Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-04-2007, 11:44 AM   #37
Buckethead

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkratt View Post
ok i work at a gulf station and my boss is paying $2.79 a gallon for regular gas... the company that delivers it is called Prospect Oil Co. he is selling it for $2.83 thats what a .4 profit.. then if u use a credit card other then amex its 2.6 cents and amex is 3 cents so hes makeing sh** on gas.. he makes his money from the shop. and let me tell you it sux to walk up to a custies window and tell them that its $83.24 for a fill up.. dam ford f-350's i feel bad for ppl with huge suv's and trucks ect. thats a hefty penny. landscapers.. i dont wanna know.

I don't feel bad for people that drive suv's. Why? They KNOW that Suv's are gas guzzlers. Suv's for the most part aren't cheap. If they can afford to pay for an Suv or a TANK then they can afford to pay for gas.

Buckethead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 03:09 PM   #38
Yaris Revenge
GIGA...DRILL...BREAKER!!!

Drives: Lagann. ;P
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothman86 View Post
proof in my graph
Ah, sorry if I restated the obvious. Depending on who's hosting the image file, my work I.S. blocks them out. I couldn't see your graph.

~YR
Old 05-04-2007, 03:56 PM   #39
static808
Engineer/Artist/House-Dad

Drives: 2006 Toyota Sienna XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ran Kizama View Post
You know, you would think that the government would put a regulation on such a necessary resource.
im just taking a hunch, but im sure our politicians pockets are lined with money from big oil. all the gov't will do is slap their hand and say: "bad, exxon, very very bad..."

--B
Old 05-04-2007, 05:35 PM   #40
bigsky2
Cousin Vitz

Drives: Yaris RS 5DR / Vitz RS wannabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
I love this thread already. Posted it before work and its already on page 2.

You're right John, I am a college student. I know there is no economic purpose to a one-day gas boycott. The idea is that there is a large contingent of people standing up together and saying "Hey, this gas thing sucks." Just letting them know we're not completely oblivious, you know? A good friend e-mailed this to me and he doesn't e-mail anything, so I figured it was legit. A quick search online showed it everywhere. I thought... what better place to put it?

No problem Charles, we still good.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:56 AM   #41
Silver Streak S

Drives: 2007 Silver Yaris S Sedan
www.angryatthepump.org

I read an article a week ago about a guy who formed this organization called F.U.E.L (Fed Up Energy League). His idea sounds similar to what's being discussed in this thread. Check out the web site (www.angryatthepump.org). I'm skeptical of it actually working as many of you are but I'm willing to give it a try. I thought it was better than a single day gas boycott. They're looking for members and it's free to join.
Silver Streak S is offline   Reply With Quote