Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-28-2006, 01:06 AM   #1
artyin

Drives: tC
Too...cute

Hi. I'm new. I think the Yaris liftback is pretty cool, but too cute and round for my taste. Do toyota dealers offer factory installed body kits?

If not, where do you buy body kits? I tried looking at some links on the forums, but the sites are in Japanese. And how do you get them installed?

Thank you.
artyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 06:44 AM   #2
TOYOTaejien

Drives: Yaris S Sedan Manual
Factory installed body kits?
- Well, as far as the sedan, they have their "ground effects" type body kit, for the liftback, I'm not sure.

Where do you buy body kits?
- It seems the Yaris hasn't been in the US market for that long, so most of the sites offering them are overseas or in Canada I believe. You'll have to special order and have it shipped out to CA if possible.. don't hold me to it though.

How to get them installed?
- You can do it yourself. Bolts and screws. Or, if you have the money, you can have a professional do it for you. Which would probably be preferred, but its up to you.
Old 04-28-2006, 05:00 PM   #3
foober

Drives: two yaris liftbacks
Everyone thats seen my new yaris liftback has said "how cute". And then I tell them it gets 80 miles to every (very quietly two gallons). And they go ape sheet and say where can they get one. I tell them they have to know people.
foober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 05:54 PM   #4
artyin

Drives: tC
Can the dealer install a spoiler on the normal yaris sedan?

http://toyota.com/yaris/models.html says the color keyed rear spoiler was optional on all three trims.

However, when I "build my own yaris" on the website, there is no spoiler accessory to select for the normal sedan.
artyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 06:01 PM   #5
ricko

Drives: Copper-Orange Yaris RS
My car gets alot of the "It's SO cute reaction!" too. But depending on who is saying it, it's not ALWAYS a bad thing. Let's face it, we are not going to win too many points in the "looking tough" competition, no matter what we do.
ricko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 08:43 PM   #6
plushDJ

Drives: 2007 3 dr manual
chicks love it, it's a good thing
plushDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 08:54 PM   #7
TOYOTaejien

Drives: Yaris S Sedan Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by artyin
Can the dealer install a spoiler on the normal yaris sedan?

http://toyota.com/yaris/models.html says the color keyed rear spoiler was optional on all three trims.

However, when I "build my own yaris" on the website, there is no spoiler accessory to select for the normal sedan.
If you build the "S" sedan, it'll come with it I believe. Or if you choose Comb B. It'll have a spoiler w/ it..
Old 04-29-2006, 04:43 PM   #8
Lrigrem

Drives: 06Yamaha Zuma (NEED my Yaris!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by plushDJ
chicks love it, it's a good thing
Yup, we do. It's freakin adorable. I've been hooked since I saw it at the LA Auto Show. Chicks just dig the Yaris.
Lrigrem is offline   Reply With Quote