Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-15-2010, 01:55 AM   #1
kac

Drives: 2009 Meteorite 3dr
Need Serious Help! No Radio!!!

Ok, this is very serious. I was installing some LED's in the control knobs tonight and one dropped behind the the control knob area under the radio. When I reached in to pull it out the radio just shut off. It will not come back on at all.

it did not feel like I pulled out any wires or anything and I've checked all the fuses and they all look good.

I don't know what to check next, this is not kool at all. I commute an hour to work everyday and have got to have my radio.

Everything else is working fine and lighting up fine. I get light behind the knobs and buttons on the radio but nothing on the display and obviously no music or anything.

Please please please please please help!
kac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 08:26 AM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
I would pull the radio and check the connectors. The harness is pretty tight and you may have pulled against it just hard enough to shift one of the connectors, if it wasn't fully seated.

The other thing to check are the dome and ACC fuses. Sometimes when the low amperage fuses blow, it is not obvious with looking at them. If you have a multimeter, check the fuses for continuity. If you don't, try swapping those two fuses out, one at a time.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 12:06 PM   #3
kac

thanks bro. I've never pulled the radio yet so that'll be another adventure for me.
Old 05-15-2010, 01:16 PM   #4
ozmdd
Reluctantly Crouched...

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB M/T
I'd bet its just a loose plug. you have to pull pretty hard to tear a connection, but it is possible to pull a wire loose from its spot in the plug assembly. also, if you short out the antenna, it might blow a fuse.

It is really easy to unsnap the climate controls too, which allows you to reach into that space easily.
The radio (and everything else) comes out of that dash very easily, so don't be afraid to take parts off when working in there.
ozmdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 03:28 PM   #5
kac

Fixed it. It was a lugnut. thanks guys.