Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 08-07-2006, 06:27 AM   #37
slvryaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan S
[QUOTE=johnnyfive]no clearance issues with the toyota alloys, but with a wider tire might give some problems, but there appears to be plenty of room on the inside of the well to have no problems with the proper offset.

Damn looks good. How does it handle and drive? I have DF's waiting in a box, but was debating on the DF's and NF's.....Whats your opinion between the two now that you have the DF's installed?
slvryaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 09:01 AM   #38
johnnyfive

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
i wouldnt go with the NF's, just because i like it LOW :)

handleing is great, and the ride is just a bit stiffer, infact if it drove loike it does now from the factory, i probably wouldnt have even been upset :)
johnnyfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 12:50 PM   #39
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Damn, thats low. Keep us posted on what kind of rims you get and how they fit... I'm still wondering what I can fit on my car.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 04:03 PM   #40
slvryaris

Thef ront end just looks like it is sitting on the ground. I think its the pic that makes it look lower then it is. Since you have been to work has it bottomed out, scraped, anything like that? I guess a clearer pic would sum it up.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:11 PM   #41
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by slvryaris
I have DF's waiting in a box, but was debating on the DF's and NF's.....
Put 'em on!
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 08:23 PM   #42
slvryaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris07LB
Put 'em on!

I am waiting on my wheels. My friend traded in his XB and they are on there. We have to pick them up from the dealer tomorrow. Oh they are going on now. Just a matter of when I can get my neighbors lift and his help.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:20 AM   #43
johnnyfive

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvryaris
Thef ront end just looks like it is sitting on the ground. I think its the pic that makes it look lower then it is. Since you have been to work has it bottomed out, scraped, anything like that? I guess a clearer pic would sum it up.
no cleaner pics yet..but it is low, cant fit a finger between the tire, and the wheel well,
i have to drive down one of the worst streaches of road to get to work, (bump bump bump sewer bump bump bump sewer) and can deffinetly feal them more, but they really arnt too harsh, it feals smoother on smoth flat road, and entering the freeway is alot of fun when you can turn onto the onramp at 55 :)

no bottoming out except for leaving steap driveways front first. i think it is because the front lip is so close to the tires that it dosnt have any problem getting up the drive, but it scrapes on the same drives on the way back onto the road, and backing out gives no scrape atall.

also seems to be alot of play in the front bumper, when lifting up on the front lip, makes me think that it would be really hard to break anything by scraping it on the ground, unless you drive it right into something.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:55 AM   #44
slvryaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyfive
no cleaner pics yet..but it is low, cant fit a finger between the tire, and the wheel well,
i have to drive down one of the worst streaches of road to get to work, (bump bump bump sewer bump bump bump sewer) and can deffinetly feal them more, but they really arnt too harsh, it feals smoother on smoth flat road, and entering the freeway is alot of fun when you can turn onto the onramp at 55 :)

no bottoming out except for leaving steap driveways front first. i think it is because the front lip is so close to the tires that it dosnt have any problem getting up the drive, but it scrapes on the same drives on the way back onto the road, and backing out gives no scrape atall.

also seems to be alot of play in the front bumper, when lifting up on the front lip, makes me think that it would be really hard to break anything by scraping it on the ground, unless you drive it right into something.

Dont sound too bad. I just didnt want everyday driving to become a pain in the @$$. I can always change it if its too low which I doubt it. I was just wanting to see some pics of what I had to look forward too.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:58 AM   #45
johnnyfive

also meant to say that you can get a better feal of the road with the stiffer springs...dont really know how to explain what i am trying to say, but maybe you get the idea?

feals like you are more "intune" with the pavement?(not in a bad way)

ok, i give up :)
Old 08-08-2006, 06:31 AM   #46
slvryaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyfive
also meant to say that you can get a better feal of the road with the stiffer springs...dont really know how to explain what i am trying to say, but maybe you get the idea?

feals like you are more "intune" with the pavement?(not in a bad way)

ok, i give up :)

I see what you are saying. I know that the stiffer the springs are the less the suspension will give and the less chances of messin up the front end. I was sitting at work last night and remembered that with 4 people in the car it sat right where it would be if I lowered it and it drove fine. I am just one of those people that get worried that I will mess something up, but from what everyone is tellin me I should be ok.
Old 08-12-2006, 03:51 AM   #47
johnnyfive

had four good sized adults in the car today, and hade some rer wheel scrubbing when going over "whoops" in the road, and one exhause scrape entering a road from a gravel construction area....but nothing major, and i was fairly impressed that i never just slammed the body onto the ground :)

ohh, and a few more decent pics of the drop :) (cant belive i didnt take a straight side shot )

Old 08-12-2006, 06:43 AM   #48
Lowfront

Drives: Yaris Sedan
Damn I can't decide if im gonna go this low...

Need to decide extremly soon though...

I have snow in my area, for that reason alone should I go with the nfs?

Last edited by Lowfront; 08-12-2006 at 07:04 AM.
Lowfront is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 09:05 AM   #49
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Looks great Johnny.
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 09:06 AM   #50
slvryaris

Either way you cut it I dont know about a car but when I had a slammed truck it made no difference in the snow whether it was stock height or sittin on the ground. It does look killer.
Old 08-12-2006, 09:31 PM   #51
johnnyfive

plenty of snow here in wisconsin, and dont think that a 2 inch drop will make much of a difference driving in the snow, snow is soft, and dosnt really matter if you hit it, well, aslong as it isnt packed, and if it is packed then you just ride ontop, see what i am saying, there is still five inches of clearance, so maybe if it snows more than that in one shot might have some problems, but if that is the case, you dont want to be out driving ne ways :)