Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2009, 03:04 AM   #1
jorizk

Drives: Yaris 2006 1.5 L Sedan
Question Yaris sedan low and high beam

Hello fellow yaris owners:) How are you doin' ?
Yaris's my first car I have been owning it for 3 years, I have the 2006 1.5 L sedan model, and I say honestly that's it's quite awesome!

Now let's talk about the beams. I noticed some while ago that when I engage the high beam the low beam turns off. Now There are cars that leave the low beam on when the high beam's on. And if you pull the high beam nob towards you (for flashing with the high beam), there's a brief moment when both lights are on. So I wanna ask is there a way to make them both work when the high beam's engaged (high beam nob pushed forward), and why do they do it like this? Is there a temperature problem if they are both on(since they both light up from the same bulb) or is it an electrical problem (they draw too much power if both on)..

Thanks a lot mates !
jorizk is offline   Reply With Quote