Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-23-2017, 03:28 AM   #19
miiser

Drives: yaris 2009
Also check chrisFX channel. In one video he uses this product over a Chrysler I think and he shows the whole procedure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
miiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 01:11 PM   #20
Motzking1

Drives: 47 2013 yaris l hatchbacks
This may sound crazy but I have seen it done and it does work. Buffing the lens with bug repellent that contains DEET bug repellent. I know sounds crazy but it works. Now I cannot say this is going to last as long but it works fast and easy. I have seen it done and 6 months later they still looked great. Maybe combining this with some of the other methods to make the job quicker. Just a thought.
https://youtu.be/9-jtpzzFoNo
Here is a demo video.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Motzking1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 05:27 PM   #21
B.B._07

Drives: 07 5dr
If your headlights are only a little hazy than you can use any mildly abrasive compound. That usually means a rubbing or polishing compound meant for car finishes but many people get away with using toothpaste. Toothpaste works because it's a very mild abrasive compound (whiting toothpaste is more abrasive and works better). If you have really yellow or clouded over lenses than you need to go with the wet sanding & polishing route or wet sanding & clear coating. The clear coat method is the best for long term durability as the polished lenses with go back being hazy after about 6 months unless you're very diligent about waxing them every couple months.

You can use any old spray can clear coat that's sold at Walmart, Home Depot, etc (Dupli-Color, Kryon, and Rustoleum are the most common). The most important thing when clear coating is to sand and clean the surface as the clear coat doesn't bond well to a super smooth or dirty surface. A 2K clear coat is the best for ultimate durability but they are generally only sold in auto body supply stores and are much more expensive than the common 1K clear coat.
B.B._07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 06:43 AM   #22
esteban

Drives: Yaris 2007
Sanded down my headlight and clear coated it. it looks great. It is still slightly more yellow than the brand new headlight on the other side, but its barely noticeable. I even forgot about it completely until I remembered that the other day.
esteban is offline   Reply With Quote