Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-17-2008, 10:07 PM   #1
||)) (o) ||\||
- Donnie Demonic -

Drives: '07 Yaris Sedan Sport
Its A Time To Appreciate...

..this life you, and everyone else you love lives. During a visit to a cardiologist today, I was informed that I will need to have a pace-maker installed as soon as this coming Monday. I am a 26 year old man. I am healthy. I do not have high blood pressure, any kind of heart problems, no previous health problems, and a clean slate for all blood work that has been done. I have actually baffled doctors with my case. Do you know about the involuntary electrical pulse that tells your organs in your body to do what they do on their own? Well mine isnt telling my heart to beat... at random. After the surgery, God willing, all will be fine with me. I just wanted to take a moment to share with my "second family" in hopes to inspire some to remember or even discover/rediscover what this time of year means. Thank you all for reading and I wish you all here a loving, merry holiday season. Sub-compacts! FTW!
||)) (o) ||\|| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:10 PM   #2
custom Lftback

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Send a message via Yahoo to custom Lftback
I will be praying that everything goes well bro! that is crazy!
custom Lftback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:12 PM   #3
SIPNGAS
I LOVE my Yaris!

Drives: 2007 Polar White LB
Send a message via MSN to SIPNGAS Send a message via Yahoo to SIPNGAS
Well said..things we so easily forget and take for granted.

Please know we ARE your second family and you will be in our hearts while yours is getting better and beyond...

Lisa
aka SIPNGAS
SIPNGAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:17 PM   #4
Bob_VT

Drives: 08 Yaris LB
Don you are in my prayers. Sincerely the Cardiac Doctors today are great. I had 6 heart attacks and not have stents in my heart. It really does not matter on the why it happens but it can be fixed!

Move forward with this and you will not even realize the change. This will enhance your life.

Hang in there brother.

Come to the DARKSIDE..... We have candy
Bob_VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:29 PM   #5
TinyGiant
Tiny Giant Clothing

Drives: 2008 Blazing Blue Yaris 3D LB
where is Dr. House when you need him.. lol I watch that show too much..

God bless.. and best of luck. Like bob said Doctors are good at what they do .. it always amazes me more and more what they can do. especially with the heart
Old 12-17-2008, 10:29 PM   #6
tuckevalastin

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan
I wish you the absolute best of luck
tuckevalastin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:32 PM   #7
||)) (o) ||\||
- Donnie Demonic -

Drives: '07 Yaris Sedan Sport
Through my tears I thank you all from the bottom of my heart. Those of you that have answered thus far have lifted my spirits significantly. I shall stand strong.
||)) (o) ||\|| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:35 PM   #8
SIPNGAS
I LOVE my Yaris!

Drives: 2007 Polar White LB
Send a message via MSN to SIPNGAS Send a message via Yahoo to SIPNGAS
Please...please let us know how you are...as soon as you possibly can next week.

I don't need a Christmas wish this year...I just pray your surgery is a success and you have a quick recovery.

Lisa
aka SIPNGAS
SIPNGAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:36 PM   #9
jinxor

Drives: Yaris 3dr YRS
Best of luck with your operation mate.... You will stand string !!!!
Coz the yaris is behind you... the whole YAris world is behind you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kustom play View Post
they look in and i tell them "come on man, its stock, its slow, look its ricy as fuck, look at the fur, im a ricer man"
jinxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:51 PM   #10
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
May your operation go as smoothly as possible, Don. I wish you the best of luck. Please keep us all posted on the developments!
Old 12-17-2008, 10:53 PM   #11
Bob_VT

Drives: 08 Yaris LB
I will tell you to follow the Doctors instructions to the letter. They do not give awards to people who tough it out. You will do fine...... get some serious rest.

Come to the DARKSIDE..... We have candy
Bob_VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:54 PM   #12
PreciousPups4U
I really LOVE this car!!!

Drives: 08 Bayou Blue LB AT
We are all thinking of you. They can fix pretty much anything these days. I mean they gave some lady a new face. I saw it on the news today, this heart thing should be a piece of cake. Plus you are young and strong and should recover quickly. If anyone asks, just say you are getting a supercharger. I understand those are pretty awesome.

Seriously all the best. Keep us posted. Cindy

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers

PreciousPups4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 10:57 PM   #13
Loren
What?

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
It's a pretty stunning situation for a 20-something to be in, but be glad that you know what's going on and that it can be fixed. My wife had a friend in college who just up and died one day from some mysterious heart problem. You've been given the gift of advance notice. Rock on, my friend!

----------------------- Loren@InvisibleSun.org -----------------------
Loren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:08 PM   #14
GeneW
Banned

Drives: 2008 Yaris
Saw a lot of folks die at work over the years, mainly from codes. So I know what gets folks hurt in medical settings - ignoring the doctor and sometimes being too agreeable.

Try to follow the Doctor's advice and directions, but be ready to challenge or question anything that does not make sense to you.

When it comes to patients the ones who refuse to listen to doctors die first, then the nice patients and finally the miserable nitpicking nasty folks survive for a long time.

We had one patient who the Nursing Staff swore had a case of Vaginum Dentata (her thing had teeth) because she was so demanding of them. However she survived far far longer than she would have had she been agreeable.

Good luck to you, Don.

Gene
GeneW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:49 PM   #15
DFA
Compulsive Washer

Drives: 08' AT Meteorite Metallic LB
Send a message via MSN to DFA
Wow, that is really amazing to hear from a healthy someone in his 20's like you.

I wish you the best in getting through this, and I shall pray for you to have the strength to go through what appears in front of your path right now.

Please report back here and follow all of your doctor's advice. Even if he tells you you have to poop everyday at exactly 2:49AM for a month, do so.

Best of luck

DFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 11:59 PM   #16
YAR1S

Drives: 07 Yaris 3dr LB (Bayou Blue)
Send a message via AIM to YAR1S
The miracles of modern medicine still amaze me.
thanks to doctors these days.. my father is alive for 6 and counting years following a heart transplant..

hang in there... your in safe hands.
YAR1S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:42 AM   #17
TheRealEnth
Beast

Drives: 2007 Blz Blu LB
Send a message via AIM to TheRealEnth
Yeah i watch house a lot... Wish he was real =(.. I have a similar case.. i have 20/20... sorta... I have CNVM which is common with older (40+) patients with diabetes. I of course am 19, no diabetes.. No problems at all, just a healthy teen =).. So out of one eye i see sort of a black hole, its black and starts to fade as it moves out but just blurs everything around the point. My other eye is perfectly fine though. So Both eyes working together give me perfect vision and i dont even see any black.

One you've taken a yaris for a spin, there's no turning back.
Its a Chao!!!
TheRealEnth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 01:32 AM   #18
Shroomster
'07 to '12:2 wipers to 1?

Drives: '12 5-door LE & '14 5-door LE
good luck Don and hey leave the roller coasters and the microwave pizza to me from now on my friend!
Shroomster is offline   Reply With Quote