Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-07-2023, 02:57 PM   #19
sh0rtlife

Drives: 2007 5dr canadian import
to hell with the sensor how do they fit, look and hows your "position" in relation to the OE seats?
sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 10:55 AM   #20
theinteriorautomechanic

Drives: Slowcart
Post some pictures of the seats installed please
theinteriorautomechanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 12:57 PM   #21
Compeer

Drives: NCP90 TRD Yaris Manual
You want the seats from a zz231 celica. Ive read they bolt in but I am waiting to buy some to confirm.

Late 2006 on celica seats will have the same airbag and seat sensors letting us keep the factory air bag seat up is the main reason I want to try.

They are both small cars so dimensions wise they will be mint its just if the rails work or can be swapped.
Compeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 01:59 AM   #22
Kasbien

Drives: 07 Sedan (AT)
I don't actually have the FRS seats installed yet. I went as far as buying them and working on the seat brackets before even having looked underneath them. Zero cognitive processing in that moment. Live and learn. Airbags are important to me, so if I can't get them to work then I'll cut my losses before hacking up the seat rails.
Kasbien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 02:01 AM   #23
Kasbien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compeer View Post
You want the seats from a zz231 celica. Ive read they bolt in but I am waiting to buy some to confirm.

Late 2006 on celica seats will have the same airbag and seat sensors letting us keep the factory air bag seat up is the main reason I want to try.

They are both small cars so dimensions wise they will be mint its just if the rails work or can be swapped.
I hadn't thought of that car. Good idea! I'll check my local wreckers.

Edit: Seems like others have tried. Not a direct swap. https://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=52507

Last edited by Kasbien; 01-20-2023 at 04:13 AM.
Old 01-20-2023, 08:01 PM   #24
sh0rtlife

has anyone done TC seats..they sure loook like a hell of an improvement..was eyeballing a set in the wrecker today...god i HATE smokers..they ALWAYS burn the damn seats
Old 01-31-2023, 04:54 PM   #25
librathedepartedcat

Drives: Toyota
I haven't personally tried any of the newer Yaris seats, but a few people have, and they seem to think they are an improvement. The 2012+ seats are a bit wider and more comfortable, but they don't fit in an 06-11 Yaris without modification. As for custom seat rails and racing seats, it can be done but it takes a lot of time and money. You'll have to find the right parts and fabricate them, and then you'll need to get the seats installed and wired. It's a big project, but if you're willing to put in the work, it can make a big difference in the comfort and look of your Yaris.
librathedepartedcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 11:27 AM   #26
sh0rtlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by librathedepartedcat View Post
I haven't personally tried any of the newer Yaris seats, but a few people have, and they seem to think they are an improvement. The 2012+ seats are a bit wider and more comfortable, but they don't fit in an 06-11 Yaris without modification. As for custom seat rails and racing seats, it can be done but it takes a lot of time and money. You'll have to find the right parts and fabricate them, and then you'll need to get the seats installed and wired. It's a big project, but if you're willing to put in the work, it can make a big difference in the comfort and look of your Yaris.
as a fabricator, general mechanic and retired autobody....i can say that seat tracks are the "easy part" but the seat shape is the real issue, which is why i ask..pan and spring depth is the one the will almost always be the primary issue, followed by back rest stop points and total rise....those 2 things are a "make or break" for fitting in ANY car...most of which cant be verifyed without having both the seats and the body and tossing them in place to figure it out

rail width is fairly easy to overcome "if" theres nothing low hanging under the seat
Old 02-07-2023, 04:07 PM   #27
Kasbien

Small update...

I noticed that 09-12 Yaris Sedans out of the United States can come have nicer looking seats than previous sedan and hatchback years. See attached photo. Can anyone attest to them having improved comfort? The big hurdle for obtaining them would be finding some in half-decent condition and without an enormous shipping bill up to Washington where I can at least cross the border and grab them without having to drive down to California.

A more realistic solution is to work with what I've got. The seat brackets are ready to go (I highly recommend just dropping the coin on the Planted ones) and I found a work around on the Tacoma forums that at least solves the PASSENGER wiring issues since it involves retaining the seat sensors/harness out of your stock seats. The DRIVER seat positioning sensor is not address in the thread, so I'll have to come up with something. Without a datum for reference measurements, I don't know how the heck I would accurately retrofit the position sensor on the FSR seat... I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.
Attached Images

Old 02-09-2023, 01:12 AM   #28
sh0rtlife

those sure look alot like XB seats but less than TC seats....honestly after seeing all the NICE TC seats in the pick n pulls up in washington im very..VERY tempted to snag a set and try em out
Old 02-13-2023, 03:57 PM   #29
Kasbien

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0rtlife View Post
those sure look alot like XB seats but less than TC seats....honestly after seeing all the NICE TC seats in the pick n pulls up in washington im very..VERY tempted to snag a set and try em out
Let us know if you do!