Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-18-2023, 01:40 PM   #1
Edwinem

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2006
Question Odd sound issue with Yaris 2006

Hey all,

First-time poster on the forum (I hope I choose the right category).
I've been having an odd issue with my Toyota Yaris 2006 and thought that maybe someone on here has experienced it as well.

Every now and then (I can't seem to determine what causes it) the CD player starts displaying ERR1, won't play any sound, and won't eject my CD.
When that happens, the radio also only gives soft static.
Also, I hear a popping sound over the speakers when turning on my front lights. If I turn them off there's a popping sound again.
After a while the problem disappears and all is normal until it suddenly re-appears.

Any suggestions? 🙂
Edwinem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 02:49 AM   #2
terryfarris
I've made a post!

Drives: Lamborghini Gallardo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwinem View Post
Hey all,

First-time poster on the forum (I hope I choose the right category).
I've been having an odd issue with my Toyota Yaris 2006 and thought that maybe someone on here has experienced it as well.
uno online
Every now and then (I can't seem to determine what causes it) the CD player starts displaying ERR1, won't play any sound, and won't eject my CD.
When that happens, the radio also only gives soft static.
Also, I hear a popping sound over the speakers when turning on my front lights. If I turn them off there's a popping sound again.
After a while the problem disappears and all is normal until it suddenly re-appears.

Any suggestions? ��
Hello, I think you should look for a reset button on the CD player or try disconnecting the car battery for a few minutes to reset the system. This may help clear any temporary glitches.

Last edited by terryfarris; 01-15-2024 at 07:14 PM.
terryfarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 06:35 AM   #3
BLH

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
One thing to remember.
If you disconnect the battery for a few minutes.
That would also reset the ECU and the car will run poorly until the ECU finds all the settings to make your care run the best.

You should be able to find the fuse for the radio and then just remove it. That probably would also reset all the remembered stations in it. So would a battery disconnect.

In my 2007. The radio gets power from the ACC fuse that goes on and off. So that feed would cycle the power on and off already.
The Dome fuse it constant battery and I believe is the power keeping the memory intact.

Did not see anything in the 2007 repair manuals but if I do I will post it.

Your radio maybe just starting to fail.

Last edited by BLH; 01-15-2024 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Added some data
BLH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 12:38 PM   #4
Edwinem

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2006
Thank you both kindly for your suggestions! I had very much given up on this thread, but I do still have the issue so I'll try out the fuse swap sometime soon.
Edwinem is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cdplayer, issue, radio problem, sound