to sell things to end users, listen to their needs... Sure, some might ask for too much, but most people here just want to make an informed decision, nobody likes to fly blind into a multi-thousand dollar purchase. And, the best way to do this is to find someone to work with, document each step of the process, make everything as crystal clear and transparent as it must be. Saying "the kit includes everything you need" is just not good enough, as you won't know that with 100% certainty until you install the kit on a car that is truly representative of your target market.

Case in point, myself, couple years back I did some GBs for some accessories available locally, and as it turned out, even on identical cars, there were a few that just would not fit due to tiny differences, like the side mirror covers, which have a different alignment of clips. Felt like a damn fool about it, and still do.

Also, I've been asked to look into the ECU of our cars here, and the part numbers are totally different, even between cars of the same model year with the same manual transmissions. It's small differences like this that can kill the ease of installation, so we all just want to avoid this potential problem.

If you're unable to comprehend this, then don't be surprised that people react unfavorably. And, lashing back at people in this kind of situation is highly unprofessional.

So, if there is someone really serious about this, who wants to be the pioneer (sounds better than guinea pig) for this specific kit as officially sold by PE USA, please contact Evan, take him up on his offer to do the install, and let us know how it goes. Until then, I am going to close this thread, please start a new one once you have answers to the reasonable questions.

You have an amazing opportunity here to be really in touch with this community's wants and needs. Heck if you need any inspiration go look at how Jackson Racing handles the sale of similar kits on fitfreak.net, they are there each step of the way. If you can reach this level of service, you're golden.

Bye bye 1NZ...
Closed Thread

Tags
boost, forced induction, supercharger, turbo