Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-15-2022, 03:54 PM   #19
remcafee

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris 3 door
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsin View Post
An interesting theory. Can you quote a source on that?
its pretty simple basic electrical theory, you will change the flow (resistance) of electricity with different conductive materials. the ignition coils store and spike voltage specifically for iridium spark, think of it as a magnet, a magnet sticks worse and better with different metals
remcafee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 12:39 PM   #20
Compeer

Drives: NCP90 TRD Yaris Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by remcafee View Post
its pretty simple basic electrical theory, you will change the flow (resistance) of electricity with different conductive materials. the ignition coils store and spike voltage specifically for iridium spark, think of it as a magnet, a magnet sticks worse and better with different metals
Yeah I actually have coppers in my car but will go back after reading up more about them. The older platinums are straight up worse than copper but last longer. The iridiums provide better performance at lower amperage and last longer and are more resistant to melting.

In saying this all the race engines use copper in the 1nz-fe but they do not care about longevity of stock parts or fuel efficiency.

I read this below and it enlightened me some

https://www.enginelabs.com/engine-te...-from-opinion/

I think I will get NGK BKR6EIX-11 online, the are one step colder but still listed for 1nz-fe. I like to rev it and want to track it one day so this is a good choice for the "spirited driver" who does not live in a very cold location.
Compeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2022, 02:33 PM   #21
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Interesting to know all of this. Of course with hundreds of thousands of miles on the car you really arent concerned with longevity
Old 12-17-2022, 11:08 PM   #22
Compeer

Drives: NCP90 TRD Yaris Manual
Picked up a set of NGK BKR6EIX-11 from market place of course! $60 nzd for the set guy wanted $80 lol im terrible...but why pay full price when if you check marketplace someone is probably selling some cheap they don't need? had been listed 6 weeks..easy haggle! hahaa
Compeer is offline   Reply With Quote