Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-14-2007, 01:41 PM   #1
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Help on autolumination 194 wedge selection

http://autolumination.com/194.htm

They have, oh, about 20 types of 194 wedge LED selections to pick from...SHEESH...which would be best for the license plate light? Thanks!
Old 05-14-2007, 05:39 PM   #2
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
either get HILEDS or the one from

superbrightleds.com - WLED-WHP LED Wedge Base Bulbs

I am perfectly happy with the one from superbrights but I used the HILEDS in the headlight housing
Old 05-14-2007, 09:39 PM   #3
Violin

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
So far I've had three lights from autolumination.com burn out within months.

I'm not real impressed with the quality.
Violin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:58 PM   #4
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violin View Post

That sucks! I know the LED you purchased for the shifter went out. Which others? I have brake and reverse from them. Maybe second rate but I wouldn't expect any LED to burn out quicker than an incandescent bulb.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:53 AM   #5
Violin

The shifter bulb and two brake/running lights (before I got my Modellista tails).

I didn't even know the running light portion of the brake/running light combo was burned out until someone on the road alerted me. Very dangerous!
Old 05-15-2007, 08:05 AM   #6
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

er, I'll keep my eye on mine then
Old 05-15-2007, 08:41 AM   #7
||)) (o) ||\||
- Donnie Demonic -

Drives: '07 Yaris Sedan Sport
I've bought a gang of leds from autolumination.com and had not one problem. As for 194 I bought about 6 of those SMT Towers and they are great.

||)) (o) ||\|| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 09:21 AM   #8
jamal1984
The Beautification of Car

Drives: Toyota Yaris S
Send a message via MSN to jamal1984
Quote:

i can't believe that, probably they gave you the bad one ,
i got my from ebay for like couple months now still bright and shine.
jamal1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 10:31 AM   #9
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Everyone keeps saying HILEDS but ive read on here problems with peoples orders and lack of communication on their side.

And whats up with emailing them for a 'sales quote'? They should post their standard prices just like everybody else. I dont have time to go back and forth with someone for a freaking LED light.

I guess the HILEDS guy will appear now and reply with a page long post with no paragraph breaks.

Last edited by redyaris; 05-15-2007 at 10:47 AM.
redyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 10:42 AM   #10
the_boss

Drives: 07 YARIS HATCH 5 DOOR
Send a message via MSN to the_boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by redyaris View Post
Everyone keeps saying HILEDS but ive read on here problems with peoples orders and lack of communication on their side.

And whats up with emailing them for a 'sales quote'? They should post their standard prices just like everybody else. I dont have time to go back and forth with someone for a freaking HID light.

I guess the HILEDS guy will appear now and reply with a page long post with no paragraph breaks.

ive sent them an email about a month ago and there prices is pretty competitive.... might worth 5 minutes and send them an email
the_boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:08 AM   #11
jamal1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by redyaris View Post

And whats up with emailing them for a 'sales quote'? They should post their standard prices just like everybody else. I dont have time to go back and forth with someone for a freaking LED light.

:
Old 05-15-2007, 09:52 PM   #12
eco

Drives: 2007 Black Yaris sedan
HiLED's are a ripoff.I bought 2 packs of white 194's,I did get a Yarisworld.com member discount of 10%,I dont know if this is still being honered.But they rave about they're 3 chip system,well I got a pair of white leds from superbright leds about a year ago that had 6 chips in it,you can tell by staring at the led when on.I actuall gave them away for PIAA's,they wernt any better,only 3 chips,I then bought these HIleds about 2 weeks ago,I am dissapointed severly,I did a side by side comparison on white paper,with the leds from superbrightleds.com that my freind still has,and they were identical,I wish I took pictures before I sent them back.
eco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 10:09 PM   #13
uncleyaris

Drives: 2007 Bayou Blue!!!!!!!
Violin, what bulbs do the JDM tails take if the ever burn out?
uncleyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 10:12 PM   #14
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

not a challenge here but please keep us posted on how much life you get out of those superbrights in your headlight housing, I am very satisfied with my hileds in the headlight housing and I would say they are a bit whiter and quite a bit brighter than my superbrights, I have superbrights in the maps and the plate

in support of hileds I believe they have plans to start selling online through eclipse their distributer, remember hileds is the manufacturer
Old 05-15-2007, 11:44 PM   #15
jamal1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco View Post
HiLED's are a ripoff.I bought 2 packs of white 194's,I did get a Yarisworld.com member discount of 10%,I dont know if this is still being honered.But they rave about they're 3 chip system,well I got a pair of white leds from superbright leds about a year ago that had 6 chips in it,you can tell by staring at the led when on.I actuall gave them away for PIAA's,they wernt any better,only 3 chips,I then bought these HIleds about 2 weeks ago,I am dissapointed severly,I did a side by side comparison on white paper,with the leds from superbrightleds.com that my freind still has,and they were identical,I wish I took pictures before I sent them back.
i never got leds from HiLed before, but let's make some comparison. This chart is just wat i'm thinking. (in my opinion only, no offense)
HiLeds Other Leds
Quality 100% 80% or more or less?
Bright 100% 80% or more or less?
Price: $20 +up $4 bucks or more or less?
I'll go with Other Leds since i don't like keeping the same bulb for long time. I love to try out new bulbs from time to time. Beside $4 bucks for a year, not a bad price at all.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:55 AM   #16
Violin

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncleyaris View Post
Violin, what bulbs do the JDM tails take if the ever burn out?

If you mean the LED portion, they are soldered in. I don't expect that they will burn out before the car dies. They're quality components. Properly designed LEDs should last 10's of thousands of hours.

The back-up and turn signals are 7440 bulbs - widely available.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:45 PM   #17
Hileds

Drives: SUVs, Sedans & Exotics
Wow, some people are babies. Complaining about line breaks and having to wait three days for a response from a manufacturer? <br><br>

Prices were posted in the yarisworld thread that offered the 20% discount. We usually don't sell direct. We do not post our prices because most retailers sell our products much more than our msrp. A pair of 194s for $59 and the pcb-festoon for $79. They have no problem selling them at those prices. We are not going to put $29 and $34 on our site. <br><br>

When you order online you are not in a rush. You have to wait for shipping anyway. Plus, if you want quality, you have to sacrifice. Otherwise go to WalMart or e-bay and take your chances. Like russian roulette, you will probably get lucky but, if you dont... I would rather wait and pay more to have better products. <br><br>

Some settle and enjoy spending more money in the longterm replacing cheap stuff. I like putting in the best and not worrying about it. The autolumination and superbrights might appear brighter. They are on a different frequency that appears that way. Response has told us that most desire 6000k. So, that is what we deliver. To each their own. <br><br>

HiLEDs will continue to produce the highest QUALITY products that satisfy ONLY those discerning individuals that appreciate our work. Please continue to supply us with constructive reviews in order for us to supply you with the best.
Hileds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 05:47 PM   #18
uncleyaris

Drives: 2007 Bayou Blue!!!!!!!
Quote:
If you mean the LED portion, they are soldered in. I don't expect that they will burn out before the car dies. They're quality components. Properly designed LEDs should last 10's of thousands of hours.

The back-up and turn signals are 7440 bulbs - widely available.
Thanks!
uncleyaris is offline   Reply With Quote