Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-25-2009, 09:48 AM   #55
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Drives: Audi
Send a message via AIM to Nexus1155
Tomatoes Tomagoes? Potatoes Potagoes? You know if someone has a hair brained scheme in their head like the 13b rotary in the yaris like a few have had it will probably happen in the future...
Nexus1155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:07 PM   #56
CtrlAltDefeat
I ♥ Yaris

Drives: Black 08 LB MT & red 97 Miata
I love it when flames stop a thread cold...

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure
and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell
CtrlAltDefeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 01:31 PM   #57
Russelt3hPirate
l33t3st Asshole

Drives: MY07 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDefeat View Post
The reason I started this thread was basically to wonder aloud the advantages of 2 small, quicker spooling turbos with smaller pipes over 1 large turbo with large pipes, not to start a flame war over who knows what, and what experience you've had... Like they say... arguing over the internet is like competing in the special olympics; you may win, but you're still retarded...
so you're like competing in the special olympics?

if you think a twin turbo yaris will get you laid or win shows then do it, it has no performance benefit over a properly setup single turbo.

/thread
Old 04-29-2009, 05:38 PM   #58
CtrlAltDefeat
I ♥ Yaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russelt3hPirate View Post
so you're like competing in the special olympics?

if you think a twin turbo yaris will get you laid or win shows then do it, it has no performance benefit over a properly setup single turbo.

/thread
Funny enough, I wasn't arguing. Absolutes rarely exist in the real world. I am saying that you cannot shoot any thing down until at least one person does it, and it's tested. People who are closed minded and unwilling to even consider alternative viewpoints will never advance anything. They will always follow what other people advance. They will always suffer the consequences of 2nd hand information. If people who ask "what if" listen to people like you, we'll never get anywhere. I really wanted intelligent discussion on the the possibilities of a twin-turbo yaris, not flames and insults, without proper reasons why it wouldn't work. If that's not possible for you, then I suggest you go somewhere else, we know your opinion already.

Old 04-29-2009, 05:46 PM   #59
Russelt3hPirate
l33t3st Asshole

Quote:
Funny enough, I wasn't arguing. Absolutes rarely exist in the real world. I am saying that you cannot shoot any thing down until at least one person does it, and it's tested. People who are closed minded and unwilling to even consider alternative viewpoints will never advance anything. They will always follow what other people advance. They will always suffer the consequences of 2nd hand information. If people who ask "what if" listen to people like you, we'll never get anywhere. I really wanted intelligent discussion on the the possibilities of a twin-turbo yaris, not flames and insults, without proper reasons why it wouldn't work. If that's not possible for you, then I suggest you go somewhere else, we know your opinion already.
haha,

reasons why it's a waste of money.

1.) nearly 2x as heavy as a single turbo
2.) nearly 2x as much piping (and the issues that come with routing piping)
3.) nearly 2x as much oil lines
4.) 10x more custom fabrication for zero benefit
5.) Exactly the same amount of power if not less (due to the excess heat of two turbos)

5 "proper" reasons why it would be a "bad" idea.

oh wait, b/c I didn't suck your balls and say you had the best idea in the world you're sad. haha.

now, if you want to do this, more power to you. I look forward to the progression of your project and I hope you post ALL of your success/failures on here so we can live vicariously through someone who has the means to try something like a twin turbo yaris.

love to see a match up against garm's single when you're done.

no hard feelings but my $$'s on the single turbo setup (obviously).
Old 04-29-2009, 05:52 PM   #60
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
Quote:
Funny enough, I wasn't arguing. Absolutes rarely exist in the real world. I am saying that you cannot shoot any thing down until at least one person does it, and it's tested. .
have you ever jumped out of an airplane sans-parachute?

you should give it a try...
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 05:52 PM   #61
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
I couldn't imagine how the hell you'd pipe it... people have a hard enough time doing 1 turbo let alone 2.

The ends DEFINITELY would NOT justify the means, unless you have an endless pocketbook and just want to have the biggest head-turner on Earth.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 05:54 PM   #62
Russelt3hPirate
l33t3st Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
I couldn't imagine how the hell you'd pipe it... people have a hard enough time doing 1 turbo let alone 2.

The ends DEFINITELY would NOT justify the means, unless you have an endless pocketbook and just want to have the biggest head-turner on Earth.
Chino, please in the spirit of this thread keep the trolling to yourself. ;)
Old 04-29-2009, 05:58 PM   #63
Tamago

www.ctrlaltdefeat.com/forums would be a good place to post this so that the OP can just delete any posts that don't say "yo dawg, i heard you like twin turbos"
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Old 04-29-2009, 06:07 PM   #64
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
O man u gus are terrible. Lol
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:00 PM   #65
CtrlAltDefeat
I ♥ Yaris

Quote:
oh wait, b/c I didn't suck your balls and say you had the best idea in the world you're sad. haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamago View Post

Wow... I am truly hurt to the core of my soul. I heard insults similar to these from some 5th graders the other day and I almost tried to drown myself in the nearest mud puddle. I am just that devastated. You guys should go on tour! You know, insult strangers until they're suicidal in front of an audience... You'd be rich!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post

Cool, thank you for your input. It is obvious at this point, from previous intelligent posts, that a twin-turbo Yaris would be difficult and expensive at best. I doubt I will ever have the resources to try it. My intention was to ask a "what if" question, to learn what people thought.

After being flamed by certain people, the only thing I've learned is not to bother asking questions that require an open mind and creative thinking here. Personally I'm tired of the child-like atmosphere here, and request this thread to be locked

Thanks

Old 04-29-2009, 07:28 PM   #66
Tamago

Quote:
Wow... I am truly hurt to the core of my soul. I heard insults similar to these from some 5th graders the other day and I almost tried to drown myself in the nearest mud puddle. I am just that devastated. You guys should go on tour! You know, insult strangers until they're suicidal in front of an audience... You'd be rich!

Cool, thank you for your input. It is obvious at this point, from previous intelligent posts, that a twin-turbo Yaris would be difficult and expensive at best. I doubt I will ever have the resources to try it. My intention was to ask a "what if" question, to learn what people thought.

After being flamed by certain people, the only thing I've learned is not to bother asking questions that require an open mind and creative thinking here. Personally I'm tired of the child-like atmosphere here, and request this thread to be locked

Thanks
i wasn't insulting you... i was making a too-subtle (for you apparently) point about not trying things that are a bad idea.

you only got flamed AFTER you kept insisting that it was a good idea. .
you nailed it sir.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:44 PM   #67
CtrlAltDefeat
I ♥ Yaris

Quote:

Quote:
www.ctrlaltdefeat.com/forums would be a good place to post this so that the OP can just delete any posts that don't say "yo dawg, i heard you like twin turbos"
Quote:
i wasn't insulting you... i was making a too-subtle (for you apparently) point about not trying things that are a bad idea.

you only got flamed AFTER you kept insisting that it was a good idea. .
It's an attempt to subtly be insulting, which failed on many levels. You are also trying to be insulting when you say "(for you apparently)". I got the subtext. I don't appreciate the immature insult mixed in with it. So as my final post on this thread, I repeat my disdain for trolls, and unsubscribe from this thread.

Old 05-01-2009, 09:09 AM   #68
Russelt3hPirate
l33t3st Asshole

Quote:
It's an attempt to subtly be insulting, which failed on many levels. You are also trying to be insulting when you say "(for you apparently)". I got the subtext. I don't appreciate the immature insult mixed in with it. So as my final post on this thread, I repeat my disdain for trolls, and unsubscribe from this thread.
So, do you still think this is a good idea? Would you pursue this avenue of performance enhancing modifications?
Old 05-03-2009, 04:46 AM   #69
CtrlAltDefeat
I ♥ Yaris

Quote:
So, do you still think this is a good idea? Would you pursue this avenue of performance enhancing modifications?
At the risk of getting flamed:
Well I think it would be an interesting experiment (interesting to me any way). If I had the time and money, and I had my engine out any ways to turbo it, then I'd love to try it for shits and giggles. Maybe with 2 small turbos, and smaller pipes it'd spool better, after all the engine's so small, I'd think turbo lag would be an issue with 1 large turbo. Maybe the benefits would out weigh the negatives, maybe not. Maybe like you mentioned it would weigh too much, and be too complicated. It was really just a thought experiment. The whole dual everything was just a wild out of the blue thought, that I wanted to discuss with someone. I hadn't even thought about the whole dual throttle bodies thing when I came up with it. A traditional twin-turbo setup must have some benefits, or no one would put them on other cars. I'm not stupid, however. If I skimped and saved to get a turbo setup on my Yaris, I'd go with a proven performer, and get a single turbo. If I had the money to try it, I'd try it.

Old 05-03-2009, 08:26 PM   #70
Tamago

Quote:
I So as my final post on this thread, I repeat my disdain for trolls, and unsubscribe from this thread.
Quote:
At the risk of getting flamed:
Well I think it would be an interesting experiment (interesting to me any way). If I had the time and money, and I had my engine out any ways to turbo it, then I'd love to try it for shits and giggles. Maybe with 2 small turbos, and smaller pipes it'd spool better, after all the engine's so small, I'd think turbo lag would be an issue with 1 large turbo. Maybe the benefits would out weigh the negatives, maybe not. Maybe like you mentioned it would weigh too much, and be too complicated. It was really just a thought experiment. The whole dual everything was just a wild out of the blue thought, that I wanted to discuss with someone. I hadn't even thought about the whole dual throttle bodies thing when I came up with it. A traditional twin-turbo setup must have some benefits, or no one would put them on other cars. I'm not stupid, however. If I skimped and saved to get a turbo setup on my Yaris, I'd go with a proven performer, and get a single turbo. If I had the money to try it, I'd try it.
lol
you nailed it sir.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:13 PM   #71
CtrlAltDefeat
I ♥ Yaris

Quote:
lol
I really couldn't give a fuck about your opinion

Old 05-04-2009, 09:48 AM   #72
cdydjded

Drives: Yaris LB Turbo
Threads like this is the reason the Yaris will never get the support of major manufactures & companies. Keep up the good work guys
cdydjded is offline   Reply With Quote