Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-27-2010, 08:40 AM   #1
Yariz
Banned

Drives: Yaris 3dr Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilman930 View Post
I was also told by the dealer that a Yaris can be built with just the options I want. If this is still the case that Toyota does not build to a customer order, then prehaps the Yaris is not for me.

If I am going to spend my hard earned money, then I want the car built the way I want it. I don't like the car that much to take just what the dealer has on the lot.

Toyota has to go back to school when it comes to dealing with it's customers. Because of the Mini, customers demand that their car be built the way they want it. Customers also want to be able to track their car through the whole building process. When a person orders a Mini, the car can even be located when it's on the container ship steaming to America. I've ordered three Mini's, I know how serious Mini motoring advisors are with making the customers happy. Mini want's every customer to be satisifed.

I'm hoping I can make the Yaris work for me, and I hope the dealer can make it happen.

Agreed, but Minis are double the price, you are paying for all of that. If you guys want to have all the order capabilities the car is basically going to go up in price 5-7k whether you like it or not. You are talking about millions of millions in infrastructure that have to build to make one of the smaller markets happy... us.... like it or not while they are spending $1,000,000 per hour right now on their campaign, and we are not close to a priority. I work in the industry that makes the software for this stuff, and it is very expensive.
Yariz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:59 PM   #2
b_hickman11

Drives: 08 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yariz View Post
Agreed, but Minis are double the price, you are paying for all of that. If you guys want to have all the order capabilities the car is basically going to go up in price 5-7k whether you like it or not. You are talking about millions of millions in infrastructure that have to build to make one of the smaller markets happy... us.... like it or not while they are spending $1,000,000 per hour right now on their campaign, and we are not close to a priority. I work in the industry that makes the software for this stuff, and it is very expensive.
You do realize this thread is almost 3 years old.......
b_hickman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:27 PM   #3
Yariz
Banned

Drives: Yaris 3dr Hatchback
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_hickman11 View Post
You do realize this thread is almost 3 years old.......

You do realize I could give a flyin crap? Good....
Yariz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:59 PM   #4
b_hickman11

Drives: 08 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yariz View Post
You do realize I could give a flyin crap? Good....
It's just funny how you are bringing up Toyota's recent problems to make a point about a post that is 3 years old. Lot's of things have changed since then!
b_hickman11 is offline   Reply With Quote