Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-25-2006, 06:47 PM   #55
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
^^^^This is just an educated guess but since those are digital and N/A is analog I don't think a simple swap will do. I believe the wiring is different, I remember a thread awhile ago about this, I think even the Canadian spec with tac won't work for a swap with the U.S. because of the different set up as far as wiring, but don't quote me on that. Yes they are the same size and what not its just the internal configurations. Maybe someone else can confirm this
Old 09-28-2006, 07:42 PM   #56
Reddington

Drives: 1995 Corolla DX auto
http://www.scangauge.com/products/sg2photos/index.shtml

Check this one out. Its an LED display that connects to the OBDII jack and mounts directly into the dash. It can display RPMs, current MPG, etc. The best part that I like about it is that it allows you to see the computer diagnostic codes when there is a problem. All for $169
Reddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 08:45 AM   #57
nsmitchell

Drives: LB-Auto-PWR-ABS-Cruise-Springs
Quote:
Originally Posted by paultyler_82
Really? I can hear my engine quite well.

And this is why I want the Nissan Versa SL CVT.

Lucky it wasn't a Altima 3.5... you would have gotten spanked in that case, the VQ V6's are mean, my I30's got a 3.0 and I can stomp V6 mustangs all day... in a luxury sedan.
I just did a little research, the V6 Altima was not an option in 1998. So it was two 4cyls going at it. His was a 5spd. Felt good though. He never mentioned a thing about our race ever again.
nsmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 08:48 PM   #58
gonzo452001

Drives: 3-door liftback blazing blue
leaving out the tach saved them a few dollars and they raised the price of the LB another 100.00 its now 11,050 .
gonzo452001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 03:41 AM   #59
paultyler_82

Drives: 07 Meteorite Metallic Yaris LB
kinda reminds me of my old 90 cavalier.... manual everything, no tach, but it even beat the Yaris on non-included options... it didn't have a passenger side outer rear-view mirror! Seriously, that was an OPTION at the time!
paultyler_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 10:22 PM   #60
SmellyTofu
好多人&

Drives: .
If you can't drive a manual without a tacho, then you have serious problems.

The digital dash is overrated. You can have mine if you could take it because I don't think I've ever actually looked at it whilst driving in everyday city driving. The only time I've actually needed it was on a racetrack which accounted for so far <0.005% of the distance I've covered in total this year. Even so, the digital dash is useless except the speedometer part. The tachometer in it increases every 250rpm increments anyway but I think it goes down as the engine speed increases. I don't know what it is exactly. It's really really overrated. If you want one, buy a TRD one that mounts on the front console lid.
SmellyTofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 05:40 PM   #61
Billstein
Whew Who..

Drives: 2 Yaris Hatchs and Tacoma
D4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billstein
I asked when they were going to relese the Yaris D4 in the U.S.
There responce; No time in the near future.
I need to import from canada I guess.
I wonder if the Yaris D4 is in canada?
Anybody Know?
Thanks
"HIS"2007 Yaris Hatch MedSilverMetallicPower PQ Package 17" Wheels Spoiler TRD ExhTipStiletto100 Radio Armrest 50% tint windshild 35% front windows 5% rear Aluminum TRD Shift Knob Keyless Entry VIP Alarm TRD Cold Air Intake
Billstein is offline   Reply With Quote